PDA

View Full Version : Do you think IX is the best?

Dagga
10-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I dunno But I play it all the time... just curious:confused:

Zeromus_X
10-22-2006, 10:37 PM
No, but it's still teh awesomes.

Dagga
10-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Oh your profile piccy is really cute!

Cruise Control
10-22-2006, 10:40 PM
If you had asked me a few days ago, I would have said "NOEZ!!!1! 9 IS TEH SUX!", but it's really starting to grow on me. I put it at second favorite.

Dagga
10-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh fair enough! The turks r cool! especially Reno

Cruise Control
10-22-2006, 10:42 PM
You don't have to reply to anything, that would have been better off in a PM.

Dagga
10-22-2006, 10:44 PM
right

Vivisteiner
10-22-2006, 10:59 PM
IX is the best. But not by much

Dagga
10-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh is VII your first?

Levian
10-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Dagga: This is a forum, not a chat room, so if you want to chat with someone feel free to send them a private message or something. And when we're in a thread, we talk about the topic of the thread and not other random stuff. Thanks! :)

As for the topic, I think IX is among the best, but I guess I like VII and VI better.

Ashley Schovitz
10-22-2006, 11:47 PM
IX is the best!:love:

Goldenboko
10-23-2006, 12:17 AM
In my opinion yes, but talking with a friend helped me relize that I am such a FFIX fanboy... and proud of it!

FF_Chick
10-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Me being a FF3 5 6 and 9 fangirl, I say that FF9 is one of the best out of those 4. It is deffinatly tied with FF6 for me. So it is better than most FF games.

XxSephirothxX
10-23-2006, 05:10 AM
No, but it is far and away my favorite and better than every game in the series that I've played except VI.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Yeah, it's definitely up there.

Bloodstreaks
10-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah, its an alright game, haven't completed it though, my version was rubbish, when I got to the fourth disc, and tried to enter Memoria, the game crashes, and none of my friends have it :(

Much prefer VII though :P

Mirage
10-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Do you think IX is the best?
No.

RiseToFall
10-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Without a doubt one of the best, but not quite at the top for me.

boys from the dwarf
10-23-2006, 12:02 PM
my top 3 are FF6,8 and 9.

9 is probably the best to me though. its well designed and scripted. the locations and storyline as well as characters are really well done and its just an amazing game.

Cookie
10-23-2006, 04:33 PM
VIII is the best. IX is second. Maybe. :D

Heero Yuy NWZC
10-23-2006, 05:27 PM
I think all FF games are awesome. I can't seperate them and say that one is greater than the other, it's just impossible. The only way people actually are able to do that is through preferences.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Rain only occurs as a result of weather.

Heero Yuy NWZC
10-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Rain only occurs as a result of weather.

...nice. :up:

Sefie1999AD
10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Final Fantasy IX isn't my favorite FF, but it's still very close. It's the 2nd best FF for me, actually. :) The game still has some features that I think are better done than in any other FF. For example, I think FFIX has some of the best character development I've seen in an FF, the storyline may not be the best but it's deep and thoughtful, the game has my favorite FF ending, and I think FFIX has the best music in the series.

Crossblades
10-24-2006, 02:26 PM
It's an awesome game. It's definitely up there with other greats like IV and VI

Roto13
10-24-2006, 09:52 PM
It's pretty high on my list, but not at the top. That spot belongs to my beloved VI.

~SapphireStar~
10-24-2006, 10:46 PM
It outranks 7 for me, but doesnt beat 8.

Psychotic
10-24-2006, 11:31 PM
IX is awesome, and better than most of the other games in the series, but I prefer VII.

Fate Fatale
10-24-2006, 11:43 PM
It is better than most of the other games in the series, but it had a few restrictions that I didn't like. Some of the features were screwy and many of the discs produced were glitchy. I think that a remastered version of the game would be excellent. Of course you'd have to keep all the original music and game play material. But glitches need to be fixed.

Shiny
10-25-2006, 02:00 AM
I really liked FFIX in terms of story, graphics, characters and the humor was fantastic. As far as the best in the series, I think that belongs to FFVII.

Venom
10-25-2006, 02:54 AM
IX is pretty awesome but I cant really say its the best compared to other FF's im into.

Cid Vicious
10-25-2006, 08:55 AM
No. I use to before i played some of the earlier ones, but since i've played them i've changed my mind. Some of the things that annoy me about it are the easyness of it, the lack of serious characters and the dullness of the dungeons. I also dislike the fact that most of the best Weapons & Armor are either bought or found lying on the floor, (there's no actual challenge in getting them) and that enemies don't drop any good treasure. It does have a lot of good going for it, and i like the fact that it went back to the medievil syle of the earlier FF's, but i don't think it's the best.

