PDA

View Full Version : mmorpg?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!which one

Rogue
10-20-2006, 02:56 AM
i know theres been a ton of mmorpg threads but i need help decding one so please help:( :confused: :( :confused: ........I LOVE FINAL FANTASY.

final fantasy Xi online

well i play FFXIonline and all i find my self doing is making new chars which no one will help me decdie...anyway...FFXI is fun but kinda boring in some ways it seems like a big world but its very limited like armor gets repeatible looks so does weapons i like new looks for everthing and come on Square-Enix cant u make a better char maker.and i play on ps2 with broadband..

World of Warcraft

i have never played it but it looks huge and it must be good so many ppl play it. It seems so fun by u go by fast in it ur not limited and theres some questions tho.

1)can u make other characters like in ffxi?if so is it free?

2)is the character creation good?please give details!!!!

3)does armor and weapons have repeatible looks?

4)can u craft?

5)whats the battle style like?

6)is the world huge like FFXI or is it bigger or not as big?

7)can u make ur own linkshells or what ever you call them guilds maybe?

8)hows the community?

9)how much a month?

10)are there diffrent servers if so how many?

11)can u switch jobs in the game?

-i know these are alot of questions but please answer i really want to know-

-these are the only mmorpgs i really interested in ive played alot more like guild wars but guild wars is very boring.runescape sucks and maple story is kinda dumb after a while!!!

is everquest 2 good or dungeons and dragons...i dont know much about them im looking on youtube now for videos on how they are....

thanks for reading:tongue:

Christmas
10-20-2006, 02:59 AM
From your first post, it is obviously you are interested in WOW. :bigsmile:

PyroManiak
10-20-2006, 03:09 AM
CONQUER ONLINE!!!! lol that games awesome

you can go to conqueronline.com and start up..If you do join dragon server my username is PyroManiac

The game is in a 2d background that looks 3d and is based on chinese culture..The best part of the game is free PK everywhere except for now u cant pk in the main town..Also I love the fact that u can jump and melee'ers usually 1 hit rangers and Melee'ers have a ranged attack themselves strangely..The class system is awesome and you can get reborn at highest lvl..

so yeah the game is awesome and has alot of aspets u have to find out about and it has low system reqz

The game honestly lacks character creation but the class system makes up for it..
100%free but sometimes they throw bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif at u and u have to pay real life cash for dragonballs for special features but they usually arent imporant and no-one realy buys DB's

No~!

Kind of but the armor and weapons look kool and has a nice stats system

4)can u craft?

Yup.. U craft using meteors, Dragonballs, and gems

Fkin Awesome!!.. You can pk anywhere and theirs pk arena's and guildwars.. U can jump!!.. the fact that you can jump makes the games Pking a little bit skill based and u have to be able to control characters well and be good at Fb'ing and SS'ing

Like 20 maps or so??

Yup.. and theirs guildwars and you can have branches in guilds and guild leaders and deputys.

8)hows the community?

Theirs alot of idiots, but considering theirs a good pk system where anyone who kills u instantly becomes a sworn enemy..which u can delete...and it shows them on mini-map and u can atk them and Pwn them... this game is guns and roses.. either someones a friend or enemy

9)how much a month?

Free.. if you buy DB's ud prolly waste like 10US a month

like 30 servers lol.. if anything join dragon

You can get reborn at the maximum lvl and theres 2nd reborn.. so you could be archer-mage(tao)-warrior all at the same time or u culd be something like archer-archer-archer or in other words a pure..

