PDA

View Full Version : Grand Tournament Revival

Pages : [1] 2 3

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-24-2006, 07:38 AM
I've been itching to do one of these for awhile now, so I'm going to attempt a revival. I will NOT be updating these every day like I was doing (which contributed much to my burning out), but I should update somewhere in the area of three times a week at least. You will have at least two days to place your bets, possibly more if you're lucky/unlucky.

If there are enough people getting involved in this, I'm more than happy to expand it. There will be the betting element as there was in the prior tournaments, I'll openly track all bets in the thread since trying to do it via PMs was just a pain.

For the unaware, the Grand Tournament is something where I write a fight scene between two characters and people bet on them. Those that bet correctly gain double the money they bet, those who bet wrong lose it. Fights are conducted on various battlefields submitted by you, the readers/bettors.

The rules:

1. I write all the fights based on my analysis of a given character and their strengths and weaknesses. I stand by my decision on who wins and who does not win, if you're just going to troll the thread, don't bother reading it. Nobody's forcing you to do so.

2. Only bet on the upcoming fight. Again, it's too much of a pain to track a bunch of bets for fights that I won't be writing for awhile.

3. Discussions of the fights and matchups are welcome and encouraged. I have no problem with people thinking I'm wrong, so long as it doesn't turn to trolling (covered in rule 1). People may change their bets based on discussion up to the point of the fight being posted (I will refresh right before the fight itself is finished and take all of the bets I see).

And now for the protocol:

1. This is fantastical realism. I let people bend and break rules, but they're still bound by certain laws (if you get stabbed, you'll be hurting. Likewise if you get shot, you'll be hurting). All characters are going to be used at their peak potential, although they may not use all of it in fights if they don't need to. Generally, the more of their abilities they use, the later in the rankings it is.

2. Seeding will be random. I will either draw lots myself or have a friend do it.

3. This is a mixed tournament. There will be 64 entrants in all, 32 heroes and 32 villains. I'll start with the heroes, if it lasts long enough the villains will then fight, and the final round will be between the champion hero and champion villain. Characters can be taken from any video game or anime series.

4. Everyone may make one battlefield that will be randomly selected before a fight. The battlefields may be any manageable size and can be taken from any video game or anime series. I need a good working description of the battlefield so I have an idea of what it looks like.

5. Voting is open now. You may vote on 10 heroes to be included in the tournament. Villain voting will be held later.

6. Emeralda and Grahf are barred from this because they have already won a tournament. All victors will be barred from future tournaments.

7. Starting balance is 10,000 for EVERYONE.

There you have it. Voting starts now.

RiseToFall
10-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Alright so here are my 10.

1. Master Chief (Halo)
2. Leon Kennedy (Res Evil)
3. Dante (DMC)
4. Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop)
5. Alucard (Hellsing)
6. Vash The Stampede (Tigun)
7. Cloud (FFVII)
8. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
9. Vincent (DoC)
10. Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)

Strider
10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Heh, sounds like fun.

- Strider Hiryu
- Jin Saotome
- Earthworm Jim
- Viewtiful Joe

As for battle grounds... the Strider series had an airship called the Balrog. Fighting on the deck there could be interesting.

Zante
10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Its good to see this thing back.

1/Shadow (FFVI)
2/Vincent (FFVII)
3/Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone)
4/Gandalf (Any LoTR game)
5/Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft III)
6/Revan (KotOR)
7/Cloud (FFVII)
8/Squall (FFVIII)
9/Tidus (FFX)
10/Auron (FFX)

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Strider, could I have a description of the battlefield? I amended it to include that I need a good description just in case I have no idea what location you're talking about :)

JKTrix
10-24-2006, 04:42 PM
1. Ichigo "Deathberry" Kurosaki
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. MGSS4 Raiden (at least what can be ascertained from trailers)
4. Yomiko Readman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yomiko_Readman)
5. Legolas
6. "Twilight" Suzuka (http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsanime/outlawstar/ossuzuka.html) (skip to background/history etc. Or go watch Outlaw Star)

I leave 4 in reserve if I do decide to add more.

