PDA

View Full Version : Using action abilities

Xander
10-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey, I just wanted to check I didn't miss something, but are all of the action abilities that you equip on Sora just automatic, except for the ones that say press Square during a combo. So all the others like Slapshot (that's the latest one I forget the rest) and the ones that don't tell you how to use them...do they all just happen? Cos I just press x a lot mostly, and I don't see how all my abilities happen just by doing that??

Sometimes I get stuff come up on the reaction command but I'm not sure if it's to do with my abilities or just the particular fight. If anyone could explain the abilities a bit better it would be good. I want to make sure I can use them during battle and do some cool stuff if possible. :D Or if it's as simple as they just happen then, it seems a little easy, but okay!

Also...do you use Valor command or Summon often? I have hardly used Valor so far and now I have another form of it. And I haven't used summon at all though I only have one summon so far... it seems like I haven't needed to yet, but I could just use it for the fun of it I suppose.

Tavrobel
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Those without a Square button to activate modify your natural X attacks. For instance, if ability A says: Extend your combo by pressing Square

Then it adds onto your attack when you press the Square button.

If ability B says: Attack an enemy while swinging left to right

Then it changes one of your normal, three hit combos to do a different attack.

Triangles can be used for both Auto-Abilities, and normal Reactions Commands. The best thing to do is to disable all Auto-Abilities (Auto-Valor, Auto-Limit, whatever), so that way, you ONLY get Reactions in a fight and don't waste that valuable MP. There's a second command screen if you press left or right on the D-Pad, which brings up a second command menu, which will allow for Manual Limit initiations, as well as Manually Summoning.

Personally, I ONLY used Valor during my game play, and I never touched Summons.

Markus. D
10-22-2006, 06:52 PM
actually reaction commands happen everywhere, when you want to speak, and etc.

I never used the auto abilities to limit the times I would use like say for example, a summon when the chance arose.