PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever tried this...

Dynast-Kid
10-20-2006, 09:41 PM
I once heard that if you turn on the Wizard of Oz,turn down the volume,and play the Pink Floyd album,Dark Side of the Moon after the MGM lion roars 3 times,the music will flow perfectly with the movie.In fact,it'll almost tell the story somewhat.

Have you ever tried it?And does it actually work?

P.S.If this is in the wrong forum,would one of you lovely CKs move it for me?<333)

Marshall Banana
10-21-2006, 12:47 AM
My music teacher did that once for my class. It did work, but there wasn't enough time to watch even half of the movie in class, and it didn't seem very amazing. =P

Roto13
10-21-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm more interested in the dead munchkin hanging in the background of one of these forest scenes.

(Urban legend)

Fuego
10-21-2006, 01:08 AM
It does work, but it really helps to be F????d up on hallucinogens to get the "Full Effect" :lol:

farplaner
10-21-2006, 02:01 AM
I've always wanted to try that, but I don't have the chestnuts to be that idiot in line at Best Buy holding a DVD of The Wizard of Oz and a copy of Dark Side of the Moon. :tongue:

Fuego
10-21-2006, 02:05 AM
you could net flix wizard of oz and just buy the dark side of the moon ...

yunacy
10-21-2006, 02:12 AM
i haven't tried it but if you play a hillary duff song bacwords you can hear the devil:p

farplaner
10-21-2006, 02:25 AM

Fine! Ruin my moment...:mad2: :tongue:

i haven't tried it but if you play a hillary duff song bacwords you can hear the devil

I absolutely believe that! :D ...hell, it probably works if you play the album at all.

yunacy
10-21-2006, 02:48 AM
I absolutely believe that! :D ...hell, it probably works if you play the album at all

oh i hate hillary duff she's almost as awful as fergie

Jessweeee♪
10-21-2006, 02:51 AM
I'm more interested in the dead munchkin hanging in the background of one of these forest scenes.

(Urban legend)

It's a bird :P
He lifts his wing, turns, then flaps it again.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-21-2006, 03:46 AM
There are actually Youtube recordings of it. Now you don't have to bother setting it all up. (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dark+side+of+the+rainbow)

Fuego
10-21-2006, 03:53 AM

Fine! Ruin my moment...:mad2: :tongue:
LOL sorry :nibbles:

i haven't tried it but if you play a hillary duff song bacwords you can hear the devilI absolutely believe that! :D ...hell, it probably works if you play the album at all. I thought playing hilary duff opens the portal to hell in your toilet ... and playing it backwards is an excellent recipe for huma'n Souffl'ee :evilking:

I absolutely believe that! :D ...hell, it probably works if you play the album at all

oh i hate hillary duff she's almost as awful as fergieFergie i could swear if you play her album backwards initiates you into the kids club of hell >.<

Malboro_Menace
10-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Another funny thing in The Wiz of Oz is that the tin man is the one who pulls the ropes off the balloon at the end.

farplaner
10-23-2006, 03:05 AM
There are actually Youtube recordings of it. Now you don't have to bother setting it all up. (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dark+side+of+the+rainbow)

well, looks like I'm fresh out of excuses. ....Wait! My connection is slow, it would take me forever to download it all!!

*glides gently back down into comfy mode...I probably will download it, though.

I like the pics on an E! show (or was it VH1?) that shows Fergie performing having thoroughly wet her stylish pants.

Slade
10-23-2006, 06:51 AM
I have both 'Darkside of the Moon' and 'The Wizard of Oz' but haven't got around to trying it out yet. One day I might.

Shlup
10-23-2006, 08:28 AM
It's not impressive. It would probably be more interesting to watch it to a Star Wars OST.

Endless
10-23-2006, 12:45 PM
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdarkside.html

That said, it's still amusing to do and watch, and Dark Side of the Moon is a classic anyway.