McLovin'
10-24-2006, 06:36 PM
1) Raven (http://grandia.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/index.php?g3_profiles&char=9&game=g3) (Grandia 3)
2) Magus Zeal (chrono trigger)
3) Jack Sparrow
4) Harry Potter :D
5) Spartan (Spartan: Total Warrior)

Necronopticous
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
The grand tournament was more appealing to me personally with the original character creation. Bring it back.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Since this is a revival, I need to get people money before I can have original character creation. You were always good at betting Necro, I'm sure you can make the money back shortly :p

Rinion
10-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Alright, this sounds rather interesting. Void, I shall be assuming you have a good concept of all of the final fantasys. And so

1. Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)
2. Vincent (Final Fantasy VII)
3. Auron (Final Fantasy X)
4. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
5. Vivec (Morrowind)
6. Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)

For Vivec... well, he is a god in Morrowind... but you can kill them him in the game. His physical form, anyways. Just like Gandalf. He is a demi-god, so he cannot be 'killed', apart from his body being physically destroyed.

As for arenas... I like Chaos, or whatever you wish to call it... a vortex-type place where Belmont fought and destroyed Dracula at a point in time.

Rase
10-25-2006, 07:28 AM
This post is basically to remind myself to come back tomorrow and post my stuff.

Oh, and to say these totally rocked, and I'm glad you're doing another Void. GT FTW. :D

Strider
10-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Here's a screenshot for ya, BtV:

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/strider/strider-1.png

Think like the end of the Storm Eagle stage in Megaman X, and you've pretty much got it.

EDIT:

Ooh, or even better, the interior of the Balrog, complete with reverse polarity!

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/strider/strider-9.png

StarlightAngel
10-25-2006, 04:28 PM
1. Laharl-sama
2. Jack Russell
3. Kite
4. Pringer X/Z
5. Kurogane
6. Drizzt Do'Urden

Elite Lord Sigma
10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I'll suggest five.

Athos (Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword) (The one known simply as Fire Emblem in the US)

Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox series)

Bomberman (The normal one, not the one from the astoundingly awful Act Zero)

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden version, please)

King Zephiel (Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals)

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Voting will remain open until Monday, when I will be seeding. I'll probably start the fights after Halloween.

Spammerman
10-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Link(Zelda Series)
Jak(Jak Series)
Colt(Gun)
Mario
Luigi

Rase
10-27-2006, 02:25 AM
Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_gaiden_black), Xbox version
Falco Lombardi - Super Smash Bros. Melee (http://www.smashbrosmelee.com/~characters/falco.shtml) version
Cyborg Ninja/Gray Fox - Metal Gear Solid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Fox_%28Metal_Gear%29#Gray_Fox) version
Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver_Ocelot#Metal_Gear_Solid) version
Link - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_princess) version
Alucard - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_of_the_night) version
Julius Belmont - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Dawn_of_Sorrow#Playable_Characters) version
Soma Cruz - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma_Cruz) version
Samus Aran - Super Metroid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Metroid) version
Will/Freedan/Shadow - Illusion of Gaia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion_of_gaia#Player_characters)

EDIT: Bah, I'm lazy. I like this old battlefield, so I'll submit it again, if that's alright.

Name: Viper's Aerie

Game: Illusion of Gaia (SNES)

Description:
Suspended high above the Nazca Ruins, this portion of the Sky Garden was once the home of Viper, the giant eagle god. Though now gone, his divine presence still affects the Garden. The long, narrow platform is subject to intense winds, and the direction they are blowing is constantly changing. Fighters must be constantly on their guard, as a sudden gust may send them hurtling thousands of feet. Large, heavy fighters are at an advantage on this battlefield, as the winds will affect them less. By contrast, small and light fighters can easily get tossed about by thermals and sudden drafts if they are careless, and so must remain focused. Magic users may also encounter trouble, as the wind, due to it's divine nature, can affect spells as well, sending them flying any direction. A skilled and calculating magician, however, may be able to read the wind patterns and use them to his or her advantage. Finally, fighters who focused on missile weapons will have a equally tough time here, the winds blowing their projectiles about.

NINJA_Ryu
10-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Hmmm, Micheal Jackson
nightcrawler
Chuck Norris
Sonic
Kratos
Mike Tyson
Captain Falcon
MCGYVER

battlefield : in my living room, 30 by 40 feet, two computers by each other, steps going upstairs, two rooms off to the side leading to my room and bathroom. A wall with 3 large windows, a door with a huge glass window in it leading to backyard. Computers lie on the wall leading upstairs. Also has a fireplace, TV, and N64, DVD driver, and a huge couch, taking up 1/5 of the room. Also has about 4 cabinets. :P

change heroes at any time.

