PDA

View Full Version : Mario and Luigi: Partners in time

pinkmage
10-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Is this supposed to be any good?i heard it was and i am considering getting it but i was just wondering if any other people had played it/got it on here.

much peas!!

:mario::luigi:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2006, 09:30 AM
It is a very fun game. Even better than the first one.

Roto13
10-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Yeah, it's pretty good. People keep whining about it because they think it's supposed to be Super Mario RPG, but it's a good game in it's own right.

Rostum
10-23-2006, 11:20 AM
IMO, they should make a port of Super Mario RPG for DS. That'd be very nice if they could pull it off, giving it the same great feel from the SNES.

When I get a DS, I will defenately buy this game though. I got my g/f to buy it and she loves it, it looks really fun. =)

ljkkjlcm9
10-23-2006, 11:34 AM
My only problem with the game... too short and not very difficult. But it's definitely too short... otherwise great game

THE JACKEL

Rainecloud
10-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Definitely the most hilarious Mario game of all time.

It's well worth buying, in my opinion.

Yamaneko
10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
It is a very fun game. Even better than the first one.
Nah. Too linear. Not as well written. The combat is made better with the inclusion of the babies, though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I think PiT has the better script. And how was the first one non-linear?

Ichimonji
10-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I think the thing that's a little less appealing about this game is that it's repetitive. You're sent to this part of the past and you have to complete it, then you go back to the present and learn an ability, then you go to another part of the past. Rather than the first one where you have just one big world, where it seems bigger and you can explore more. Even though there were a lot of parts in the first one where you couldn't go without a certain ability, it did seem like you had a lot more freedom.

However, despite all that, I do enjoy Partners in Time. They take full use of the two screens, which makes it very fun and interesting. I still hold the first one in slightly higher regard, but the sequel is very enjoyable.

Yamaneko
10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
PiT didn't really have an overworld. Superstar Saga did.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I guess you're right. I clearly didn't miss it, though.

Xander
10-23-2006, 05:44 PM
It's really fun! And so cute! When Luigi says "babies!" hehe :love:

It made me laugh lots, I still haven't finished it though, cos I suck at picking up games after leaving them too long ;__; I didn't play superstar saga though, so I don't know how it compares.

The Devil Man
10-23-2006, 06:16 PM
The first game, SuperStar Saga, is a helluva lot more funnier. It has a much better sense of humour and the jokes just work a lot better.

Partners in Time is too much 'Whooh, look what we can do with double screens!' works well enough, but the first game is still better.

Roto13
10-23-2006, 09:25 PM
The first one was funnier for one reason and one reason only.

http://2dadventure.com/ags/fawful.jpg

I HAVE FURY!!!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-23-2006, 09:26 PM
good times