PDA

View Full Version : Star Wreck

Sefie1999AD
10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Has any of you guys seen the movie Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning? It's a Finnish home-made Star Trek and Babylon V parody film made by several people, and for such an amateur level crew, the movie is amazingly good and has its funny parts, and the animation looks great, considering it's made with home computers. The story is about Captain Pirk and his henchmen being stranded on the earth of this era, and they plan to rebuild their P-Fleet. They first get allied with the Russians, then they take over Russia and slowly the world (there's a funny propaganda parody scene there :p), and eventually they head to another dimension where they get into a major battle with Captain Sherrypie and his forces.

Since the people are former or current students in the university where I'm studying, there's also some tributes to that university, such as some places in the university being used for shooting some of the battle scenes (it's hard to take those places in the university seriously after you've seen them used as a battlefield :D), and there's also some students wearing purple and black student overalls in the movie. I'm in the training program that has those purple overalls, although I don't think I recognized the student with the purple overalls in the movie.

A few days before the previous First-of-May, the Star Wreck's crew was promoting their merchandise, hinting about their potential next project and wishing everyone a nice First-of-May in the center of Tampere. I happened to be nearby, so I went to see the event. It was quite funny when the actors were playing their roles there. :D

If you haven't seen the movie, you can either import it or download it from the movie makers' website. That means it's basically free, although fans that want to support the movie can buy the DVD and that way also get some extras. Anyway, this thread is for discussing the movie Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning.

starseeker
10-22-2006, 02:11 PM
What is the movie makers' website?

Sefie1999AD
10-22-2006, 02:18 PM
After a Google search, I found this site (www.starwreck.com). If you're going to get it, be sure to get the English subtitles as well.

10-Breaker
10-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I watched it with my friends. It is better than the movie they made.