Zeromus_X
10-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
Chisato Madison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ocean:_The_Second_Story#Chisato_Madison) (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lenneth Valkyrie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenneth_Valkyrie#Lenneth_Valkyrie) (Valkyrie Profile series)
Beauty Queen Etna (Disgaea series; but it's kinda hard who's considered a real 'hero' in this...)
Tina/Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Albel Nox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albel_Nox) (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Kitten Sith (Final Fantasy VII)
Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII)
Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)
Ronixis J. Kenni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronixis) (Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Oddysey, and Star Ocean: The Second Story)

Hm, I think that's it. I've never done one of these before, so I hope these are all okay.

As for a battlefield, how about the standard tri-Ace bonus dungeon? Just think a really surreal technological environment, with runes on the walls and floating multicolored blocks (which may or may not have runes on them). I hope that's descriptive enough, but they are pretty surreal.

Spammerman
10-29-2006, 01:46 AM
3 more

Yoshi
Zhao Yun
Caim from drakengard
as for a battlefield...tryin to think of a good one. The colliseum from drakengard. Standard colliseum design, medium fighting area

StarlightAngel
10-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Battlefield:

Hollow Bastion

One of the larger rooms filled with seemingly randomly placed pipes and machinery, this area can provide many places to not only hide behind, but also to crash into. The ceiling is plenty high enough for flight, if that particular character can fly, with many pipes sticking out of the walls as well to make it a simple matter for a skilled jumper to gain some height advantage.

Because I am totally uncreative :P

Taiyou
10-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Maou Laharl-sama.
Fei Fong Wong.
Kurosaki Ichigo.
Terra Branford.
Beauty Queen Etna.
The Dragon Spooker.

JKTrix
10-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Your name, 'Taiyou,' reminded me of one of my other favourite characters.

Django, from Boktai (a.k.a. Aaron in Lunar Knights)
http://media.g4tv.com/images/imagedb2/295/29518_M.jpg

Can use a multitude of weapons, but his signature weapon is the 'Gun del Sol', the Gun of the Sun. It has a variety of fire modes--including single, long range shots and a short range wide arc spray--depending on the lens equipped. As you would imagine, the Gun del Sol is most powerful when used in direct sunlight and against undead enemies, but is still fairly capable against foes without a particular weakness to sunlight.

Zante
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Battlefield: Thunder Plains (Final Fantasy X)

Description: The Thunder Plains are the site of a vast, never-ending thunderstorm. Many a traveler met their end here, until an Al Bhed by the name of "Bilghen" set up lightning rod towers to draw the lightning away from the main path. With the arrival of the Eternal Calm and Sin's permanent defeat, the Al Bhed fortified the towers so the lightning would not harm travelers.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-30-2006, 06:49 PM
You may only vote for the characters in the third list. They all tied for a potential slot, this next vote is to decide who else makes it in.

Characters and votes:

