PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice this?

crazy chocobo
10-20-2006, 09:19 PM
After watching the movie a couple of times I noticed something. Geo stigma is being infected with jenova cells. If that's the case then why is cloud infected/sick if he already has jenova cells in him because of being SOLDIER. Also sephiroth can't get infected with his own gene so how come cloud can if he is a(failed)clone? Is this a loophole in the plot or am I missing something?

ShivaBlizzard8
10-21-2006, 12:25 AM
I thought geostigma was your lifeforce's (aka the Planet's) negative reaction TO the Jenova cells. Your body tries to expel the JENOVA cells, and as a result, you get geostigma (which is why Kadaj tried to convince the kids that the Planet hated them because it was hurting them). Therefore Cloud would be a prime canidate.

Malboro_Menace
10-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Speaking of plot holes I think you missed the fact in FF7 that Jenova isn't Sephiroths mother.

Yeah Shiva is right. I think...

Sefie1999AD
10-21-2006, 02:30 PM
I thought geostigma was your lifeforce's (aka the Planet's) negative reaction TO the Jenova cells. Your body tries to expel the JENOVA cells, and as a result, you get geostigma (which is why Kadaj tried to convince the kids that the Planet hated them because it was hurting them). Therefore Cloud would be a prime canidate.

Yes, or more like, it's the body's defence mechanisms and the Lifestream working too hard to remove the Jenova cells, and the overloading that keeps happening there is what causes the Geostigma. At least that's how I understood it.

Twilight Edge
10-22-2006, 06:35 AM

Yes, or more like, it's the body's defence mechanisms and the Lifestream working too hard to remove the Jenova cells, and the overloading that keeps happening there is what causes the Geostigma. At least that's how I understood it.

Well, Vincent did mention to Cloud that Geostigma is caused by the overreaction of the body's defense mechanism to fight off the JENOVA cells, and therefore resulting in Geostigma.

boys from the dwarf
10-23-2006, 02:16 PM
hmm. people seem pretty desperate to find plot-holes for AC.

Laugh at face of Danger
10-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Speaking of plot holes I think you missed the fact in FF7 that Jenova isn't Sephiroths mother.

Not birth mother, yes, but her DNA is still within him, just because he wasn't conceived within...it doesn't mean she doesn't play a part in being his mother.

Dragon Mage
10-26-2006, 09:36 PM
After watching the movie a couple of times I noticed something. Geo stigma is being infected with jenova cells. If that's the case then why is cloud infected/sick if he already has jenova cells in him because of being SOLDIER. Also sephiroth can't get infected with his own gene so how come cloud can if he is a(failed)clone? Is this a loophole in the plot or am I missing something?

Geostigma is Jenova cells that have been diffused in the Lifestream. The cells act like a virus in the bloodstream of the planet. Lifestream energy is in everyone, so if the Lifestream is infected and under attack, than so is everyone else. However, it is not a physical thing that can be fought off via immune system, but the body is still trying to repel the invader it knows is there but can't really find. Thus the blackening of the skin, as the body is actually attacking itself.
Now, keep in mind that Sephiroth has Jenova in his DNA-it is part of his being. Cloud, on the other hand, is thouroughly human. Yes, he was shot full of Jenova cells, but the normal human cells were affected and changed in the presence of the Jenova cells--different but still human. This would be known as a mutation. So Sephiroth is a human/alien half breed, but Cloud, while different, is a human. And so Cloud can be infected by Geostigma.

jubjub13
10-26-2006, 10:52 PM

That is actually correct. As Vincent explain it to Cloud in the forest, after trying to save the kids. Vincent tells cloud that the geostigma is caused by the body as it tries to fight off "intruders", or in other words, Jenova Cells.

jubjub13
10-26-2006, 10:56 PM

Actually, if you've played DoC, you find out that Lucecia (correct me if her name is spelled wrong) is Sephiroth's mother.:D

Goldenboko
10-26-2006, 11:29 PM

Actually, if you've played DoC, you find out that Lucecia (correct me if her name is spelled wrong) is Sephiroth's mother.:D

Actually that can be found out in FFVII itself.

jubjub13
10-27-2006, 04:18 PM

Really, where? Is it when you talk to Lucecia?

