PDA

View Full Version : Sad music in Rocket Town?

MJN SEIFER
10-22-2006, 09:43 PM
You know how Rocket Town has the "Wall Market" music when you first go there? Well when you return later the music has changed to what I would class as sad music (It's played when Cloud is poisend in hosptial) so, what is so depressing in Rocket town all of a sudden? I've tried talking to people but they don't give me anything to prove this!

Sephex
10-22-2006, 10:29 PM
I think they just changed it to represent some sort of passage of time. Wait, why am I bothering attempting to answer this when Kishi is going to come in here, smack everyone upside the head, and set us straight.

FiragaBreak
10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Was it playing when you went back there after in the lauch to space.

MJN SEIFER
10-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Yes.

Captain Maxx Power
10-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Well think of it this way : what's the point of being called Rocket Town if you don't have a rocket?

dŁv!l'$ ph0Łn!x
10-23-2006, 10:36 PM
yeh it's like it's lost it's whole identity, just like cloud did wen he want all doolally . . .

. . . maybe i'm readin too much into this

MJN SEIFER
10-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Well think of it this way : Spoiler: what's the point of being called Rocket Town if you don't have a rocket?

That's a good point actually!

yeh it's like it's lost it's whole identity, just like cloud did wen he want all doolally . . .

As is that, and no, Final Fantasies are suposed to be "Read into too much".

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
No, I don't think it's the Rocket. I like to visit all the towns as Tifa, and I think the music to Rocket Town switches over at that point. A lot of towns do that after Meteor is summoned, so I thought it was that. Another example of this is Junon. The new world map theme keeps playing when you enter under Junon, and Junon itself has a new theme like it sounds like it's under martial law, or you can be like, "hey, that's that song that plays when I climb up to plate to the Shinra tower!"

Evastio
10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
You know how Rocket Town has the "Wall Market" music when you first go there? Well when you return later the music has changed to what I would class as sad music (It's played when Cloud is poisend in hosptial) so, what is so depressing in Rocket town all of a sudden? I've tried talking to people but they don't give me anything to prove this!

The Rocket in Rocket Town is gone. Cid's Rocket is the life of the town. (I think)

I really like the music in Rocket Town once the Rocket is gone.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2006, 12:39 AM
I think they just changed it to represent some sort of passage of time. Wait, why am I bothering attempting to answer this when Kishi is going to come in here, smack everyone upside the head, and set up straight.No, that sounds good.
Final Fantasies are suposed to be "Read into too much".They're really not.

blackmage_nuke
10-24-2006, 08:25 AM
learning that thier rocket failed to destroy meteor has made them all ashamed of themselves.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-24-2006, 02:20 PM
It's not the rocket if you can hear it if you're playing as Tifa. It's just Meteor.

The Crystal
10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
What i know, is that the city with the most sad music, is Nibelheim.

MJN SEIFER
10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
I think they just changed it to represent some sort of passage of time. Wait, why am I bothering attempting to answer this when Kishi is going to come in here, smack everyone upside the head, and set up straight.No, that sounds good.
Final Fantasies are suposed to be "Read into too much".They're really not.

people who don't read into them have no lives nor understanding of true art.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

Moon Rabbits
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

feioncastor
10-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Do you suppose that town was called "Rocket Town" before they even had a rocket there? Like, maybe Shinra was looking for a place put a new rocket, and they just happen to stumble across a place already called "Rocket Town", so they put it there?

Anyway, initially, I didn't like the sad Rocket Town music. Mostly because I really like the Wall Market song. But, after playing the game more, the song does seem more appropriate and sets the mood much better than the Wall Market song would. The Wall Market song is far too upbeat to have that going in a world that is about to end. You know, unless you're actually in Wall Market in that world. In which case, upbeat music is totally acceptable.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
No, I like it a lot better than the Wall Market music. Wall Market is probably one of the worst songs in the soundtrack in my opinion. Off the Edge of Despair is pretty good, albeit repetitive.

Cruise Control
10-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Well think of it this way : : what's the point of being called Rocket Town if you don't have a rocket?
That's a good point actually!

As is that, and no, Final Fantasies are suposed to be "Read into too much".Just ask Viator.

MJN SEIFER
10-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Do you suppose that town was called "Rocket Town" before they even had a rocket there? Like, maybe Shinra was looking for a place put a new rocket, and they just happen to stumble across a place already called "Rocket Town", so they put it there?

The town was Built around the rocket. If you don't belive me watch the sceene where Cid cancels the launch, you'll see that there are no houses there. But after the rocket tips on it's side the scene changes to "now" and the houses are there. Plus I'm pretty sure that one of the towns people states that the town got it's name because it was built around a rocket.

It's not the rocket if you can hear it if you're playing as Tifa. It's just Meteor.

Well I've just checked my states and for me it doesn't play until the Rocket Launch However what with Sephiroth useing omnislash in mine and "Fallen Angel" being called "Heartless Angel" in mine I think I have a completly different version.

But If that's right it's kind of sad as I like the orginal rocket theory.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
oh really? ok I'm about to check right now.

my friend you are wrong. I am playing as Tifa and went to Rocket Town, and it's the "Off the Edge of Despair" song.