1. Master Chief (Halo) 1 vote
2. Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil) 1 vote
3. Dante (Devil May Cry) 1 vote
4. Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop) 1 vote
5. Alucard (Hellsing) 1 vote
6. Vash The Stampede (Trigun) 1 vote
7. Cloud (FFVII) 2 votes
8. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) 2 votes
9. Vincent (FFVII, FFVII:DoC) 3 votes
10. Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) 1 vote
11. Strider Hiryu (Strider) 1 vote
12. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness) 1 vote
13. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim) 1 vote
14. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe) 1 vote
15. Shadow (FFVI) 1 vote
16. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone) 2 votes
17. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) 2 votes
18. Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft III) 1 vote
19. Revan (KotOR) 1 vote
20. Squall (FFVIII) 2 votes
21. Tidus (FFX) 1 vote
22. Auron (FFX) 2 votes
23. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) 2 votes
24. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) 3 votes
25. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid) 1 vote
26. Yomiko Readman (Read or Die) 1 vote
27. Legolas (Lord of the Rings) 1 vote
28. "Twilight" Suzuka (Outlaw Star) 1 vote
29. Raven (Grandia 3) 1 vote
30. Magus Zeal (Chrono Trigger) 1 vote
31. Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean) 1 vote
32. Harry Potter (Harry Potter) 1 vote
33. Spartan (Spartan: Total Warrior) 1 vote
34. Vivec (Morrowind) 1 vote
35. Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) 2 votes
36. Overlord Laharl (Disgaea) 2 votes
37. Jack Russell (Radiata Stories) 1 vote
38. Kite (.hack//infection, mutation, outbreak and quarantine) 1 vote
39. Pringer X/Z (Disgaea) 1 vote
40. Kurogane (Tsubasa Chronicle) 1 vote
41. Athos (Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword) 1 vote
42. Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox series) 1 vote
43. Bomberman (Bomberman) 1 vote
44. King Zephiel (Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals) 1 vote
45. Link (Legend of Zelda) 2 votes
46. Jak (Jak and Dexter) 1 vote
47. Colt (Gun) 1 vote
48. Mario (Mario Bros.) 1 vote
49. Luigi (Mario Bros.) 1 vote
50. Falco Lombardi (Star Fox) 1 vote
51. Cyborg Ninja/Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid) 1 vote
52. Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid) 1 vote
53. Julius Belmont (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow) 1 vote
54. Soma Cruz (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow) 1 vote
55. Samus Aran (Super Metroid) 1 vote
56. Will/Freedan/Shadow (Illusion of Gaia) 1 vote
57. Micheal Jackson (Michael Jackson) 1 vote
58. Nightcrawler (X-Men) 1 vote
59. Sonic (Sonic: the Hedgehog) 1 vote
60. Kratos (God of War) 1 vote
61. Mike Tyson (Mike Tyson's Punch Out) 1 vote
62. Captain Falcon (F-Zero) 1 vote
63. Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV) 1 vote
64. Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story) 1 vote
65. Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile series) 1 vote
66. Beauty Queen Etna (Disgaea) 2 votes
67. Tina/Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) 2 votes
68. Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) 1 vote
69. Kitten Sith (Final Fantasy VII) 1 vote
70. Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) 1 vote
71. Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) 1 vote
72. Ronixis J. Kenni (Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Oddysey, and Star Ocean: The Second Story) 1 vote
73. Yoshi (Super Mario Bros.) 1 vote
74. Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) 1 vote
75. Caim (Drakengard) 1 vote
76. Lina Inverse (Slayers) 1 vote
77. Django (Boktai) 1 vote

Characters that made the cut:
1. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) 2 votes
2. Vincent (FFVII, FFVII:DoC) 3 votes
3. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone) 2 votes
4. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) 2 votes
5. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) 2 votes
6. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) 3 votes
7. Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) 2 votes
8. Overlord Laharl (Disgaea) 2 votes
9. Link (Legend of Zelda) 2 votes
10. Beauty Queen Etna (Disgaea) 2 votes
11. Tina/Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) 2 votes
12. Squall (FFVIII) 2 votes
13. Auron (FFX) 2 votes
14. Cloud (FFVII) 2 votes

You have two days to vote for those who got in by one vote. Seeding will occur immediately thereafter. You may vote for up to five characters. I will make any and all final decisions on characters on Wednesday:

Characters who might make the cut:

1. Master Chief (Halo)
2. Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
3. Dante (Devil May Cry)
4. Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop)
5. Alucard (Hellsing)
6. Vash The Stampede (Trigun)
10. Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
11. Strider Hiryu (Strider)
12. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness)
13. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)
14. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
15. Shadow (FFVI)
18. Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft III)
19. Revan (KotOR)
21. Tidus (FFX)
25. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
26. Yomiko Readman (Read or Die)
27. Legolas (Lord of the Rings)
28. "Twilight" Suzuka (Outlaw Star)
29. Raven (Grandia 3)
30. Magus Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
31. Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean)
32. Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
33. Spartan (Spartan: Total Warrior)
34. Vivec (Morrowind)
37. Jack Russell (Radiata Stories)
38. Kite (.hack//infection, mutation, outbreak and quarantine)
39. Pringer X/Z (Disgaea)
40. Kurogane (Tsubasa Chronicle)
41. Athos (Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword)
42. Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox series)
43. Bomberman (Bomberman)
44. King Zephiel (Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals)
46. Jak (Jak and Dexter)
47. Colt (Gun)
48. Mario (Mario Bros.)
49. Luigi (Mario Bros.)
50. Falco Lombardi (Star Fox)
51. Cyborg Ninja/Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid)
52. Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
53. Julius Belmont (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)
54. Soma Cruz (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)
55. Samus Aran (Super Metroid)
56. Will/Freedan/Shadow (Illusion of Gaia)
57. Micheal Jackson (Michael Jackson)
58. Nightcrawler (X-Men)
59. Sonic (Sonic: the Hedgehog)
60. Kratos (God of War)
61. Mike Tyson (Mike Tyson's Punch Out)
62. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
63. Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
64. Chisato Madison (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
65. Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile series)
68. Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
69. Kitten Sith (Final Fantasy VII)
70. Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII)
71. Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)
72. Ronixis J. Kenni (Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Oddysey, and Star Ocean: The Second Story)
73. Yoshi (Super Mario Bros.)
74. Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors)
75. Caim (Drakengard)
76. Lina Inverse (Slayers)
77. Django (Boktai)

