PDA

View Full Version : work-related question.

Jowy
10-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I've been searching the internet for about twenty minutes in search of a product that I'm not sure even exists. I have a customer looking for a 15" (no more, no less) digital AV player of sorts. He wants no DVD attachment on this apparatus, and would like it to run off of an alternate storage method, such as a memory stick. This is going to be placed in some form of furniture, and just looping a video constantly.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone knew of such a product so that I can get this done. <3

Mirage
10-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Sounds like he's going to make a fireplace or something :p. Why doesn't he want a DVD attachment? That would be just as easy.

Flying Mullet
10-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Can it allow for any kind of external input or does it need to be "self-sustaining" with a built-in hard-drive or something of the like?

JKTrix
10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Not exactly all-in-one, but this could help
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_mediamvp.html

Finding a 15" monitor should be easy, just needs to have S-video or normal Yellow-White-Red connections.

There are several other products, 'Digital Media Players', that hook up to computers and can display them on a TV. There are some wireless ones as well, though they are typically of lower quality.

Jowy
10-20-2006, 09:05 PM
He doesn't want external input. He wants something that's 'non-mainstream and unique', hence why he didn't want a DVD format. Also something that's around the $300-$500 price range.

Flying Mullet
10-20-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't know that there is anything in that price-range. I think that you're either going to have to look into more expensive options of what the client wants or cheaper options that take an external input.

<b>EDIT:</b> One thought I just had, maybe you can find an older tablet pc. I don't know that they make them 15", but if you can find an older one for around $500, I'm sure there's a way to turn off the touch screen on it and you could play the video on a loop on the tablet.