Rostum
10-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I absolutely love this Final Fantasy.

Saying that though, I can't really pick my favourite one. I love them all!

:love:

Roto13
10-25-2006, 02:24 PM
the lack of serious characters

You were distracted by their giant heads, weren't you? That's the only explaination I can think of.

Vivisteiner
10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
It is better than most of the other games in the series, but it had a few restrictions that I didn't like. Some of the features were screwy and many of the discs produced were glitchy. I think that a remastered version of the game would be excellent. Of course you'd have to keep all the original music and game play material. But glitches need to be fixed.

Glitches. What glitches?

Heero Yuy NWZC
10-26-2006, 05:45 PM
I absolutely love this Final Fantasy.

Saying that though, I can't really pick my favourite one. I love them all!

:love:

True that, true that.

Darth Cid
10-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Of course it is!

Bolivar
10-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah possibly. Sometimes I really feel it is. It is kinda easy though...

I have to say the graphics are really really good, and square really accomplished something - you could have a fun time playing the game w/o battles or storyline, like walking around on the rooftops to get to the play, the swordfight between zidane & blank, alot of the stuff in the beginning.

I think the card game was ALOT better than triple triad, which I barely play when I play VIII, but i'm always on tetra master.

the characters were good, but there wasn't much progression for amarant except you learn he was bested by Zidane once.

Garnet_Rikku
11-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Final Fantasy IX is my favorite Game.
Dagger is really cute and Zidane is soooo cool and kind! :D
But I think the Charakters von Final fantasy 9 stupid.
I hate Quina, Vivi, Eiko, Amarant and Steiner!!
But Dagger, Zidane, Mikoto, Blank ans Beatrix are cool ;)

Ethanol Dreams
11-17-2006, 05:58 PM
FFIX is my personal favourite, but I've yet to complete the ones a lot of people think are the best (VI and VII).

I just loved everything about it! :p

Enjolras
11-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Call me a fanboy if you like, but VII is my favourite. IX is a fun game, and a good FF, but I never liked Kuja (who seems to have a rabid fan following).

Slade
11-19-2006, 08:59 AM
FFIX is my second favourite title. It follows closely after FFVIII, which is my alltime favourite :)

Muse
11-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Probably, yes. This one stood out for me, and I was so glad to see that this one didn't follow the usual path of other Final Fantasy games.

It's probably the best.

darkleo813
11-26-2006, 03:51 AM
FFIX is my second favourite title. It follows closely after FFVIII, which is my alltime favourite :)

I agree with you. IX was the first one I played but I wore myself out playing VIII. Its close, but I pick VIII over IX by a nose.

Holy Lancer
11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes it is the battle system, the way you learn abilities, and the sory all make it great.

Omni-Odin
12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Definitely one of the best in the series, but still not my favorite. The story line and level system get it right, especially with how you get abilities. But other than the chocobo game, I thought sidequests were lacking.

arcanedude34
12-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Yes. This, then V, then VII then IV, then... idk. but this is number one in my books.

Little Blue
12-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Joint top with X.

aquatius
12-09-2006, 04:16 PM
No. I use to before i played some of the earlier ones, but since i've played them i've changed my mind. Some of the things that annoy me about it are the easyness of it, the lack of serious characters and the dullness of the dungeons. I also dislike the fact that most of the best Weapons & Armor are either bought or found lying on the floor, (there's no actual challenge in getting them) and that enemies don't drop any good treasure. It does have a lot of good going for it, and i like the fact that it went back to the medievil syle of the earlier FF's, but i don't think it's the best.
Of course monsters drop rubbish treasure, you steal the good treasure with Zidane.

VengefulRonin
12-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Yeah possibly. Sometimes I really feel it is. It is kinda easy though...

I have to say the graphics are really really good, and square really accomplished something - you could have a fun time playing the game w/o battles or storyline, like walking around on the rooftops to get to the play, the swordfight between zidane & blank, alot of the stuff in the beginning.

I think the card game was ALOT better than triple triad, which I barely play when I play VIII, but i'm always on tetra master.

the characters were good, but there wasn't much progression for amarant except you learn he was bested by Zidane once.

Easy is a good thing, this game is what got me into FF. If i'd gone with VII as my first FF, i would have hated the series.

And i love tetra master ^_^ I'm pretty good at it too, although when i tried to figure it out with the instruction manual i got uber confused, so it took me a while to learn it on my own. Lindlum and Alexandria are definitely fun to romp around in, and there's plenty of mini games in IX if you want to take a break from leveling, which i cant say for the most recent FF... *glares at XII*

So yeah, i'd say its the best, or certainly one of them.

Wolf Kanno
12-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Not my favorite but definetly up there. I loved the characters and their stories (though it's true about Amarant) and I have grown to like Kuja more in the past year or so.

