PDA

View Full Version : Problems, Problems, Problems...

Fate Fatale
10-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Sorry for all the trouble guys, but another problem has arisen... For some reason, my computer wont recognise .art files as files when I try to save them. Even when trying to change them to .bmp they do not show up. Anyone know how to fix this? Please note that I CAN make and save .bmp files... just not when they are defaulted to .art...

rubah
10-19-2006, 12:49 AM
What program are you using?

Flying Mullet
10-19-2006, 03:20 AM
You say that your computer won't recongnize them and they won't show up when saving. Do you mean the files don't show up in the list of files in your save dialog? If that's the case, only files that match the extension listed in the save dialog are shown. To see all .art files in the save dialog, type <i>*.art</i> into the space where you type in the file name and hit enter. This will show you all files that end in .art. Similarly, if you want to see all files, you can type <i>*.*</i> or <i>*</i>.

crono_logical
10-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Simple solution - don't use .art, it's AOL's own lame image format (might be some normal format just renamed, can't remember). When you save, pick something else than the art format :p

Fate Fatale
10-20-2006, 01:35 AM
Flying Mullet - No, the images don't appear... period. I can use windows browser. and still.. nothing... My computer can't save using it and there are no .art files on my computer. Actually a friend gave me a disc with a bunch of crap on it and none on the files showed up. I'm not sure what the format was, as I have no idea what they were. But yeah, for some reason some types of formats don't show up...

Cl_out - Well, I'm beginning to think that AOL is the source of all evil on my computer... and actually this has been my thought for many years. However, my parents pay for it and I cannot get a job. So alas, I'm stuck with it.

Edit: AHHhhh! Sorry to forget you rubah!

Rubah - Well to answer your question, I've tried: Paint, photoshop, photo explosion, and print shop photo pro...

Lots of photo editing crap... anyhow.. it won't save.. which makes it hard, because I like doing sig work for people. Actually If I try hard enough and save it about... 27 times... it works! anyhow.. sometimes it doesn't work and I end up spending 30 minutes trying to get a picture off the net.

EDIT: Grar.. another detail I may have left out is that when I do get it to save, I have to change the file format on the save image screen from .art to .bmp... and still i have to do it about 27 times... this may help.. i dunno...