PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter 4: Dream Roster

RiseToFall
10-21-2006, 08:11 AM
So unfortunately I don't have a link for you guys to check out images of this majorly delayed game. I wish I did, but Capcom hates all of us and won't ever deliver it when we want. Six years and counting is sure as hell a long wait(and you guys thought FF XII took a long time) but hopefully soon something will emerge.Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Well hopefully there are some people here on EoFF who still like 2d fighters and will answer this thead.

If you could pick out the roster for SF4, who would you put in it? Name as many or few as you want. Or if you prefer for a totally new roster altogether please explain why.

So here's mine-Mix of old and new.

-Ryu
-Ken
-Gouki (Akuma)
-Sagat
-Bison (revived)
-Chun Li
-Zangief
-Adon
-Sakura
-Vega
-Dan
-R.Mika
-Cammy
-Dudley
-Necro
-Alex
-Yun
-Yang
-Hugo
-Urien
-Makoto
-Ibuki
Now I know there's no chance in hell Capcom will include that many characters in a non VS. game, but here's hoping.

Markus. D
10-21-2006, 08:48 AM
as long as I can PWN with Chun Li. and Hibuki its just fine. oh and Balrog.

RiseToFall
10-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Hibuki

Who? I'm guessing your reffering to Ibuki.

Markus. D
10-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Hibuki

Who? I'm guessing your reffering to Ibuki.

x_x yeah.

Roogle
10-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I would like to see the return of Gen, M. Bison, and Rose from the Street Fighter Alpha series.

http://www.eyesonff.com/roo/roseanidress.gif

Capcom handles the storyline very poorly and it is highly unlikely that anyone will ever see those characters in a new game, though.

The Devil Man
10-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Only Ryu and Ken should still be in a brand new Street Fighter game as they have both been in every Street Fighter game to date.

Its pointless to have the same old characters in new costumes or with a couple of new moves. If fans really wanted that they may as well stick with the old Street Fighter games and carry on playing with their favourite characters there.

Yeah, only Ryu and Ken as they carry on the 'Legacy' of Street Fighter.

Erdrick Holmes
10-21-2006, 01:31 PM
The whole SF2 cast
Yun
Yang
Ibuki
Sakura
Mel (Ken's son)
Maki
Guy
Cody
Haggar
Carlos
That little Girl Chun-Li adopted
Necro
Gen
Karin
Hugo
Dean

Polnareff
10-21-2006, 01:57 PM
My dream roster would be all the SF3, SFA, and SF2 characters, along with some other characters:

Haggar
Ingrid
Rook (CFAS)
D.D. (CFAS)
Poison
Joe (SF1)
Black (FF3)
Dean (FF3)
Callman (FF3)
Mel
Go Hibiki (Dan's father)
*A judo fighter
*A lucha libre fighter

Yeah, the only way a Capcom fighter with that many fighters would happen is if they made it in 3D and took about 7 years to make it (making it in 2D would be too time-consuming/take too much money). But since CFAS was cancelled due to bad feedback and Capcom barely made any money from 2D fighters anymore after SFA3 came out, it's highly unlikely for them to even release another fighter now, unless it's a rehash.

Markus. D
10-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Ibuki really pwned in Pocket Fighter.

edit: apart from her I would like to see Rose make a return and also E. Honda.

Erdrick Holmes
10-21-2006, 04:24 PM
*A lucha libre fighter

Oh come ON! The last thing SF needs now is MORE stereotypes.

Necronopticous
10-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi, can we please do away with Remy? Street Fighter doesn't need a silver-haired bishounen, especially not one to replace Guile for Christ's sake.

We can keep Alex and Hugo, but let's throw Zangief back in the mix.

While we're at it, let's size down Chun-Li's thighs back to where they were in Capcom vs. SNK 2.

Rose is too ugly. I don't want her contaminating the cast.

Aside from that, I'm open to some new characters. No need to subtract from the existing cast again, though.

Fire_Emblem776
10-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Only Ryu and Ken should still be in a brand new Street Fighter game as they have both been in every Street Fighter game to date.

