PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problems

I Took the Red Pill
10-21-2006, 06:23 PM
So last night out of nowhere my mouse decides to stop functioning. At all. At first I thought it may have been a physical problem with the mouse, so I plugged a different mouse in and nope, didn't work either. I keyboard navigated myself to the control panel (with the original mouse back in) and went to Control Panel-Printers and Other Hardware-Mouse-Hardware (tab) and discovered that the computer is not even recognizing the mouse is plugged in. I really dispise keyboard navigating everything, so I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could shed some light on the situation.

Necronopticous
10-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Are you using the PS2 port for your mice, or a USB port?

If you used two mice and they both failed to work, it could be a problem with the port. If it's a PS2 port you're using, which is what I am assuming, try using a USB mouse.

I Took the Red Pill
10-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Ahh I found a solution. I went into the setup from the BIOS and arrowed over to the PS/2 mouse option and changed it from "Auto-Detect" to "Enabled". It works fine now. Thanks for the suggestion though, if I ever have another critical mouse problem I'll pick up a USB one.