PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa and her ribbon.

10-Breaker
10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone tought about that ribbon Rinoas having?
Like Aeris had same kind of Ribbon on her neck.

Could this mean somekind of connection?

Noctivagus
10-22-2006, 03:08 PM
To be honest I doubt it, usually they do referals to the past games... might be just one of those.

10-Breaker
10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
I think so too, but they both are somwhat holy persons you kno?

BardTard
10-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Rinoa is the annoying version of Aeris who wore blue and didn't die.

rubah
10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Aeris's is just a necklace. Rinoa's is possibly related to her struggle to free Timber from the hostile rule of Galbadia. Besides. It's on her arm.

More accurate would be to discuss why Tifa also wears one on her arm in Advent Children. She also favors Rinoa quite a bit in said film.

Rocket Edge
10-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Rinoa is the annoying version of Aeris who wore blue and didn't die.
Have to disagree, Rinoa was great character IMO.

BTW i see no connection..

Twilight Edge
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Rinoa is the dark-haired annoying version of Aeris who wore blue-black instead of brown-pink and didn't get stabbed by an uber long sword from the back of her stomach.

Guess this one should be more precise.:D

Christmas
10-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Does that mean we can revive Aeris? :bigsmile:

Twilight Edge
10-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Does that mean we can revive Aeris? :bigsmile:

So are you trying to bring up the R=A theory? Where's FE when you need him?

rubah
10-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, Christmas, if you pray to Santa at the north pole (just north of the crater) and are a good little hoodwink, he will revive Aeris for you!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I think so too, but they both are somwhat holy persons you kno?There's nothing holy about Rinoa.

Takara
10-22-2006, 08:15 PM
There's nothing holy about Rinoa.

Quoted for the truth. Thank you, Kishi.

Mirage
10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
There's nothing holy about Rinoa.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Of course there is a connection between them:

1) They are both annoying

2)They both need to be safed from everything and everyone

3) They both mess with other people problems

4) They both suck at battle

5) The main character of FFVII and FFVIII starts loving them all of the sudden

6) They both have a female rival, in Aeris case is Tifa who completely beats her and stays with Cloud and on Rinoa side we have Quistis who fails miserably to win Squall

7) They both have bad ass ex-boyfriends (Zack and Seifer)

8) They both make me annoyed to have to use them in battle

9) I killed them both on purpose because i had nothing better to do

So there that proves that there is indeed a connection.

Goldenboko
10-22-2006, 09:27 PM
More accurate would be to discuss why Tifa also wears one on her arm in Advent Children. She also favors Rinoa quite a bit in said film.

I always assumed that the ribbon was like one of those bracelets you buy to support funds to find a cure for AIDS.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure her black ribbon is in tribute to all the people who've died trying to free Timber.

As to all the Rinoa-haters: I respect your opinion, although the more I've played the game, the more I've changed my mind about her. I think most of Rinoa's annoying tendencies stem from how her dialogue is written, which sucks (as does most of the FF8 dialogue - don't get me wrng, I love the game, but they had a weak writer for this one) rather than her character.

Look at her character alone for a minute.

* First, her mother, who she obviously looked up to (she wears her ring around her neck in addition to Squall's, no?) is killed when she is a 5, leaving her with a father who probabaly spent more time in his political careear than with his kid.

* As a teenager, she disowns her father for his involvement in what she percieves as an evil regime and abandons her life of comfort, wealth, and priviledge to join a terroist resistance cell. By 17, she's iving with a ragtag group of freedom fighters in an abdandoned train and engaged in a nearly hopeless battle to free a small nation from tyrannical dominion. Although we never see them engage in battle, from her ribbon we can see people are dying, and that without the help of SeeD, they're becoming desparate.

* In desparation, she goes back to her questionable ex-boyfriend and begs a meeting with Cid. Just as her group is losing hope, Cid sends Squall and Co. Squall's their savoir - any wonder she's attracted to him.

* Then, she has the gall (if not the foresight) to stand up against a sorceress on her own. Although not as good of a physical fighter, she's bound and determined to complete her mission, risking herself as opposed to her friends. Admit it: the girl's got guts.

I'd love to re-write this game. I'd make it good. :) It has so much potential. . .

rubah
10-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Rinoa is angelic~

atlanteay
10-22-2006, 10:32 PM
rinoa is a sorceress and well, her angel wing limit break sort of proves she's a somewhat holy person

besides, she's not that annoying. You know if you looked at their motions instead of dialogues, then she seems fine. So i agree with ShivaBlizzard8 on the poorly written dialogues.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Surrounding yourself with angel feathers doesn't make you a holy person. It just means your character designer enjoys pandering to the sensibilities of teenage girls.

TheSpoonyBard
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
More accurate would be to discuss why Tifa also wears one on her arm in Advent Children.
All members of the main party in FFVII have a ribbon on their person. It's a sign of rememberance, both of Aerith and the power they all had when they fought together.

*~Angel Wing~*
10-23-2006, 01:39 PM

I always assumed that the ribbon was like one of those bracelets you buy to support funds to find a cure for AIDS.
Yeah me too. :riiight:

I'm pretty sure her black ribbon is in tribute to all the people who've died trying to free Timber.
I agree with that. Or it could be for the same reason why Tifa wears hers for Aeris; maybe Rinoa is wearing her ribbon in memory of Julia.

Heero Yuy NWZC
10-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Maybe the creators just like girls with ribbons.

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I agree with Shiva.

10-Breaker
10-23-2006, 10:11 PM
You made me think even more...
Maybe a ribbon is the signature of an costume desinger of Squaresoft?

Dagga
10-23-2006, 10:16 PM
I think Rinoa's irritating, sorta delays the game. Tifa and Cloud have ribbons on their arms in Advent Children... Aeris' one is cute.

~SapphireStar~
10-23-2006, 10:26 PM
To be honest I doubt it, usually they do referals to the past games... might be just one of those.

Laugh at face of Danger
10-23-2006, 10:34 PM
They liked ribbons at the time, need mroe be said? In all honesty, I doubt there is some kind of deep and spiritual meaning behind it, but sweet thinking.

10-Breaker
10-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks LafoD. ^^

Heero Yuy NWZC
10-24-2006, 05:06 PM
They liked ribbons at the time, need mroe be said? In all honesty, I doubt there is some kind of deep and spiritual meaning behind it, but sweet thinking. Couldn't agree more.

Acid Raine
10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
You made me think even more...
Maybe a ribbon is the signature of an costume desinger of Squaresoft?

Nah, thats belts. Lots.......and lots.......of belts. For Nomura, anyway.

rubah
10-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Nomura is interested in a lot of things
http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=81&more=1