PDA

View Full Version : The little things

DK
10-22-2006, 06:48 PM
You know, the simple pleasures in life. What are your favourite things that might not seem much to other people but you love?
I hate getting up early for college. It makes me a sad panda. http://fools-gold.org/forum/images/smilies/sadpanda.gif

But then nights when I don't have college the next day, and I walk to turn on my alarm clock and remember I don't need to, always makes me happy a little bit.

Aaand go.

Christmas
10-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Tormenting NANNY MANUS. :bigsmile:

It makes me a sad panda. http://fools-gold.org/forum/images/smilies/sadpanda.gif

Xander will like this!! :jess:

Breine
10-22-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't know why, but I really love just sitting and listen to the radio when we're out driving.

LunarWeaver
10-22-2006, 07:00 PM
When I find stuff in my pockets I didn't know or forgot was there :jess: Makes me feel like a mini-lottery winner.

Reine
10-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Taking socks off after a long walk outside in summer. Such a releiving feeling

SammieBabe
10-22-2006, 07:06 PM
When my older son learns a new word or when the baby smiles at me...

escobert
10-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Taking some good ol bong rips!

Sephex
10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Having a nice, long gaming session by myself.

black orb
10-22-2006, 07:28 PM
>>> Gaze at the sky, clouds and crepuscular rays..

XxSephirothxX
10-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Making people laugh. Sleeping without having to stress about assignments or work or anything for the coming day. Enjoying a sunny afternoon.

Kizule
10-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Apples. Obviously.

But seriously:

DANDILIONS! I love those little guys!

GeneralSapphire
10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Being with Lady of the Sheep makes me happy!!!!!!!BEst friends forever!!!!!!!
Little things like texts or PMs make me happy too they make me feel liked!!!!
:)

Tavrobel
10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
When you set out to find something trivial and temporary.

And then, when you wind up with something that actually matters.

BarelySeeAtAll
10-22-2006, 07:34 PM
i love gettin pms too (WE ARE HINTIN PEOPLE!!) and i love bein with (MY CUZZY) GenewawThapphiwe (GeneralSapphire)

Pete for President
10-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Making people laugh. Sleeping without having to stress about assignments or work or anything for the coming day.
Same here.

Jowy
10-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Those rare times that I do get to see my siblings and they tell me they love me.

Faris
10-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Just knowing that there is someone listening or willing to listen to me.

Something less cheesy: Laying on my bed for an hour after waking up. School takes away that opportunity. =(

Leeza
10-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Having time to read a good book. :cat:

Morning coffee. :)

theundeadhero
10-22-2006, 07:54 PM
The special smile a girlfriend gives you when noone else is looking :)

I miss my nightly cups of coffee I would drink in Iraq, Leeza :(

Decessus
10-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Drinking the wierd water they put the combs in.

Skarr
10-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah whenever I make someone laughm it always makes me feel good. And I agree, a good nights sleep without any stress of work or assignments is lovely too.

Also, watching Monday night Raw always cheers me up. No matter how I feel, I always enjoy the show.

Also a good cup of tea.

Spiffing Cheese
10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Lunchtime at school in the summer, with my friends.

Also, going to bed on a Friday knowing that there's no school the next day.

Finally, when people are the ones to IM me instead of the other way round. It makes me feel loved. :love: xDDD

Alive-Cat
10-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Being funny and entertaining is probably my biggest agenda while being around friends, and I either suceed and make them laugh or fail so terribly it's funny anyway. So I'm happy that I have the ability to entertain people.
Skateboarding makes me happy.
Playing guitar, and singing also make me happy.
Fluffy Puff makes me happy.

Reine
10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
When people appreciate the stories ive written and give real feedback ("wow thats awesum dude" just doesnt cut it :/)

Joking around on #eoff always cheers me up (provided the cool people are there, its no fun with a bunch of nubs :()

Reading the hilarious joke posts here is also just damn awesome. So much humour

Chloe.
10-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I love it when I make people laugh :bigsmile: It makes me feel great :D

Also, going to bed on a Friday knowing that there's no school the next day.

This too :love:

Finally, when people are the ones to IM me instead of the other way round. It makes me feel loved. :love: xDDD

And this :cool:

GooeyToast
10-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Laying in the dark in my bed on a cold winter night by myself, listening to music with the headphones on. Nothing can beat that.

BardTard
10-22-2006, 11:10 PM
When I don't get homework, and I rarely do. And when I bite into a hot dog and it's so juicy and good... And hugs, I like hugs from certain people better than others...