Orophin
10-27-2006, 10:11 PM

Really, where? Is it when you talk to Lucecia?

Yup, in the cave where you can only go with the submarine or with the Mountain/Black/Gold chocobo.

Seal Evil
08-28-2007, 12:25 PM
^ You find out before that. When you discover Vincent in the coffin, he tells Cloud then.

Fynn
08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
So, to sum up, Geostigma is like a fever - a sign, that the organism is trying to fight off the disease which, in this case, are the Jenova cells...

arcanedude34
08-29-2007, 10:26 PM
How did all the kids get the Jenova cells?

Mercen-X
08-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Jenova was running rampant across the planet. Clones, mimetic legacies, were being created everywhere. I just wonder how so many people avoided getting Jenova cells.

^ You find out before that. When you discover Vincent in the coffin, he tells Cloud then.
He does not.

Big D
09-02-2007, 02:35 AM
All the kids with Geostigma - and, presumably, Rufus too - were infected by the Lifestream itself. After Jenova was defeated by the heroes in FFVII, her essence dispersed into the Lifestream. When the Lifestream came forth to destroy Meteor, Jenova's tainted spirit energy was carried with it, infecting anyone who came into contact with the tainted energy. Midgar was where the Lifestream converged, so that's where a lot of victims came from. Kids seem to be especially vulnerable, perhaps something to do with the fact that they're still growing.
Reeve's mother was one of the first people to die from Geostigma, dying a few hours after her exposure to large amounts of the contaminated energy. Others, like Denzel, began showing signs more slowly.

Virtually all of this info is from the novella, 'On the way to a Smile: Case of Denzel', and from the movie itself.

Kadaj is actually kinda telling the truth when he tells the kids that he and they are brethren. The kids are carrying fragments of Jenova's spiritual essence that came from the Lifestream, while he and his brothers are fragments of Sephiroth's spirit that didn't disperse.

Seal Evil
09-02-2007, 06:00 PM
He does not.
Yes, he does.

SCRIPT: (thanks to this (http://members.fortunecity.com/sephkatana/ff7stuff/ff7opq.txt))

Cloud: "At least tell us your name."

Unknown: "I was with... the Shinra Manufacturing Department in
Adminstrative Research, otherwise known as-- the Turks..."

(The PLAYER names Vincent)

"Vincent."

Cloud: "The Turks!?"

Vincent: "Formerly of the Turks."
"I have no affiliation with Shinra now."
"...And you?"

Cloud: "Former Shinra soldier, Cloud."

Vincent: "You were also with Shinra...? Then do you know Lucrecia?"

Cloud: "Who?"

Vincent: "......Lucrecia."

(Cloud shakes his head.)

Vincent: "The woman who gave birth to Sephiroth."

Cloud: "...gave birth...?"
"Wasn't Jenova Sephiroth's mother?"

Vincent: "That isn't completely wrong, but just a theory."
"That lady was Lucrecia."
"She was an assistant to Professor Gast of the Jenova Project.
Beautiful... Lucrecia."

Radje
09-02-2007, 11:13 PM
He does not.
Yes, he does.

SCRIPT: (thanks to this (http://members.fortunecity.com/sephkatana/ff7stuff/ff7opq.txt))

Cloud: "At least tell us your name."

Unknown: "I was with... the Shinra Manufacturing Department in
Adminstrative Research, otherwise known as-- the Turks..."

(The PLAYER names Vincent)

"Vincent."

Cloud: "The Turks!?"

Vincent: "Formerly of the Turks."
"I have no affiliation with Shinra now."
"...And you?"

Cloud: "Former Shinra soldier, Cloud."

Vincent: "You were also with Shinra...? Then do you know Lucrecia?"