Shoeberto
10-20-2006, 03:14 AM
As many as you like, no charge. You get to pick your server, too. None of that random placement crap.
Yeah, I guess. You choose your faction, race, and class, and can customize your look (though I thought this aspect was somewhat limited).
For the most part, aside from epic gear.
4)can u craft?
Yes.
You've got a hotbar of actions. You target a monster to attack, or target a player to heal, etc. General MMO fair.
It's really hard to compare MMO world sizes because they're all really huge if they're worth their weight. WoW is big, yes. You'll realize just how big when you ride a griffon anywhere.
Guilds, yes. Linkshells is such a lame name.
8)hows the community?
Pretty excellent, actually. Friendly and fun.
9)how much a month?
$14.99. The perk is that you aren't charged for extra characters, which is one of the dumbest ideas ever.
Yes, like a bajillion. I dunno, I'd guesstimate around 50 active, both PvP and normal.
Sort of.
You get a main class, which is the archetype for your character. You can buy skills as you level up at profession trainers, and once you hit level 10, the Talents tree is available. Every level you get a talent point to spend somewhere in one of your available trait trees, but you won't end enough talent points by 60 to be able to be a jack of all trades - you'll go for a specific build. Of course, you can respec, which costs lots of money, but allows you to redistribute points in your talent tree. So you can sort of reroll your character.

As for professions (tradeskills), you can learn two of them, but if you decide you want to go for another profession, you can unlearn one of them. Like if you go for engineering and herbalism, but decide that herbalism is pointless in tradeskilling with engineering, you can unlearn it to get mining or something. But professions!=class. They're just tradeskills for crafting.

Hopefully this helps out some.

Discord
10-20-2006, 03:21 AM
Hmm... There's a test version of WoW. You just have to download a downloader from their page, don't remember which one. Just look in google for "WoW Demo" or something like that. You'll get there eventually.

Anyhow, it'll give you a 10 day trial period with minor limitations. However, you need a credit card to create an account, even though you don't have to pay anything. I'm loading it myself at the moment.

Rogue
10-20-2006, 03:38 AM
im going to try that out when i get a new computer lol i play FFXI on ps2 and i plan on geting a new dell lol anyway WoW looks awesome i think i will quit playing FFXI >.> sounds kinda scary tho beacause i love FFXI im just not getting any where with it.......when thay make a better char maker and when those thousands of ppl wanting a male mithra i say when they do that i might come back lol

Sunny Day Suicide
10-20-2006, 03:44 AM
This kind of make me want to get WoW. I always wanted to play a fun REAL MMORPG. Not another runescape.

Shoeberto
10-20-2006, 03:47 AM
It's definitely a different environment. Free MMOs attract... well, not so good people, on account of them being free. So you get a lot of kiddies in there trying to flex their e-peens. The quality of people willing to spend money on a game monthly is generally higher than young 'ens afraid to use their mom's credit card, making them resort to stuff like Runescape.

It's a pretty good game, all-around, if you're looking for an interesting MMO experience.

Sunny Day Suicide
10-20-2006, 03:52 AM
And what if I want to stop playing. I can cancel it?

Markus. D
10-20-2006, 04:16 AM
CONQUER ONLINE!!!! lol that games awesome

you can go to conqueronline.com and start up..If you do join dragon server my username is PyroManiac

The game is in a 2d background that looks 3d and is based on chinese culture..The best part of the game is free PK everywhere except for now u cant pk in the main town..Also I love the fact that u can jump and melee'ers usually 1 hit rangers and Melee'ers have a ranged attack themselves strangely..The class system is awesome and you can get reborn at highest lvl..

so yeah the game is awesome and has alot of aspets u have to find out about and it has low system reqz

The game honestly lacks character creation but the class system makes up for it..
100%free but sometimes they throw bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif at u and u have to pay real life cash for dragonballs for special features but they usually arent imporant and no-one realy buys DB's

No~!

Kind of but the armor and weapons look kool and has a nice stats system

4)can u craft?

Yup.. U craft using meteors, Dragonballs, and gems

Fkin Awesome!!.. You can pk anywhere and theirs pk arena's and guildwars.. U can jump!!.. the fact that you can jump makes the games Pking a little bit skill based and u have to be able to control characters well and be good at Fb'ing and SS'ing

Like 20 maps or so??

