PDA

View Full Version : more limit breaks, gimme more!!

farplaner
10-23-2006, 03:21 AM
So, in my current playthrough I'm concentrating on leveling limit breaks. I've got everyone in fury, and I'm fighting random battles with whatever big hitters I can find in whatever area I'm in.

My question is this: while working on getting, say, a level 3 limit break, does it matter if I use level 1 instead of level 2 limit breaks.

I ask because I had Aerith's lv. 2 "Breath of the Earth," but using that every time I got her break would cancel my "hyper" status, so I stuck with her lv. 1 breaks. I finally got "Furybrand," but it seemed to take many more breaks then did the other characters.

I'm guessing they don't all take the same number, but can anyone confirm, etc.?

Dragon Mage
10-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Well, to get Fury Brand, you need to use BotE 8 times. I don't know how you managed to get Fury Brand using the other limits. (btw, try using a fury ring, to keep the status)

farplaner
10-23-2006, 03:49 AM
Well, to get Fury Brand, you need to use BotE 8 times. I don't know how you managed to get Fury Brand using the other limits. (btw, try using a fury ring, to keep the status)

Oh wait! My mistake. I did evetually switch to BotE, after a while...completely forgot. So then it does matter which breaks I use.

Thanks DM.

TheSpoonyBard
10-23-2006, 09:33 AM
(btw, try using a fury ring, to keep the status)
Fury Ring give you Berserk, not Fury.

aquatius
10-23-2006, 10:10 AM
To get the first limit break of a level you need to kill a certain amount of enemies with that character, to get the second one you need to use the first one several times, oh and BTW, Red's Lv3 Limit is better than his fourth if you're fighting a single enemy.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-23-2006, 04:06 PM
it depends on what ur trying to achieve. if ur wanting the 1st limit break in a new level then no, it doesn't matter which level ur set to, which just need to kill a lot of enemies. however, if ur wanting the 2nd limit in a level, then u will need to be set on that level and use the 1st limit quite a few times (usually around 7 or 8). mighte i recommend mythril cave for getting limits? (the cave just before junon) in the room that is a dead end and has 2 levels, with a ramp on the right hand side, enemies appear in 4 or 5's and the dragons use a flame thrower attack which fills ur limit bar rather quickly

farplaner
10-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Yeah, after my last post I went to gamefaqs and got the skinny. I did go to mythril cave to get Aerith's 2nd lv. 3 LB, but I never saw more then 4 enemies at a time. Anyway, I'm now on disc 2, so Aerith is dead, but I finally saw her lv. 4 LB, which wasn't very impressive, but at least I can say I saw it.

Thanks, for the posts everyone.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-24-2006, 10:15 PM
on a quick note for future rederrence, u can find 5 enemies a time in mythril cave if u enter from the junon side then go into the room at the topp of the screen. there u occasionally get 5 snakes in a battle.

farplaner
10-25-2006, 05:31 AM
on a quick note for future rederrence, u can find 5 enemies a time in mythril cave if u enter from the junon side then go into the room at the topp of the screen. there u occasionally get 5 snakes in a battle.

OK, I was fighting outside to the far right, but I'm now at level 50 or so on disc 2.

Any suggestions where I can also earn a little EXP, AP at higher levels?

Carl the Llama
10-25-2006, 08:53 AM
my only serjestion is to complete disk 2 and move onto the northern crater as they have the best exp/ap in the game mind you at level 50 your more then well equiped to kill Sephiroth.

Sefie1999AD
10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd suggest fighting in the forest around Mideel. You'll usually encounter 3-4 enemies there, and while they're quite easy to defeat, they still cause a pretty good amount of damage, so they're good for filling your limit break gauge if you want to learn the second limit of a level. If you need to learn a limit break of the next level, it's also pretty fast killing 3-4 enemies at a time. The enemies give a pretty good amount of EXP and AP as well.

When you're strong enough, the sunken ship Gelnika is a good place for leveling up. It is recommended that you have Ribbons equipped when you go there. Finally, the Northern Crater is also good for leveling up. If you need AP, Magic Pots and Movers are good for that (use W-Item to get 99 Elixirs). To get Ribbons, have Yuffie use her Conformer to Morph Master Tonberries.

Twilight Edge
10-26-2006, 05:11 PM
The most easy method of obtaining a first limit break is by fighting in the forests outside Junon or inside Mythril Cave with that particular character equipped with the Choco/Mog materia. Get into a battle with 4/5 enemies and use that character to cast Choco/Mog for an instant kill to all (Choco/Mog is basically enough to kill off all enemies at once, being able to do 500-800 damage in my case including the fat Chocobo attack and only consumes 14MP) enemies. Repeat process on all characters i.e. focus limits on one characater at a time.

To get the second limit go to Mideel and fight the monsters there. They deal a considerate amount of damage to fill up your limit gauge. If you think you are a hell of a tanker, the Sunken Gelnika is preferable as the monsters there deal an insane amount of damage. For a normal monster.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-26-2006, 08:35 PM
chocomog mite be a bit OTT for enimes that early on in the game, i alsways used matra magic cos it killed everything in one apart from the dragons which is gud cos they can then use falme thrower over and over withut any interruptions. also, if only the character ur learning limits with is alive, he's garunteed to get hit with it. or u can equip cover but it's not as successful.

jubjub13
10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
(btw, try using a fury ring, to keep the status)
Fury Ring give you Berserk, not Fury.

Yeah, I just use ribbons.

Dragon Mage
10-26-2006, 09:57 PM
ur welcome.

For monster kills, run around in the forest by fort condor. There's these little plant-like monsters that cast Grand Spark. They come in groups of 5 every time and one use of Matra Magic kills them all.

Yeah, I just use ribbons.

how did you get ribbons that early in the game? The first one you get is in the temple.

farplaner
10-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Well, I'm talking about later in the game. I'm now earning GP from S level chocobo races before heading to Junon to start the large materia chase.

Barret and Tifa have their lv. 4 LB's, and I have indeed been hanging around in the forest outside Mideel.

My aim for this playthrough is to get every player at 255 stats. I know this is unecessary, but it's just for the hell of it...I won't finish by the time XII gets to my local gamestop, anyway. So it will probably be a long while before I complete it.

With XII, I've decided to start a notebook. I'm going to attempt to write my own walkthrough...so that will probably tkae some time.

Anyway, thanks for the help everyone. It's amazing that although I've played VII enough to know everything there is to know about it, I continue to learn new things....