PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama

NINJA_Ryu
10-19-2006, 06:11 AM
Well, this thread is about him and what people think about him, and should he run in 2008?

Personally, i can associate with him, he gives off diffrent vibes to me than other politicans dont because those issues matter than me. He stands for what i currently believe and stand for, and i think he can make a big diffrence in turning America from the bane of the world to a pretty well off status again.

I know this is pretty brief on my part, but im fighting off a cold, and im tired, so ill post more after this thread gathers some speed.

The Captain
10-19-2006, 06:16 AM
I'd vote for him, but I have a feeling 2008 might be too soon in the world of Washington DC to allow him to run.

Take care all.

Rase
10-19-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm in agreement with The Captain. Just like women, I feel that minorites are still seen as "too risky" for either party to run one as a candidate. The Democrats are trying to win back the White House, not make a statement, and so will go with whoever they think will get the most votes.

If this turned out to be Obama though, I might vote for him, depending on who his opponent is. I agree with him on some points, and even when I don't he still makes a good case for his view.

Denmark
10-19-2006, 06:31 AM
I'd vote for Obama if he ran, especially if he gets the nomination instead of Hillary. I haven't really heard anything about any other potential Democratic candidates beyond those two.

edczxcvbnm
10-19-2006, 03:51 PM
I am from IL and I like the hell out of him. For reference he was a barely noticed candidate for Senate during the Primary up until a few weeks before hand when scandals sunk everyone else and ads started running for him...at least that is how I remember it.

I have a feeling he will not run. But I would vote for him.

Also you are not electable if you are from the Senate. When was the last person who ran for President and actually won...from the senate? It has been a long while. I think being from the Senate hurts you because of everything you vote for or against before that bill is actually offically passed or rejected. It becomes too easy to spill half truths about a person.

Lionheart=pwnage
10-20-2006, 02:14 AM
I will vote for him just cus I am a hardcore DEMOCRAT and hes from my state. ILLINOIS.

Decessus
10-20-2006, 02:16 AM
I don't watch the news.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?!!

I Took the Red Pill
10-20-2006, 02:17 AM
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?!!
Junior Senator from Illinois, whom people speculate may run for President in 2008. And he's African-American. I'd support him 100% if he ran.

Xaven
10-20-2006, 02:59 AM
No, I wouldn't vote for him. Then again, I'll only be 17 at the time.

Decessus
10-20-2006, 03:11 AM
No, I wouldn't vote for him. Then again, I'll only be 17 at the time.

Racist. :mad2:

The Captain
10-20-2006, 05:48 AM
"Also you are not electable if you are from the Senate. When was the last person who ran for President and actually won...from the senate? It has been a long while. I think being from the Senate hurts you because of everything you vote for or against before that bill is actually offically passed or rejected. It becomes too easy to spill half truths about a person."

To the best of my knowledge Ed, the last President who was a Senator was Nixon.

Take care all.

escobert
10-20-2006, 05:51 AM
I'd vote for him well depending on who he is running against. I'd much rather see him running then Hillary.