Yup.. and theirs guildwars and you can have branches in guilds and guild leaders and deputys.

8)hows the community?

Theirs alot of idiots, but considering theirs a good pk system where anyone who kills u instantly becomes a sworn enemy..which u can delete...and it shows them on mini-map and u can atk them and Pwn them... this game is guns and roses.. either someones a friend or enemy

9)how much a month?

Free.. if you buy DB's ud prolly waste like 10US a month

like 30 servers lol.. if anything join dragon

You can get reborn at the maximum lvl and theres 2nd reborn.. so you could be archer-mage(tao)-warrior all at the same time or u culd be something like archer-archer-archer or in other words a pure..

Conquer is definetly Awesome.

but you are wrong about being able to PvP in the main town, they disabled it n_n in most servers due to the continuous mass PK wars within the cities :\

PyroManiak
10-20-2006, 04:24 AM
[QUOTE=Tsukasa;1948632]
Conquer is definetly Awesome.

but you are wrong about being able to PvP in the main town, they disabled it n_n in most servers due to the continuous mass PK wars within the cities :\ [QUOTE=Tsukasa;1948632]

ZOMFG@!

what servers did they cancel it in.. I fkin hate the fact that u cant pk in twin city??

Markus. D
10-20-2006, 04:50 AM
Eternity is definetly one of them.

ljkkjlcm9
10-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Phantasy Star Universe.... 5 days...

THE JACKEL

Rogue
10-20-2006, 05:19 AM
can we get back on subject instead of conquer online >.>

Mirage
10-20-2006, 05:28 PM
The topic is "mmorpg? which one" :p, so it's relevant.
I don't really see a reason to make more than one character in FFXI :p, maybe an extra mule, and that leaves the monthly fee lower than that of WoW, Hsu. If you live in Europe, you can actually get one character of every race in FFXI before it costs more than WoW, because it costs more here than in the US. Unlike FFXI, where it costs the same both in the US and EU.

WoW has more options at character creation than FFXI, that I agree with, and it's a good thing that you can select servers freely. That doesn't really matter if you don't know any other players in the game though, and if you do, a world pass solves that. I'd still be able to choose freely though :(.
WoW didn't really appeal to me the 10 days I tried it. Dunno why, I've never really cared much about any of Blizzards games.

escobert
10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
I actually just got a demo of WoW, a 10 day free trial. I can't wait to try it out :D

JKTrix
10-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Phantasy Star Universe.... 5 days...

Seconded.

Discord
10-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Hmm... well, I've got myself a copy of WoW now. Not bad, not bad at all.

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
WoW hands down.

Frozen Phantom
10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I sure as hell Enjoy playing WoW...but I have to admit there are some obvious flaws when compaired to FFXI

1: unlike FFXI, you cant change classes without making a new character.

2: actually FFXI is cheaper than wow, but like 3 dollars a month if you only have 1 character.

3: I have had run ins with crappy comunity moments, so the comunity isnt as "perfect" as some of you might hope.

I think thats the end of my complaining....for now

Saku
10-30-2006, 02:17 PM
WoW and FFXI.... are in a lot of ways similar... each has their pluses and their minuses. I personally liked FFXI better because for some reason I wound up with some good friends when I first started. Playerkillers can be tricky in WoW... which can be annoying especially at lower levels. THe inability to change classes freely is also annoying to me, because although I largely play mages or paladins, I like to test other things out because I'm an adventurer... as well as the cat curiousity killed.
I currently though play mostly Guild Wars... because its free online play, and I'm in university... so I don't always have money for monthly fees... Although.. I did save for PSU... but that was in the yearly budget.

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Runescape is OK, btu it gets boring after lvl 60 and the graphics are bad. I like Knight Online. It's like a free, scaled down WoW, or so I've heard. I've heard ffxi has some major server issues. Um, but Knight Online has this thing, where if more than 1800 ppl are on a server and more than 80% of those r free players, only premiums can login there. also, if you make a character on one server, then make a character on another server, u can't move on to another server.

