PDA

View Full Version : The BAFTA video games awards

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
So i was watching the BAFTA video games awards the other night and was shocked, after an hour of watching, to notice that the phrase "Final fantasy" wasn't even spoken once!!! it's madness!!!

i would have thought it might have even been nominated for something like the best score, but it wasn't even in the running!

maybe it was just ommitted from the competition because it wouldn't be fair on the other games right!? :D

Discuss . . .

Mirage
10-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Maybe because there hasn't been a Final Fantasy release worth noting all year?
Aren't these also the same awards that awarded "Grand Theft Auto *something" with the best soundtrack, while it's not even a soundtrack made especially for the game? In that case, I don't even care about it.
-edit-
No, it's not the same. Nevermind.
I'm expecting to see Final Fantasy 12 nominated for several categories next year. My best bets would be screenplay, artistic achievement, original score and action/adventure.

Raebus
10-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Maybe because they just don't think final fantasy is that great/good? :)

Edit: *Agree's with mirages post*

Levian
10-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Hmm, seeing as how this has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, I guess it's safe to boot this to General Gaming.

Here's a link to the list of the winners:

http://www.bafta.org/site/page413.html

I'm considering picking up Shadow of the Colossus now. ;o

Drift
10-19-2006, 06:43 PM
why was voters choice 24 the mobile game?

Lost Number
10-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Why did SotC not win Game of the Year?

Mirage
10-19-2006, 10:38 PM
What is SotC?
Nevermind.
It did win artistic achievement and action/adventure. That's not bad.

Rainecloud
10-20-2006, 06:44 AM
New Super Mario Bros didn't win the "Best Children's Game" award?

I'm quite shocked. =/

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
SotC = Shadow of the collosus. from wot i saw of it at the awards it looks pretty gud but ive never really looked into it before :D