McLovin'
10-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Master Chief
Magus Zeal
Raven (Grandia 3)
Jak!
Dante

Is that what we're supposed to do?

EDIT: edited

Spammerman
10-31-2006, 12:14 AM
SInce i only voted for 8 canI use my last 2 votes?

Rase
10-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Cyborg Ninja/Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid)
Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
Soma Cruz (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)
Samus Aran (Super Metroid)
Will/Freedan/Shadow (Illusion of Gaia)

Rocket Edge
10-31-2006, 12:26 AM
#1 - Earthworm Jim
#2 - Michael Jackson
#3 - Harry Potter
#4 - Mario
#5 - Sonic

EDIT - For battlefield (if possible), the Farplane out of FFX/X2.

RiseToFall
10-31-2006, 12:32 AM
1. Dante (DMC)
2. Kratos (GoW)
3. Tidus (FF X)
4 Vyse (SoA)
5. Alucard (Hellsing)

NINJA_Ryu
10-31-2006, 12:42 AM
Alucard
Leon Kennedy
Illidan Stormrage
Micheal Jackson
Master Chief

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-31-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm not going to be allowing you to vote more than 5 times. So Traffic, please edit it down to 5.

Zante
10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
1/Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft III)
2/Shadow (FFVI)
3/Dante (Devil May Cry)
4/Tidus (FFX)
5/Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII)

McLovin'
10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Anybody want to vote for Nightmare from Soul Calibur. He is tight looking warrior if ya ask me.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Nightmare is ineligible, as he wasn't voted on by anybody in the preliminary vote.

Zeromus_X
10-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Guess I'll go with:

Chisato Madison (SO2)
Kitten Sith (FFVII)
Relm Arrowny (FFVI)
Cecil Harvey (FFIV)
Tina/Terra Branford (FFVI)

If Cecil is nominated, then I guess I should've said that I'm thinking of Paladin Cecil, and not Dark Knight Cecil.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Terra already made it in, so you can go ahead and vote for someone else if you want Z_X.

Rocket Edge
11-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Anybody want to vote for Nightmare from Soul Calibur. He is tight looking warrior if ya ask me.
Good choice..

StarlightAngel
11-01-2006, 03:55 PM
1. PringerX/Z
2. Kurogane
3. Vyse
4. Albel Nox
5. Yomiko Readman

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Characters already in the tournament:

1. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
2. Vincent (FFVII, FFVII:DoC)
3. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone)
4. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
5. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
6. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
7. Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
8. Overlord Laharl (Disgaea) - stage used
9. Link (Legend of Zelda)
10. Beauty Queen Etna (Disgaea)
11. Tina/Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
12. Squall (FFVIII)
13. Auron (FFX)
14. Cloud (FFVII)

Votes for secondary elimination:

1. Master Chief (Halo) 2 votes
2. Magus Zeal (Chrono Trigger) 1 vote
3. Raven (Grandia 3) 1 vote
4. Jak (Jak and Dexter) 1 vote
5. Dante (Devil May Cry) 3 votes
6. Cyborg Ninja/Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid) 1 vote
7. Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid) 1 vote
8. Soma Cruz (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow) 1 vote
9. Samus Aran (Super Metroid) 1 vote
10. Will/Freedan/Shadow (Illusion of Gaia) 1 vote
11. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim) 1 vote
12. Michael Jackson (Michael Jackson) 2 votes
13. Harry Potter (Harry Potter) 1 vote
14. Mario (Mario Bros.) 1 vote
15. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) 1 vote
16. Kratos (GoW) 1 vote
17. Tidus (FF X) 2 votes
18. Vyse (SoA) 2 votes
19. Alucard (Hellsing) 2 votes
20. Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil) 1 vote
21. Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft III) 2 votes
22. Shadow (FFVI) 1 vote
23. Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) 1 vote
24. Chisato Madison (SO2) 1 vote
25. Kitten Sith (FFVII) 1 vote
26. Relm Arrowny (FFVI) 1 vote
27. Cecil Harvey (FFIV) 1 vote
28. PringerX/Z 1 vote
29. Kurogane 1 vote
30. Albel Nox 1 vote
31. Yomiko Readman 1 vote