Xander
10-22-2006, 11:20 PM
It makes me a sad panda. http://fools-gold.org/forum/images/smilies/sadpanda.gif

Xander will like this!! :jess:

:D

Little things like people using my tags makes me happy, or giving me usernotes or random PMs :love: And shouts on LastFM. Well that's online, I guess that all comes under awesome people online :D

Offline, a cup of tea. A little thing like buying a nice baguette and a CD in the morning will make my working day a whole lot better. Or a little thanks for some work I do, or just being able to help someone out. (usually with email problems, hehe). And little things like being able to stay in bed on Sunday morning and maybe play kingdom hearts in bed, only day I can do that...

Chemical
10-22-2006, 11:50 PM
There's nothing like the smell of burning flesh first thing in the morning.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Being outdoors walking and there is a slight breeze, but not cold enough to make you want to go in. The smell of Spring and Fall. Ummm, looking at the stars and getting lost in them. There are many simple things like that. Also showering in th afternoon, I always liked when I had a late shower it just feels so good.

Iceglow
10-23-2006, 12:35 AM
I like the small things in life, I guess we all do. I love that smile I get from Tinkers when no one else is around and the general feeling of this day can be great when she is there.

I hate going home to mine on the sunday night when I know I have work in the morning, I end up spending most of the night on here and being very tired in the morning but on the way home I see some graffiti that makes me happy. As I cross the junction of the North circular (heading north) at Henly's Corner on the traffic lights someone has drawn :( on the red, :/ On the yellow/amber coloured light and :) on the green when I see that I think "hey it isn't that bad I get to see her again weds and work is over in no time" or atleast I try to.

I love the depressive songs that people listen to when breaking up with someone, reminds me "there is always someone in a worse position than you so enjoy what you have"

I love having cappucino's in star bucks whilst having nothing else to do but sit there and enjoy the comfy seats, dodgy lounge music (unless it's the one where an old friend from high school works then I get rock music on which rules) and great coffee.

The rest is just plain too dirty ;) for on here lol

Yamaneko
10-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Those first few moments after waking up where you notice that you made it through the night.

fire_of_avalon
10-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Yamaneko is silly.

One of my favorite things ever is to be driving home around midnight on a cold, clear winter night in the mountains. It's nice to be so alone, sometimes, and just take in the world.

BardTard
10-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Those first few moments after waking up where you notice that you made it through the night.

I don't get those. When I first wake up I immediately start thinking about what a bad day it's gonna be.

And that is the definition of a true pessimist.

Unless I'm really excited about the day for a particular reason which shouldn't be said... tee hee...

Resha
10-23-2006, 03:02 AM

Aye xD

Uhm, being out with my friends. Finishing homework. My music~ *sublime joy*

Rye
10-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Sunsets, black trees against dark blue skies in the winter, the sun on my face when I first wake up, sleeping late, teasing my boyfriend, seeing my goldfish breath (with his gills in the water, obviously) and eat his food, random usernotes and PMs, eating french fries, sitting in the bathtub and there being silence for a little while, reading~

Quindiana Jones
10-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I hate getting up early for college. It makes me a sad panda. http://fools-gold.org/forum/images/smilies/sadpanda.gif

You made this thread just so you could use that smiley didn't you, DK? :bigsmile:

~SapphireStar~
10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
When Im eating a big bar of chocolate, stick it in the fridge and then forget about it for a few days. Such a buzz when you get the munchies and its there smiling at you!

Vikeve
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
I like those zoo pal plates they make me happy even though ive never eaten from them in my life just watching the commercial makes me happy.

Snow days!!!! That makes me happy!

When people do little but happy things for you even withought asking i spilled this crap over my backpack and i was going to ask a friend to get me something to clean it up but she was already back with a towel and helped me it was a happy moment until i smelled my backpack.:barf:

I dunno when my friend gets me gifts for no reason just knowing that we think of each other even though we hardly see each other anymore makes me happy.

Seeing fall turn trees prettyful makes me happy, too.:)

So do smiley faces.:) :) :) and when people invite me to places with them without me having to ask or anything.

Dreddz
10-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Taking your first puff on a cigarette knowing its been to long...

I Am Stoner
10-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Taking some good ol bong rips!

Amen to that mate.

Also finding some pot in my room that I forgot was there.

SammieBabe
10-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Going to the beach when the weather has cooled down a little and the water is still warm, after the tourists go back home. It's so peaceful and the sunsets over the gulf are spectacular...

Mea Culpa
10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
When I wake up and it's raining, it just makes me feel like it's going to be a good day.
When the weather starts getting cooler.
When I'm out and run into friends that I haven't seen in a while.
Finishing a costume.
Starting a costume.
A good cup of coffee.
That feeling right after I've had my hair done.