PDA

View Full Version : How do you defeat Thu'ban, Greater Sphere and others?

Human Devil
10-22-2006, 03:55 AM
How in the world do u beat Thu'ban? cuz when u attack it just counters back using condenm and the same with Greater Sphere exept it uses Ultima. Only others that i might have trouble with is Ultima Buster (which i dont have) and Nemisis (again which i dont have). I can beat every other monster in the original catagory but the 2 i just said.

Just tell me some requirments.

Tavrobel
10-22-2006, 04:04 AM
Fopr Greater Sphere, you just need High MDef for Ultima, and Protect for Hydraulic Press (which does damage equal to your HP if it hits, 1/2 if Protect is set up). Avoid all Elemental Magic.

Th'uban requires a little more effort. He attacks in a vicious cycle of attacks, so use this to your advantage.

First, it uses a normal attack, then Rainbow, which does heavy damage over an area, and causes Curse, Confusion, Sleep, and nulls the effects of Haste and Slow, and finally, it will use Convergence, which deals 99999 damage to one enemy.

For Condemn, which is a Physical attack that does damage to all three characters, raise your defense to reduce damage. It goes down quite fast.

Kill Species Creations for +Def and +HP and +MDef Spheres.
Tanket, Juggernaut, and One-Eyes, respectively.

For all Creations, average stats above 125, and at least three Celestial Weapons are recommended. Mastery of Sphere Grid abilites is almost completely required for the normal player, and for those who actually play video games with controllers.

Goldenboko
10-22-2006, 04:19 AM
I don't remember quite clearly how but I remember beating him relatively early (low stats) with The Magus Sisters.

Human Devil
10-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Thanks im gonna have to fight more species creations then.

Shin Gouken
10-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Thu'bans condemn counter attack nulls all positive status's including haste protect and auto life. Best advice i can give is to customise armour with auto-haste and auto-protect

Cookie
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Button bash. Worked for me. :D

rubah
10-23-2006, 11:58 PM
As CB! once said

It's all in the motion of the Quick-Hit ocean.

Well, not so much with Thu'ban etc, but when you get to Ultima Buster and Nemesis, it'll be gr8

Firo Volondé
10-25-2006, 11:18 AM
It never hurts to have ribbon if you can get it, most creations use status effects at one time or another.
For Ultima Buster, Nemesis, Dark Aeons etc, it's best to use Celestial Weapons and armor with Break HP Limit, Ribbon, Auto-Haste and Auto-Protect (not as important as the others)

Human Devil
11-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Well I beat everything but the ones I dont have which is Ultima Buster and Nemesis. Thanks for the advice though it did take a while.