PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy's Version of GTA's "Hot Coffee" Mod

Dynast-Kid
10-20-2006, 04:35 AM
Yeah,the title sucks,I was just trying to get some attention to this thread.

How do you pronounce the name "Ramuh"?

I pronounce it: (Rah-moo)

Zeromus_X
10-20-2006, 04:58 AM
I pronounce it Ra-moo.

I await Kishi to storm the thread and provide the right pronunciation though.

Dynast-Kid
10-20-2006, 05:01 AM
I pronounce it Ra-moo.

I await Kishi to storm the thread and provide the right pronunciation though.

Let's hope he gets here fast...

ljkkjlcm9
10-20-2006, 05:09 AM
RAH
like RAY-RAH when you chear

MOO
like a COW MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE JACKEL

LoKuS
10-20-2006, 06:59 AM
I say Ra-ma

Necronopticous
10-20-2006, 07:16 AM
The most correct English pronounciation would be "Rah-mah." The name roots from "Rama," an incarnation of Vishnu in Hinduism.

vorpal blade
10-20-2006, 09:51 AM
I believe Ramuh is actually a mistransalation of "rama", short for ramalamadingdong.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-20-2006, 09:53 AM
It's rah-moo. ラムウ 。

A common convention of transliteration from Japanese characters to the Roman alphabet is to use "uh" to denote an extended U-sound. See also: Gokuu, which is commonly rendered "Gokuh."

Unfortunately, this is pretty misleading for English readers.

DJZen
10-21-2006, 01:53 AM
I've only ever seen it spelled Goku.

f f freak
10-21-2006, 02:04 AM
I say things how they are spelt if I don't know how to say them. I say it Ra-moo. Always have and I always will.

dodhungry
10-21-2006, 04:36 AM
I pronounce Ramuh----death!

ok more like Ram-moo...its the Arkansas pernunciation

Goldenboko
10-21-2006, 04:45 AM
It's rah-moo. ラムウ 。

A common convention of transliteration from Japanese characters to the Roman alphabet is to use "uh" to denote an extended U-sound. See also: Gokuu, which is commonly rendered "Gokuh."

Unfortunately, this is pretty misleading for English readers.

I believe Ramuh is actually a mistransalation of "rama", short for ramalamadingdong.
Sorry Vorpal wins :D

Zeromus_X
10-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Why must I always mix up 'ma' and 'mu'. :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I suppose it's an easy enough mistake to make. They're both basically triangles.

Erdrick Holmes
10-21-2006, 01:56 PM
What? I was expecting a patch for FFVII that did this and I find THIS? You suck.

Dynast-Kid
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
What? I was expecting a patch for FFVII that did this and I find THIS? You suck.

Sorry!xP

DJZen
10-21-2006, 09:44 PM

You don't need a patch for that, just go to the Honeybee Inn. :D

feioncastor
11-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I've always pronounced it as "RAH-moo", so I'm in the clear.

However, the word "Chocobo" has always been pronounced "KO-ko-bo", not "CHO-ko-bo" like most people I've met. It has a lot to do with my older brother Jason who is kind of a retard. When I started playing FF games, it was with him. We were playing FFII for the SNES, back in the day, and he pronounced so many thing incorrectly, and I said it differently than he did (like, if I said it the way it would be phoenetically correct), he'd hit me and tell me not to correct him. To him, "Damcyan" was pronounced "Damm-ic-uhn", and "Eblan" was "Em-blem". And "Bahamut" was "BAH-HA-MUTT", with a clear emphasis on all 3 syllables. The same with "Behemoth". It was "BEE-HEE-MOTH". I'm pretty sure that the good sword you always find is called the "Mahs-a-moon-eh", but we had to called it the "mas-MYOON"

Several years later after he moved out, I played FFT by myself, and when I called him to talk about it and I mentioned the "Beoulve Family", he corrected me and told me it was "bee-LOUV".

These days, I say all of those words correctly, except "Chocobo" which I still maintain could be pronounced as "KO-ko-bo", sort of like "Chimera".