But I must disagree with Tetra Master. I thought it was stupid and I much prefer Triple Triad. Tetra just seemed to be more about luck and a little common sense, Triple Triad starts like that but quickly became a true game of strategy after a few rules were introduced.

I still feel that FFIX has the best cutscenes hands down in the series. The beautiful and serene opening, the exhilerating battle with the Black Waltz, and of course, what scene could possibly beat Bahamut battling Alexander over Alexandria?

Outside of a poor plot twist choice and Dagger being a pain in the ass, it was a nearly perfect game.

Elpizo
12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Now that I'm replaying it, I'm yet again remembered as to why I though this game was the best in the series. It just has this 'feel' to it that I can't explain, but tells me that this is the best.

Did that make sense? Probably not ^^"

Honestly, when I finished it for the first time and those credist rolled by, Melodies of Life and the FMV pieces. I was sad it was over. And I instantly said: Well, no contest, this is the best ever.

Characters, Battle system, how you learn abilities, side-quest, story and plot, villain, FMV's. All briliant and perfect. I feel sorry for the fools who says this one sucks. By now, people should have realised that not one FF sucks unless you hate the RPG genre?

So yeah, for me IX is the best, followed by V and III. I have no worst. Having a worst is foolishness. All Final Fantasy games were great games well worth fo my time, IX just is above them a bit more.

My friend who had only played a bit of DoS before couldn't really get into Final Fantasy. I lend him IX and he was so hooked he played it until 3 horus past midnight. He finished it in a week and nearly cried he had to return it. Now he's looking to buy it, and play VIII. Still, he said to me: "Best game ever, no contest." Made my day.

BG-57
12-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I enjoyed it quite a lot, but it didn't displace FFVIII as my favorite (nor did FFX or FFX-2 for that matter).

1) I prefer a gameplay style where's there's a lot of flexibility in the job system. That's why I liked FFV (despite its other myriad faults) and FFX-2 (ditto), but most of all FFT. Rigid job systems annoy me, which was the only major complaint I had against FFIV. FFVI, FFVII, and FFVIII all allowed all the party members to learn a large repetoire of spells while retaining unique abilities.

2) The music was well written and appropriate but it didn't inspire me as much as FFVII's or FFVIII's. I still will frequently listen to those ST while I almost never go back to FFIX's.

3) The chocobo raising was fun and a nice alternative to FFVII's annoying chocobo breeding system. As previously mentioned, most of the other susbquests were lackluster. Certainly not up to the level of Triple Triad (which is seriously addictive).

4) I liked the characters a lot, especially Steiner. I like bumbling heros that triumph not over the enemy but over their own faults.

5) The city designs and monsters were well done and distinctive but I liked the visual look of FFVIII better.

6) The Invicible is simply the coolest airship I've ever seen! It lacks the amenities of the Highwind or Blackjack and the versatility of FFV's airship, but it's got style! Especially the giant Eyeball O' Doom. :D

7) The ability learning system was well developed and innovative.

So to sum up, it was an enjoyable game, certainly not the worst but not the best either.

VengefulRonin
12-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I enjoyed it quite a lot, but it didn't displace FFVIII as my favorite (nor did FFX or FFX-2 for that matter).

1) I prefer a gameplay style where's there's a lot of flexibility in the job system. That's why I liked FFV (despite its other myriad faults) and FFX-2 (ditto), but most of all FFT. Rigid job systems annoy me, which was the only major complaint I had against FFIV. FFVI, FFVII, and FFVIII all allowed all the party members to learn a large repetoire of spells while retaining unique abilities.

2) The music was well written and appropriate but it didn't inspire me as much as FFVII's or FFVIII's. I still will frequently listen to those ST while I almost never go back to FFIX's.

3) The chocobo raising was fun and a nice alternative to FFVII's annoying chocobo breeding system. As previously mentioned, most of the other susbquests were lackluster. Certainly not up to the level of Triple Triad (which is seriously addictive).

4) I liked the characters a lot, especially Steiner. I like bumbling heros that triumph not over the enemy but over their own faults.

5) The city designs and monsters were well done and distinctive but I liked the visual look of FFVIII better.

6) The Invicible is simply the coolest airship I've ever seen! It lacks the amenities of the Highwind or Blackjack and the versatility of FFV's airship, but it's got style! Especially the giant Eyeball O' Doom. :D

7) The ability learning system was well developed and innovative.

So to sum up, it was an enjoyable game, certainly not the worst but not the best either.

Cant say i agree on everything about VIII, especially about Triple Triad being better. I like tetra master better, but i suppose thats all a matter of personal taste.

I frankly LOVE the design of the cities and everything. IX left the modern futury crap behind. I'll admit, i loved the look of VIII, but to me it just doesnt feel right when a fantasy game is overly modernized.