Kal Online=bad.

Discord
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh common. Runescape's, excuse the expression, nuts. It has always been nuts and it'll always stay... nuts! It's only good for keeping your left mouse button warm.

-Red XIII-
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Hero Online, all the way.

Hero.netgame.com

this game is awesome, and the pet system is very good. Client download is only about 400+ megabytes, and takes very little time to start up.

If you do get on, I'm Sipheria on it. I can help you out, as I help many noobs out by partying up with them and leveling them up. They ususally return the favor in the future, which shows the community is nice.

-Awesome skills.
-Ability to fly and walk on water (after obtsaining skill)
-Free to play (some items can be bought for pay-pal)
-Pet system (come on, how tight is it to ride on a giant wolf that can charge through enemies and rip them apart?)
-Amazing graphics

just check it out, it's awesome. Just don't do Endless Online. Even though it's free and runs on dial-up, never, ever do it.... ugh...

Yeah, Hero Online, all the way.

Sylvie
10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Hero Online, all the way.

Hero.netgame.com

this game is awesome, and the pet system is very good. Client download is only about 400+ megabytes, and takes very little time to start up.

If you do get on, I'm Sipheria on it. I can help you out, as I help many noobs out by partying up with them and leveling them up. They ususally return the favor in the future, which shows the community is nice.

-Awesome skills.
-Ability to fly and walk on water (after obtsaining skill)
-Free to play (some items can be bought for pay-pal)
-Pet system (come on, how tight is it to ride on a giant wolf that can charge through enemies and rip them apart?)
-Amazing graphics

just check it out, it's awesome. Just don't do Endless Online. Even though it's free and runs on dial-up, never, ever do it.... ugh...

Yeah, Hero Online, all the way.

That game screams "KOREAN WOW RIP-OFF".

I would reccommend Monster Hunter. You can buy it for 20 bucks, and its for PS2. No monthly charge. And its great because a lot of crafting is involved and things.

Markus. D
10-30-2006, 11:18 PM
its fun :)

Hero Online is an extremely well created Grinder MMORPG, and Unlike WoW it has a more developed skill build system, additions of bought skills and class chosen skills.

50calCerberus
10-30-2006, 11:27 PM
world of warcraft u can make up to 10 chars on each server for each account one accounts about 15 bucks amonth with credit card or u can get 2 month cards from a gamestore for 30.

Markus. D
10-30-2006, 11:45 PM
I thought it was 50 per server...

seee, constant Nerfs.

Lindy
10-30-2006, 11:51 PM

seee, constant Nerfs.
I lol'd because you're an idiot (as per every other post you make), it's 50 characters per account, always has been, always will be.

Note how Blizzard won't delete your character if you stop playing either.

Oh and every MMO has pretty terrible communities full of morons, it's just they're far more prevalent on free MMOs (which are ALWAYS crap, seriously, I've played at least twenty of 'em)

Anyway, screw 'em all and wait for Warhammer Online.

Frozen Phantom
10-31-2006, 12:12 AM

seee, constant Nerfs.

if it was like that, all the servers would completely flood and crash

actually i think its 10 per server on i think on all servers....but I could be wrong...I never really payed attention to that part.

Markus. D
10-31-2006, 12:19 AM

seee, constant Nerfs.
I lol'd because you're an idiot (as per every other post you make), it's 50 characters per account, always has been, always will be.

Note how Blizzard won't delete your character if you stop playing either.

Oh and every MMO has pretty terrible communities full of morons, it's just they're far more prevalent on free MMOs (which are ALWAYS crap, seriously, I've played at least twenty of 'em)

Anyway, screw 'em all and wait for Warhammer Online.

Warhammer looks okay n_n

I just think WoW sucks overall.... apart from its locations and lore.