Final Decisions on Characters (Characters after 21 are choices made by myself based on who I can write well and think would be interesting):

1. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) - stage used
2. Vincent (FFVII, FFVII:DoC) - stage used
3. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone) - stage used
4. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) - stage used
5. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) - stage used
6. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
7. Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) - stage used
8. Overlord Laharl (Disgaea) - stage used
9. Link (Legend of Zelda) - stage used
10. Beauty Queen Etna (Disgaea) - stage used
11. Tina/Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - stage used
12. Squall (FFVIII) - stage used
13. Auron (FFX) - stage used
14. Cloud (FFVII) - starge used
15. Master Chief (Halo) - stage used
16. Dante (Devil May Cry)
17. Michael Jackson (Michael Jackson) - stage used
18. Vyse (SoA) - stage used
19. Alucard (Hellsing) - stage used
20. Tidus (FF X) - stage used
21. Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft III) - stage used
22. Magus Zeal (Chrono Trigger) - stage used
23. Will/Freedan/Shadow (Illusion of Gaia) - stage used
24. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim) - stage used
25. Kratos (GoW) - stage used
26. Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till End of Time) - stage used
27. Samus Aran (Super Metroid) - stage used
28. Mario (Mario Bros.) - stage used
29. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) - stage used
30. Yomiko Readman (Read or Die) - stage used
31. Cecil Harvey (FFIV) - stage used
32. Shadow (FFVI) - stage used

Brackets:

1st Match: Earthworm Jim vs. Tidus
2nd Match: Fei Fong Wong vs. Magus Zeal
3rd Match: Shadow vs. Squall Leonhart
4th Match: Ryu Hayabusa vs. Gandalf
5th Match: Samus Aran vs. Yomiko Readman
6th Match: Kurosaki Ichigo vs. Sonic the Hedgehog
7th Match: Michael Jackson vs. Alucard (Hellsing)
8th Match: Mario vs. Auron
9th Match: Drizzt Do'Urden vs. Vincent Valentine
10th Match: Master Chief vs. Vyse
11th Match: Overlord Laharl vs. Terra Branford
12th Match: Cecil Harvey vs. Kratos
13th Match: Majin Etna vs. Will
14th Match: Link vs. Cloud Strife
15th Match: Dante vs. Illidan Stormrage
16th Match: Albel Nox vs. Alucard (Castlevania)

Anyone who wishes to bet has 10,000 gold with which to do so. The first match is between Earthworm Jim and Tidus. The fight will likely be posted Saturday night.

Zante
11-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Betting 1,000 on Tidus.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-03-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll bet 1,500 on Tidus.

Zeromus_X
11-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I'll bet 1,000 on Tidus, I suppose. :cat:

Rocket Edge
11-03-2006, 09:01 PM
$1000 on Tidus please.

Strider
11-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Aw, come on now. 500 on my boy Jim.

RiseToFall
11-04-2006, 01:28 AM
500 on Tidus - Jim is cool, but in the end, he's still just a worm.

NINJA_Ryu
11-04-2006, 03:35 AM
500 on Tidus - Jim is cool, but in the end, he's still just a worm.

Rase
11-04-2006, 10:18 AM
1,000 on Tidus.

McLovin'
11-04-2006, 03:56 PM
2000 on Tidus.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-04-2006, 04:08 PM
May i join?

If so then i would like to bet 300 on Tidus.

