PDA

View Full Version : A question for the wise :P

NINJA_Ryu
10-24-2006, 01:46 AM
well, inspired by mr nosebleed, but not out to set any records, im going to attempt the game with only 5 charachters, one of each race, including marche and montblanc. Ill just complete the dispatch missions for the human/moogles either after the game or with a guy i pick up along the way.

I specialized the team around speed,attack,defense,magic, and a wildcard (moogle) with one for each

also, with the expert jobs, i wont just meet the minimum requirement for the class, ill pick up the useful skills along the way ^ ^

anywho, here is the breakdown

Human(marche) fighter/ninja
Bangaa Defender/dragoon
Nu Mou Sage/alchemist
Viera Assassin/summoner w/red magic
Moogle Gunner/Mog knight

no healing to boot

the first class is the first one to master, then ill pick up the second classes as it goes on, because i know ill master the classes well before games end

any comments?

Cruise Control
10-24-2006, 01:53 AM
That'll be easy. Erm, where's the handicap. Do no Healing.

Monster Hunt
10-24-2006, 07:40 AM
^ ..... .....................Yeah, he never said he/she thinks it's going to be hard. Besides it sounds a little easy but it's probably harder than you think.

NINJA_Ryu Good luck on doing that! If you need any help, just give us (<- more like me (no one's noticing this topic)) a shout!

PS: I like Gladiator/Dragoon better but I suppose you'll need some defense so ti's all good. ^_^

tailz
10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
tis wont be so hard as nosebleeds his chalenge but still good luck.

youll probably need it.

Cruise Control
10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Mine's generally been easy, I'm just creating shelters out of corpses, since you can't stand on a body, I sorround myself with them. I think you should try a three character challenge. Marche, Montblanc, and one other.

EDIT: Monster Hunt, before you indicate someones gender, check their profile. Make. kthxbai.

NINJA_Ryu
10-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Yea, i have never completed the game, only getin to the third totema or though, and this is purely a game so that i get everything, then if im bored at another time, ill trim it down around marche and montblanc, and maybe one other.

And yes, i never indicated it was as hard as nosebleeds, just an idea i had in my head that i wanted to try out. No healing? I think ill go for that, time to reedit my post.

another idea came to mind, an all ranged/melee party? same amount of ppl though

Cruise Control
10-25-2006, 03:14 AM
I'd avoid either, freaking flans.

EDIT: I'm trying to imagine solo Marche, no healing *shudder* That's where half my exp comes from.

NINJA_Ryu
10-25-2006, 03:21 AM
what, by healing yourself?

Monster Hunt
10-25-2006, 08:01 AM
First Aid is an instant 10 exp ^_^

NINJA_Ryu
10-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Sheesh, as for mine, things are going pretty well, although no healing is going to be aarrgh in a bit, but at least i have a good amoount of phoenix downs ^ ^

Skyblade
10-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Phoenix Downs are healing...

NINJA_Ryu
10-28-2006, 02:42 AM
but...but....rar, i consider them to be reviving! fine, no phoenix downs either :(

but right now i have established my fighter and defender, and done about 10 quests, and movin on to The cheetahs atm

Elemental Alchemist
11-26-2006, 04:36 AM
Maybe you should try playing a blue mage/whatever else you want for marche. that'll balance him out a lot. Even more if the second ability is the paladin's or the fighter's.

Also, if you're trying a party of three, might I suggest as the third character a bangaa as a templar w/ bishop skills? It's strong in both magic and attack, and the templar can also equip spears. If you don't like this combination, you can try dragoon/templar or viceversa. Whatever works for you.

Fireblade13
11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I almost had a no item campaign for my first run but due to laws I used like 1-2 phoenix down in the final fight x(

No healing is hard but try no self moves! God the low lvls! That would mean no Defense, Cure (unless zombie), Boost, Quicken

I might try a Marche/Montblanc thing as a no *unnesessary* slef moves would probably be even harder. Will post when I do