Its pointless to have the same old characters in new costumes or with a couple of new moves. If fans really wanted that they may as well stick with the old Street Fighter games and carry on playing with their favourite characters there.

Yeah, only Ryu and Ken as they carry on the 'Legacy' of Street Fighter.

Dont forget Chun-Li:mad2:

Shes my favorite ^_^

The Devil Man
10-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Chun-Li wasn't in Street Fighter 3: The New Generation or Street Fighter 3 : Second Impact. She only came in the 3rd Installment :tongue:

But yeah, I guess she should be there too. She is very popular. Much better then most of the other female characters in the series.

I still think everyone else should be brand new characters. There is just no point in having the same characters at all. If you have fresh faces it would bring more players into the series.

And I CAN see Capcom making a new Street Fighter game. Look at how popular Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting has been on XBox Live. They will surely consider it and the Street Fighter games are still played widely at tournaments across the world (specifically, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Figher 3: Third Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2). There is still a demand for it.

The only thing against it would be that the main dude behind the Street Fighter games has long since left Capcom and founded his own studio, Game Republic, the development team behind the awesome Genji on PS2.

Erdrick Holmes
10-21-2006, 08:21 PM
While we're at it, let's size down Chun-Li's thighs back to where they were in Capcom vs. SNK 2.

I dunno, dude.My wife's legs were nice looking back in SF3: Third Strike.

RiseToFall
10-21-2006, 08:21 PM
We can keep Alex and Hugo, but let's throw Zangief back in the mix.
I would love to play someone elses Hugo or Alex with my Zangief.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/RiseToFall47/zangief-mad.gif
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/RiseToFall47/alex-ts-stance.gif
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/RiseToFall47/hugo-ts-stance.gif

What's wrong, Chun Li's turkey thighs not doing it for you? But I am going have to agree with you there.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/RiseToFall47/chunny-ts-stance.gif<---look at those things.

Lionx
10-22-2006, 01:04 AM
To be very honest, i dont believe Capcom gives a crap about SF anymore. For CvS2 they removed the RC glitch and changed a few things for top and low tiers, and also P Groove change(which to me is crap). But yet they dont change their arcades...which makes the GC and Xbox one invalid for anything outside casual play.

As for new games...its Capcom Fighting Evolution and that game is a huge joke...and no the SF Anthrology isnt a new game per say...its a rehash..same for SF: Aniversary(which for HF is not arcade perfect....) as much as i love re-releases. SF III3S is also too tier oriented or Chun Li's c.mk xx half life gone super(who the hell was thinking this..? seriously), or Yun's Custom combo...and lets not mention Aegis Reflector on Urien or Ken's kick super....and how much bar you get by whiffing moves.

Assuming they make a new game though, i hope they make more original characters, and have a more consistant storyline as well as a more well thought out character list/movelist...because unlike Guilty Gear or Soul Calibur...they arent making much or well needed changes for their games like they should...which leads me to further think..Capcom doesnt give much about Street Fighter anymore as fighting games have died down compared to FPS and RTS and the like which has easier learning curves.

JKTrix
10-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Street Fighter 4 *is* coming. Capcom is not going to drop it, there is still a sizeable market for 2D fighting games--in Japanese arcades.

Capcom is taking so long because of all this competition. If they put out a 'real' new game that wasn't nearly as good as SF3, or even KOF or Guilty Gear, that would definitely kill the future of Street Fighter.

Rumour has it that Street Fighter 4 will be making an appearance in 2007.

As for the characters: Keep everyone, add more, make some more interesting additions to the game system. There we have the winner.

Polnareff
10-22-2006, 12:57 PM
*A lucha libre fighter

Oh come ON! The last thing SF needs now is MORE stereotypes.

How is that a stereotype? And besides, the only 2D fighter I know of with one is KoF (with Ramon).

There is just no point in having the same characters at all. If you have fresh faces it would bring more players into the series.

