PDA

View Full Version : A deep, philosophical debate on peanuts will follow

Alive-Cat
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Here is something I have been a wondering. I pose to you a...theory of sorts, one might say, if given correct stimulation.
It's interesting that when somebody has a good day, everything that happens on that day is good. Nothing bad happens whatsoever, nothing even insignificant, and vise versa, it's interesting that on a bad day nothing good happens, only the bad. It would make more sense if something very bad happened to make it a bad day, but then it continued as normal. Usually on a bad day bad things keep on happening, and on a good day good things.
Yes, this sure is interesting, folks. We all know I make the coolest threads. :cool:

Sergeant Hartman
10-20-2006, 04:03 PM
My day just got worse.

Breine
10-20-2006, 04:15 PM
It is indeed a mystery why it is so, but I think it has something to do with the fact that when you have told yourself, "Gosh, this is truly a good/bad day!" everything will just be good/bad because our mind has the idea that it is so... or something :eep: *blarg*

Christmas
10-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I alway wish NANNY MANUS a horrible day every morning. :bigsmile:

Fred
10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
That must be due to the fact that "Good day" and "Bad day" are completely subjective. For example, I may find a dollar in the couch and consider it a "Good day," even if I lose $5 on a bet in the same day. You might not. See? See? See?

Cz
10-20-2006, 04:47 PM
When I'm having a good day, I'm likely to dismiss a paper cut as a trivial inconvenience, move along and forget about it. When I'm having a bad day, I'll use it as further evidence that the universe is out to get me and stamp my feet in a rage. Once you're person is convinced you've seen a pattern in something, it's surprising how easy it is to make things conform to it.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
10-20-2006, 05:20 PM
On a good day, negative things go by without much realisation that they ever took place

Levian
10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, once you have it set on your mind that Aeris is a drug dealer it's pretty easy to find more evidence.

I had a good day yesterday, I made spaghetti! :D

Old Manus
10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Today I didn't even have to use my AK.

I gotta say it was a good day.

Resha
10-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Some mornings I wake up and decide it's going to be a terrible day, just for kicks.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-20-2006, 05:48 PM
It's because when we have a bad day we tend to only focus and particularly remember the bad things that have happened; the good is looked over or ignored. So it is not that good things do not happen on bad days, it is just we fail to recognize them due to the subsquent focus on the bad.

Fred
10-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I think this thread might be proof that nobody reads all the responses before they post.

Alive-Cat
10-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Judging by the responses in this thread so far, I'd like to be the first to say I think it's evidence that nobody reads all of the other posts before they respond. :-/

Vikeve
10-20-2006, 07:50 PM
On a good day, negative things go by without much realisation that they ever took place

Yeah..... not much more to say. Today I would say was a good day cuz i had a good time with friends but i ruined some jeans and got soaked by water before school started which sucks but you know just another day.

Edit:............... *shakes head*

Quindiana Jones
10-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Today I didn't even have to used my AK.

I gotta say it was a good day.

Shlup
10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Welcome to basic psychology.

Decessus
10-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Judging by the responses in this thread so far, I'd like to be the first to say I think it's evidence that nobody reads all of the other posts before they respond.

Xander
10-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Good and bad is all about attitude I guess so yeah you'll see more things as bad on a bad day and more things as good on a good day. It's true though how on bad days bad things keep piling up, sometimes it's been like - can things get any worse today, at work, cos everything bad happens after each other. So perhaps its magic too. bad magic :(

Shlup
10-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Judging by the responses in this thread so far, I'd like to be the first to say I think it's evidence that nobody reads all of the other posts before they respond.

There's just nothing new to say about it is all. Smartass.