PDA

View Full Version : Is an NPC a pet ?

Fuego
10-21-2006, 04:05 AM
Ok, i know that you're only allowed to have one pet ....

(IE. -bad example- say Bst/Smn or Smn/Bst ... you can only either charm a pet or call an avatar ... not both. -But it would be pretty sweet to have 2 pets kickin' ass for you :evilking:)

But say i am a Rdm/Smn and summon an avatar, can i still call my NPC friend ?

I haven't tried it and just wonderin' if anyone here has ...

dodhungry
10-21-2006, 04:08 AM
hmm I dont know...its hard to play around with the NPC with that 20 hour recast time :mad2:

Fuego
10-21-2006, 04:18 AM
I know ... i wanna try it, but i don't wanna waste a charge on my signal pearl ... :tongue:

Yeargdribble
10-21-2006, 05:22 AM
You can have both your NPC and a pet.

Fuego
10-21-2006, 06:01 AM
WOOT !!! Thanks Yeargdribble :D :D :D

You rock ! :bigbiggri

Miriel
10-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I soloed my SMN a few levels by having both my pet and my NPC friend out with me.

Fuego
10-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Cool ... it helps alot to have both >.<

at least thats one perk SE hasn't tried to "FIX" :lol:

Del Murder
10-22-2006, 01:07 AM
I don't think they'll 'fix' that. Unlike other pets, NPCs actually take up a slot in a party. When you are out with your NPC alone it is the same as if you had a two person party. I would get less exp when I was with my NPC on the same mobs than I did alone when I was levelling nin from 5-10, just like you would with more members in a party.

Fuego
10-22-2006, 04:12 AM
thats one thing i don't understand ... if an NPC is considered part of the party ... and the NPC starts at lvl 30 ...

How do you gain any exp if you're under lvl 30 ?

I was bein' sarcastic with the whole "Fix" thing >.<
I meant hopefully SE doesn't skrew that up and make it so you have to choose (NPC<>Pet):P

:D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :lol:

Del Murder
10-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Your NPC's level has no effect on your exp, and your level has no effect on your NPC's exp, from what I've read. That being said, I did notice that my NPC was toned down significantly when I used him at level 7. I was hoping to use him to slaughter the lower level mobs but I think that was asking too much. :) So he/she probably gets capped at your level when you use him/her at a level under 30.

Fuego
10-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Ah, that makes sense.

yea i was a lvl 10 blue and lvlin' with a lvl 8 smn ... i used my npc but he didn't have protect II or shell or anything lvl 30 ...

Then i took him to castle otraja <sp i'm sure> and he started bustin' out with stone skin and protect/shell and whatnot ...

you rock del murder :D thx for the info!