Tell that to SF3. :p Capcom alienated a lot of players by making Ryu and Ken the only returning characters (hell, they were originally not gonna put them in). People endlessly complained about the new characters. I'd say that if Capcom would make another SF (unlikely, unless it's a rehash) then they should put old and new characters in.

And I CAN see Capcom making a new Street Fighter game. Look at how popular Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting has been on XBox Live. They will surely consider it and the Street Fighter games are still played widely at tournaments across the world (specifically, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Figher 3: Third Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2). There is still a demand for it.

Too bad that most of their SF development team is gone. And I would say Clover Studios could make it, but they're basically gone now too.

Yes, their games are played widely, but not necessarily on console, which is what Capcom has to focus on now since their arcade division shut down three years ago. On the whole, console sales for their fighters since SFA2 haven't been very high anyway. It would be like suicide if they made a brand-new SF game now and took all that time to make it even though it's part of a niche series.

Look at SF3 for instance. Capcom took a couple years to make it, and hell, even put the game on its newest hardware and made the gameplay a lot deeper, but it took two more iterations for it to get any sort of popularity. Ouch.

So why should they really waste time making a new game that they know isn't gonna sell when they can repackage all the old ones, add new features, and make more money off those instead?

The only thing against it would be that the main dude behind the Street Fighter games has long since left Capcom and founded his own studio, Game Republic, the development team behind the awesome Genji on PS2.

The other producer of SF (Funamizu) left and formed his own company as well called Craft & Meister. They made Super Dragon Ball Z late last year. Oddly enough, the game plays a lot like SF but with added controls.

As for new games...its Capcom Fighting Evolution and that game is a huge joke...and no the SF Anthrology isnt a new game per say...its a rehash.

We only got Capcom Fighting Evolution because people crapped on Capcom Fighting All-Stars before it was even released, and then when they released videos of it there were people that claimed the game "sucked" because it was in 3D. Responses to a game that HADN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED were mostly negative. Over time, Capcom got so much of all that complaining that they decided to stop developing the game so they didn't waste any more funds.

So Capcom said "screw it, we'll make a 2D fighter instead" and scrapped CFAS in favor of CFE, and the rest is history. Too bad a few hundred thousand rotten apples had to spoil the bunch. I bet CFAS would have been a great game. But now we'll never know.

SFA Anthology to me isn't a rehash. It's more of a collection. A rehash to me is one game that's been repackaged repeatedly and with very little changes (such as SFA3 Max for example). Capcom actually put a lot of work into SFA Anthology (with the different game versions, new moves for HSFA, and the Sound Test) so calling it a rehash is kind of an insult IMO.

Lionx
10-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Tell that to SF3. Capcom alienated a lot of players by making Ryu and Ken the only returning characters (hell, they were originally not gonna put them in). People endlessly complained about the new characters. I'd say that if Capcom would make another SF (unlikely, unless it's a rehash) then they should put old and new characters in.

Well i dunno about here, but i do know that Garou Mark of the Wolves was pretty popular with some people although very poorly advertised here. It was very similar to SF:3S imo and only had Terry as a returning character. I guess to me, it was alot better because the story fit in better making Rock a much more attractive character(not just in similar moves, because there is enough difference to give him uniqueness). SF really needs a more consistant storyline.

They will surely consider it and the Street Fighter games are still played widely at tournaments across the world (specifically, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Figher 3: Third Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2). There is still a demand for it.

To me, its old games that people still play because theres none better out there. Marvel is really old, and as much as i love CvS2 and 3S, its a bit old too. Its just if you play fighters, this is most widely played overall everywhere, doesnt mean they dont need new games its just there hasnt been any better.

Theres no excuse for CFE to me, they should still have thought it a bit out. Its sorta like SvC Chaos to me, it could have been great, but it doesnt excuse its lameness now. As for SFA, its still rooting from older games, its not really a new installment, so to me its really more of the same with some extra fireworks. Same with SFAniversary, its a great game but its still not a new installment, as much as i love their new Hyper Fighting(even if its not arcade perfect i heard).

Dreddz
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Dudley please.