Lindy
10-31-2006, 12:23 AM
It's ok, we all know you have no taste anyway, considering how you extolled the "virtues" of Silkfail Online and other such internet trash.

-Red XIII-
10-31-2006, 03:15 AM

Hero Online is an extremely well created Grinder MMORPG, and Unlike WoW it has a more developed skill build system, additions of bought skills and class chosen skills.

thank you! It is fun.Definantly worth tryin, and the halloween events are funny :p think people runnin around in cow masks

Izzo2
11-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Oh common. Runescape's, excuse the expression, nuts. It has always been nuts and it'll always stay... nuts! It's only good for keeping your left mouse button warm.

It's all in opinion. I like(d) Runescape, and if you tell my friend that...he'll murder you in your sleep.

Nah, just kidding.;) Well, anyway.

I just downloaded Conquer Online and it is awesome. The graphics are good and the jumping is fun.

My account name is imanoobeater. My charcter's name is Erath.

On Knight Online I'm Ereckala, character name: Narova on Xiegon.

Spammerman
11-01-2006, 03:00 AM

Just remember who showed u to it.

Hero is good, knight online is good, and whats better is there free.

Markus. D
11-01-2006, 03:03 AM
It's ok, we all know you have no taste anyway, considering how you extolled the "virtues" of Silkfail Online and other such internet trash.

I actually never apologized. Still don’t tend to.

People like Cbc and yourself get no such from myself.

Edit: back on topic -

Knight Online

Pros: Small Compact casual game.
Livens up the party experience with bonus exp.
Nice musical score.

Cons: Perhaps to small of a world for some (exploring finished around the second day of play).
UGLY FUGLY GUGLY skill animations, constipated lightshows ;\.
May be extremely laggy for some (or off sync with your commands).
Battle system still needs some work and balancing :).

Zeromus_X
11-01-2006, 03:05 AM
Lindy, do not personally attack other members, and please cool down your attitude.

Aurri
11-01-2006, 03:56 AM
Final fantasy XI is the only MMORPG i have ever got my hands on to and i think its great^^ i have all ways been a final fantasy fan since ffvii (1st uk title) and have now played them all through. Ffxi is packed with clasic ff elements and i woulld say if you are a fan of final fantasy and want to play a MMORPG choose ffxi. It is verry addictive though and i probly shouldnt play as much as i do but o well^^

Avarice-ness
11-01-2006, 04:05 AM
I got Gw's Nightfall and it's pretty. :D

Markus. D
11-01-2006, 05:58 AM
I got Gw's Nightfall and it's pretty. :D

T-T

Malboro_Menace
11-01-2006, 06:19 AM
I'm interested in getting WoW but the costs would just seem too hard to pay, considering im a 15 yr old with no job...

RuneScape is alright. If you hate the community that bad just play with some good friends. The thing that really sucks is the level grinding you need to do to actually be good. It sucks. Sucks balls.

Jebus
11-01-2006, 06:21 AM
WoW is probably the best MMORPG out there right now.

Although Star Trek: Online (tentative release in 2008) is beginning to look pretty good. I can only hope it doesn't pull a Star Wars Galaxies.

Markus. D
11-01-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm interested in getting WoW but the costs would just seem too hard to pay, considering im a 15 yr old with no job...

RuneScape is alright. If you hate the community that bad just play with some good friends. The thing that really sucks is the level grinding you need to do to actually be good. It sucks. Sucks balls.

its definetly not to hard to play n_n

but the questing can get a little repetitive. I think theres only about 6 differant types of quests.

but there are alot in WoW :)

Malboro_Menace
11-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Hard to pay i said :).

Rostum
11-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Well, I had a job at 15 and earnt around $1,500AUD over a christmas period that year. It was also extremely easy to apply for. Though I hated it because I had to deal with crazy mums and kids in the toy and sport sections. >.<;