View Full Version : Instant Kill Spells

Martyr
10-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Which would you develop and why?

Doom
Break
Frog
Exit/Warp/Banish

The concept of Doom seems cheesy to me, so I always go for Break, since I'd rather turn my enemies into stone. I have a feeling that Frog would have a large ineffectivity rate. I could probably level Warp from the beginning.

But I don't know which spells, ultimately, have the highest chance of success. Or if there are enemies that are more or less resistant to certain death spells, OR, if they're all the same and equally useless since bosses won't die, and regular enemies can be killed easier than by having their fate left to unlikely chance.

Share your opinions or your knowledge, please.

Sefie1999AD
10-23-2006, 11:15 PM
I think I went for Doom and Frog. Doom is Death-elemental and Frog is Dimension-elemental, so that means those two are good against different enemy types. I've only used them in the DoS version, but there they start hitting pretty well (especially Frog) when the spell reaches levels 5-6+.

Evastio
10-23-2006, 11:32 PM
You forgot to list Mini.

In my experience Warp and Banish don't work as well as Doom, Break, Frog, and Mini.

DarkLadyNyara
10-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Toad/Frog actually has a pretty good effectivness rate. So does Teleport. I tend to level those two. Besides, teleport has an added use.

Crossblades
10-24-2006, 01:53 PM
I leveled Banish and Teleport, but only as an excuse to raise my character's magic;)

Ender
10-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Toad ruled FFIII after about the mid-way point in the game when it was effective like 90% of the time. I'm not sure I ever got it to work in FFII though. Break was my insta-death spell of choice as it seemd to work the most often for me...though a high-level melee character is just as good at the insta-death part and saves the MP for cure spells. ;)

Znake
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Toad/Frog. Although it dosen't kill them, just makes them hop away. I've been levelling it up against the Captains in Fynn, for the Snow Craft mini-game.

ImAFarmer
11-13-2006, 02:38 AM
I used teleport to kill the adamantoise xD