PDA

View Full Version : NTSC to PAL.

boys from the dwarf
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
another attempt at finding a way to play FFT.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAL-to-NTSC-TV-Video-Adaptor-PS2-XBOX-Converter_W0QQitemZ290040958419QQihZ019QQcategoryZ187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 290040958419

it says it changes NTSC to PAL for TV, PS2's and X-boxes.

would it work for a PS1 game being played on a PS2?

im pretty useless with this type of stuff. i think it'll work but confirmation from some people who are better at this than me would be appreciated.

Noctivagus
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
It should do :-) It convernts anything so I should imagine so mate :-)

boys from the dwarf
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
yeah. its just i cant really be too careful.

it says it works for PS2 games so i guess it would work for an NTSC PS1 game running on a PAL PS2. im just uncertain. seems almost too good to be true.

EDIT: well i've thought about it and i see no reason why it wont work.

wait a second. by PAL to NTSC does it mean, PAL games to NTSC console or NTSC game to PAL console.

i need it to make an NTSC game work for a PAL console

Endless
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Since you have a european PS2, putting a NTSC game in and playing it makes the PS2 output PAL60, which is PAL at 60 Hz frequency. Your problem is that your TV is too old/low quality* and doesn't support 60 Hz, and no adapter will help. You <i>need</i> a TV/monitor that is PAL60 compatible to see the colors.

*(my brother still uses our 16 year old 14" TV set that supports 60Hz)

o_O
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Just for the record, this device converts the signal only. Also, it is a PAL to NTSC converter, meaning you put in a European game in, and it converts the output to an NTSC signal; what you want is an NTSC to PAL converter.

If your PS2 is not chipped/swap disc'd, the game will not play at all, since it's a PAL console and an NTSC game. The converter deals with incompatibilities between the PS2 and the TV.