PDA

View Full Version : DS Lite questions... which FFs to get.

ValiantKnight
10-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Not really sure which forum this would go in.

A little while ago I bought FF Dawn of Souls(FF1 and 2) to play on my friend's DS.

Now I may be getting myself a DS, and besides the obvious pickup of FFIII when it comes out(or is it out?), I wondered what other buys might be good.

I have currently:
FFDawn of Souls

PS1
FF Origins
FF Chronicles
FF Anthologies(or is it anthology /cant remember)
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
FFTactics

PS2
FFX
Dragon Quest 8

Played I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, Tactics, DQ8
Beat all but VI(save file got erased after phoenix cave)

Know there are some remakes of older FFs on GBA/DS or they are coming soon, and wondered opinions on them.. I will probably grab IV and III, but wondered about any others.

LoKuS
10-21-2006, 08:52 PM
FF IV and FF V advance.

NINJA_Ryu
10-21-2006, 09:33 PM
FF IV,V and VI along with III are musts.....but I and II are ugh, easy mode? bah

handheld FF ftw, EXCELLENT for anytime!!!!

DJZen
10-21-2006, 09:42 PM
It depends which aspects of gameplay you like most, since all FF games have their own differences in play style. Do you love the job system? How do you feel about grinding? Do you prefer traditional or new style? What's your favorite advancement system?

Roto13
10-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Well, you don't have III, so get that. Since you never finished VI (and the PS1 version has load times like Satan), you might as well get that.

Zeromus_X
10-21-2006, 11:27 PM
FFIII, IV, V, and when it comes out VI. If you can handle SRPGs, get Tactics Advance.

Paul
10-22-2006, 11:17 AM
FFI and II dawn of souls aren't really worth getting if you already have FF Origins... although the soul of rebirth sidequest is quite good, and also very hard!!

but yeah FFIV advance is good, i'm sure FFV and VI advance will be great too but they aren't out yet. better than the PS versions anyway (much more fluid and less load times).

ValiantKnight
10-22-2006, 02:52 PM
I love FF1 for its simplcity, and do own FFDoS.

FFIV was a very good challenge compared to most FFs, had me getting killed alot most of the time... or almost dying... I'd level for an hour or so then go fight the boss and barely scrape through.

I enjoyed Tactics quite a bit since I'm kinda math minded/completionist minded... but it takes SO LONG to play is the only downside. 100hrs in other games = full completeion. 100hrs in tactics = drop in the bucket.

I haven't played II, III, or V yet.
VI was fun, but had horrendous load times.
IV was a challenge.. but also had load times.
Tactics was lots of fun.. bad that random battles could kill me so easily but fun in that it had a nice story and gameplay.

I'll probably grab IV and VI then.. maybe V.

May wait on Tactics Advance.

NINJA_Ryu
10-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Having never played tatics, buyt have playing TA, i have this to say.

Sure, it doesnt have the best of storylines, but for me, i especially enjoyed the battlefields, classes, and moves, which had some produce some amazing effects (to me) and although it wouldnt warrant a full buy (like still in box) you should still pick it up at a secondhand or used game store.

Crossblades
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
FF IV and FF V advance.

Along with Tactics Advance and VI Advance

boys from the dwarf
10-23-2006, 03:02 PM
V advance seems great and seems as good or better than the original.

it depends how much the script was changed.

GBA versions are usually easier and i prefer to get PS1 and 2 versions but they are fun and worth it.

ValiantKnight
10-23-2006, 06:59 PM
The only ones I haven't played PS versions of are II, III, and V
III sort of because.. well... it didn't have one.

The other two because they didn't seem amazing during the first 10minutes, and I played I, IV, and VI instead... and hadn't got around to going back to play them.

(I got Origins, Chronicles and Anthology all around a similar time frame.. so was kind of a frenzy for a bit then a burnout....)