McLovin'
11-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Are you still accepting Battlefields? If so then here is one:

Caslte Magus

http://www.videogamesprites.net/ChronoTrigger/Objects/Objects/Magus's%20Castle.gif

A place which gives Magus the upper when dealing with those who enter his domain. Hiding in the shadows Magus can toy with his opponents in this maze like battleground. Anyone good with shadow magic or stealth would have an upper hand in this battle field.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Due to the lack of battlefields, I'm doing something a bit different. A random number is selected for each match, the same number being unselectable for later matches until all stages have been used. That determines whose battlefield the fight takes place on. I've had some imput on battlefield ideas, and some that were submitted have also been taken into account.

This fight is taking place on Albel Nox's battlefield.

Cameras whirled around the top of a large castle keep. The stone was a rough, yellow-ish color, likely sandstone, and the top was relatively flat, marred only by the natural shape of the stones that had went into its construction.

Floating screens displaying cheering crowds hovered around the castle, and the air was filled with a tangible excitement. Above the stadium stood a floating platform with a young man leaning over the microphone. He had black hair and wore a simple white shirt and jeans. His posture was decidedly slumped, and his eyes had heavy bags.

"Greetings," he said in a somewhat disinterested voice. "This is L, your announcer for this tournament. Today marks the first battle the Grand Tournament has seen in nine months, eleven hours, and eighteen minutes. It should be an exciting match."

Two figures stepped onto the field. One appeared to be a large worm inside of a white, extremely muscular suit with blue gloves and a red gun in its right hand. The other was a young man with short blonde hair, a yellow jacket with a white hood that ended just below his chest, and black shorts that were held up by suspender straps over his shoulders. In his right hand he held a long sword with a rich blue blade and gold markings running up the side of it. The blade was oddly shaped, with jagged edges along it, and the hilt was wrapped in blue and ended on a bulbous gold pommel.

"The first match is between Earthworm Jim and Tidus. Begin."

"Eat Cow!" Jim screamed, aiming his blaster at Tidus and unleashing a blast of energy at him.

"Whoa!" Tidus yelled, rolling to the side and out of the way of the blast.

The energy slammed into the ground where Tidus had just been standing and scorched the stones, blackening them.

Grunting, Tidus righted himself, red magic playing along his fingertips.

"Haste!" he shouted, just as Jim fired another blast at him.

Moving with speed far greater than he had before, Tidus sidestepped the blast and began running around Jim.

Trying to follow his movement, Jim released several more blasts from his gun, but none of them connected.

"Firaga!" Tidus yelled, hurling a wave of fire from his hand.

The fire hit Jim full on, blasting him backwards. Jim reached into his suit and withdrew another gun, firing a missile at Tidus.

Tidus dodged away, but the missile started following him.

Swearing, he began to run as Jim fired a two more, all of which began circling Tidus.

Tidus swore. Bringing his sword to bear, he charged forward, unleashing three successive slashes. Each missle was split apart, the halves falling uselessly to the side around him before exploding.

Tidus turned, just in time to see Jim brandishing a gun that resembled a huge brick house.

"What the hell?" he said.

Just as the words left his mouth, the gun exploded, along with the entire castle around him.

Gasps came from the assembled spectators and L looked slightly less bored than usual as the castle crumbled beneath them in a massive cloud of dust.

As the dust cleared, Jim stood atop the rubble, a triumphant look on his face. The spectators cheered as L drew himself up to declare Jim the victor.

Suddenly, a green light flashed under the rubble Jim was standing on top of. Perplexed, Jim looked down just in time to see a blade flash in an upward arc.

For a brief moment, nothing happened. Then Jim's power suit began to pull apart, before splitting neatly down the middle and falling to either side.

Tidus burst from the rubble just in time to catch the little earthworm as it fell to the ground. Grinning, he looked up at L, who raised his hand.

"Tidus wins."

The next battle is between Fei Fong Wong and Magus Zeal. It will take place on Brinstar. The fight will likely be posted on Wednesday or Thursday. Betting will remain open until then.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 11,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 11,500
Zeromus_X: 11,000
Strider: 9,500
RisetoFall: 10,500
Ninja_Ryu: 10,500
Rase: 11,000
Magus of Zeal: 12,000
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 10,300
Traffic: 11,000

McLovin'
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Mwahahaha. I am richer than you all....for now. :(

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Don't forget to place your bet.

The Triumphant Hero
11-05-2006, 10:09 PM
5,000 on Magus Zeal

NINJA_Ryu
11-05-2006, 10:16 PM
5,250 on the big MZ

StarlightAngel
11-05-2006, 10:20 PM
3,000 on Fei

McLovin'
11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh yeah.