Ah yes, bumbling steiner. He pissed me off sooo much at first, the way he was so arrogant and stubborn, but it's great to see his character develop into a nicer, smarter dude through the story. I suppose much of that is owed to Vivi.

Invincible = pwnage. Any FMV with that ship in it you knew was gonna be awesome. And i just loved the journey to terra ^_^

BG-57
12-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Cant say i agree on everything about VIII, especially about Triple Triad being better. I like tetra master better, but i suppose thats all a matter of personal taste.

Note I never said Tetra Master was a lousy game. I just like the gameplay style of Triple Triad better.

I frankly LOVE the design of the cities and everything. IX left the modern futury crap behind. I'll admit, i loved the look of VIII, but to me it just doesnt feel right when a fantasy game is overly modernized.

I like the look of FFIX as well but FFVIII reminds me of Art Deco which is one of my favorite artchetectual styles. So I'm biased.

Ah yes, bumbling steiner. He pissed me off sooo much at first, the way he was so arrogant and stubborn, but it's great to see his character develop into a nicer, smarter dude through the story. I suppose much of that is owed to Vivi.

Agreed.

Invincible = pwnage. Any FMV with that ship in it you knew was gonna be awesome. And i just loved the journey to terra ^_^

Next to the Gears from Xenogears the model kits I'd like to see the most would be of the Invincible. :D

Safis
12-21-2006, 04:36 AM
IX is my favourite so far. The ones I've played extensively are I, II, V, VII, IX, and X. For some reason, I just love playing IX. I can start over and love every bit of it, unlike some (*coughviicough*).

mooglebunni608
12-21-2006, 04:45 AM
Yes <3

Darth Anarcus
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
No, I do not.

Lon611
12-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Final Fantasy IX isn't my favorite FF, but it's still very close. It's the 2nd best FF for me, actually. :) The game still has some features that I think are better done than in any other FF. For example, I think FFIX has some of the best character development I've seen in an FF, the storyline may not be the best but it's deep and thoughtful, the game has my favorite FF ending, and I think FFIX has the best music in the series.

well said. maybe not the best persay, but definitely my favorite. the music, locations, characters, and battle system make this one an easy replay for me...i've probably replayed this more than any other FF.

forgotten_fantasy
12-22-2006, 09:34 PM
yes, 9 is the best but then again ive only played 6 7 9 and 10 and havent completed 6 yet. The reason i like 9 the best is because I prefer the graphics of it to any of the other final fantasies I think it has a better storyline than 7 or 10. 9 has some very good memorable music (melodies of life) it has some amazing cut scenes that 7 just doesnt have.

chrisfffan
12-22-2006, 09:42 PM
its a good game but i don’t take it seriously like 7 and 8 because its too much of a fantasy for me.

VengefulRonin
12-22-2006, 10:11 PM
its a good game but i don’t take it seriously like 7 and 8 because its too much of a fantasy for me.

You didnt take it seriously cuz it was too much of a fantasy? Then why the heck did you ever start playing Final Fantasy? o_O

chrisfffan
12-22-2006, 10:25 PM
i think its a great final fantasy game for someone to start out with and then move on to 7 and 8.

The black mage
12-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Hmm it was the first FF a actuly played fully and not at a frenids house but its my joint fave with 7.
This was a game strung together with mini-games.
but it had a powerful storyline and some good jokes. And and a powerful ending.
One my fav bits is when Garnet and Zadine are geting on the cargo ship.

Ooo, soft...

VengefulRonin
12-22-2006, 11:51 PM
xD

lufia
12-28-2006, 02:18 PM
most favourite game. something about the atmosphere makes me want to play it again. love the characters. favourite part was when zidane was lost for the first time.

Ryth
12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Maybe, I can't decide with games like FFVI and FFT being so awesome as well. It may be my favourite. It definitely is one of my favourite Final Fantasies.

I should also probably play more FFIII and try out FFV first.

PuPu
12-28-2006, 07:53 PM
It's the best of all Second Generation games. FFX is also very close with FF9.

BG-57
12-29-2006, 04:33 AM
Maybe, I can't decide with games like FFVI and FFT being so awesome as well. It may be my favourite. It definitely is one of my favourite Final Fantasies.

I should also probably play more FFIII and try out FFV first.

If you liked the flexible job system in FFT then FFV will be worth playing, since that's the game's greatest strength. :)

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2006, 05:49 AM
No, FFX is my favorite, but FFIX is somewhere up on my list :love:

MikeL Valentine
12-30-2006, 09:12 PM
I dunno But I play it all the time... just curious:confused:

If you ask me it's the best of all FF series :cool:
It's characters might not be all that cool like Sephiroth or Squall but they are really special, especially Vivi.

Thats my opinion anyway..