Cloud: "Who?"

Vincent: "......Lucrecia."

(Cloud shakes his head.)

Vincent: "The woman who gave birth to Sephiroth."

Cloud: "...gave birth...?"
"Wasn't Jenova Sephiroth's mother?"

Vincent: "That isn't completely wrong, but just a theory."
"That lady was Lucrecia."
"She was an assistant to Professor Gast of the Jenova Project.
Beautiful... Lucrecia."

Ooooh, Zing!

tidus_rox
09-03-2007, 02:27 AM
So, to sum up, Geostigma is like a fever - a sign, that the organism is trying to fight off the disease which, in this case, are the Jenova cells...

Yeah, that's what I got from it...

Mercen-X
09-04-2007, 04:42 PM
He does not.
Yes, he does.

SCRIPT

Nope, you're still wrong . . . lol.:)

Seal Evil
09-04-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm assuming that means "sorry for thinking you were wrong & thank you for providing proof that you were right". :D

Darth Tjador
09-07-2007, 03:16 AM
im sure geostigma was a just a catch 2 the movie 2 get peoples attention.

Ishin Ookami
09-07-2007, 11:06 AM

Lets be honest, there were plot holes in FFVII big enough to fly the highwind through.

As for AC... the story wasn't so much written and thought out, as it was just thrown in there as an excuse for FFVII fan service.

Big D
09-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Lets be honest, there were plot holes in FFVII big enough to fly the highwind through. That's often been said, but the "holes" that are most often cited are easily explained either by in-game dialogue, extrinsic materials, or simple conjecture...

Darth Tjador
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
but wat if the holes were hard to understand and find out????:confused:

tidus_rox
09-09-2007, 08:40 PM
but wat if the holes were hard to understand and find out????:confused:

SE wouldn't even put holes in there in the first place, no matter how hard they were to figure out.

Darth Tjador
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
are u sure?lol

LynetteCloudburst
01-03-2008, 06:14 AM

True! its Lucrecia.:)

Mercen-X
01-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm assuming that means "sorry for thinking you were wrong & thank you for providing proof that you were right". :D
No. It just means I like to say "you're wrong." lol :p

Lets be honest, there were plot holes in FFVII big enough to fly the highwind through.

As for AC... the story wasn't so much written and thought out, as it was just thrown in there as an excuse for FFVII fan service.

Agreed.

Syn. The three brothers Kabaj, Lozer, and Yahoo were the mimetic legacy of Selferode who was, in turn, the genetic legacy of the Jenoone creature. He may have been Lucrecia's son but he was a half-mortal as well and chose to acknowledge the greater power within his DNA.

Syn. Geostigma existed before Advent Children in the game. It simply had a different effect and name (if any, I can't think). The Jenova cells that were placed in potential clones by Professor Hojo showed their effects as soon as you left Aerith's house and visited that guy in the Slums with the # on his head. Geostigma began as Jenova cells trying to infect and corrupt the body in order to draw vessels of Lifestream energy to a singular focal point (Hojo believed to be the Promised Land), where they would then be combined to reassembled the decimated Jenova. Over the course of the game, we encounter four different Jenova's all representing only a small part of it. Synthesis was probably the closest it came to being complete though I imagine Perfect Jenova would have been much bigger.
I would daresay Bizarro Sephiroth isn't even Sephiroth at all. It's just another form which Jenova took though it began as a clone of Sephiroth containing his mentality. Despite having Jenova's cells, I doubt he'd be able to transform as monumentally as the game would have us believe early on. Even having corrupted himself entirely with Jenova cells, Hojo could only manage a transformation into a Jenova duplicate that amounted to a finger. However, I fully believe Sephiroth's final Savior form.
That was a meaningless rant. Tangent. Anyway, Geostigma has started to hurt people because the Lifestream has become aware of Jenova's threat. Just like how the Planet created the WEAPONs to protect it, it's own inner defense system begins to affect the living creatures who are affected by Jenova.