4000 on Magus!

Rase
11-05-2006, 10:39 PM

2,000 on Fei Fong Wong.

Rocket Edge
11-05-2006, 10:51 PM
You didn't count my bet in BTV.

1000 on Magus please.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-06-2006, 12:52 AM
I would like to bet 200 on Magus...

Zante
11-06-2006, 05:57 AM
1,000 on Magus.

RiseToFall
11-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Current: 10,500

Bet:1,000 on Fei

Elite Lord Sigma
11-08-2006, 04:09 AM

3,500 on Magus.

Zeromus_X
11-08-2006, 04:16 AM

1,000 on Magus.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Cameras spun around a large platform suspended over a pool of lava. The platform appeared to be a large, earthen structure with no visible method of suspension, and the lava bubbled ominously behind it. Every so often, the shadow of a large beast would slither through the lava, eliciting gasps from the audience displayed on floating television screens.

Above the battlefield on his floating platform, L leaned heavily on the railing, the microphone near his mouth.

A muscular man with blue-tinged skin and pale white hair stood on one side of the battlefield. He had pointed ears and a flowing red cloak, as well as purple trousers, leather boots, and a leather vest. In one hand, he held a long-bladed scythe with a polished black haft that was shod with steel at the bottom.

On the other side of the battlefield stood a young man with brown hair tied in a long ponytail, with an additional tail falling to the right side of his face. He wore a simple white tunic with blue trim, and green trousers for ease of movement. His shoes were simple green boots, and his wrists were bound with red cloth, but he bore no weapon.

"Hello again," L said disinterestedly. "The next battle will be between Magus Zeal and Fei Fong Wong. Begin."

Assuming a ready stance with his fists extended, Fei shot forward like a bullet, unleashing a swift right punch to Magus' face.

In a twirl of red fabric, Magus jumped back, adeptly dodging the attack.

Without missing a beat, Fei pressed forward, bringing his right arm back to a guard position and punching at Magus' chest with his left arm.

Magus twisted to his right, twirling around Fei's arm. Extending his own right arm, Magus swept his scythe at Fei's waist level.

The muscles in his leg bunching, Fei leapt into the air, easily clearing Magus' scythe and hurling himself several feet into the air.

Twisting in midair, Fei snapped his arm down and released a ball of red energy at Magus.

Eyebrows furrowing in concentration, Magus extended his left hand, black energy gathering around it. The ball slammed into the mass of energy and pushed against it for a moment, before Magus contemptously tossed it aside.

Fei landed on the ground a few feet away from Magus and pushed off again, flipping up a small incline on the battlefield.

Raising his arm, Magus gathered yellow energy around him.

Fei crouched low and began gathering red energy again, this time forming the ball with both hands. Thrusting his hands forward, he released the ball, which sped towards Magus just as he raised his hand and released a stream of lightning.

The lightning crackled and sparked around the landscape, tearing Fei's attack apart and dispersing it with no difficulty and carrying through to strike Fei.

Fei screamed in pain as the lightning struck him, before falling backwards.

As he recovered, Magus began chanting in an unintelligable language. Gray spheres gathered around him, and as he pointed at Fei black magic formed around him, creating a hole of blackness that swallowed him utterly.

As the magic dispersed, a giant lizard emerged from the lava. It had one eye and spines running along its yellow belly. With a mighty swipe of its claws, it slashed the battlefield, which began to rotate just as Fei appeared, apparently unconcious and laying on the ground.

As the battlefield turned, Fei's body began to slide down, soon to fall into the lava pit. Magus watched impassively, his gaze on L who was watching intently.

Fei's body was suddenly enveloped in a burst of blue energy. A figure leapt from the ground with blinding speed punched Magus in the chest, sending him flying backwards and skidding along the ground, stopping just as the battlefield ceased its rotation.

Standing where Fei once was was a figure with burning red eyes and long, flowing red hair. His face was filled with cold malice, and he looked upon Magus as one might look upon an ant before crushing it.

Magus quickly rose, using his magic to hover into the air, where he stood just a few inches above the ground.

"Who the hell are you?" he spat, blood trickling down his mouth.

"I am Id," the man replied. "And you are going to die."

His eyes shining with cruel anticipation, Id shot forward once more, moving faster than Magus' eyes could follow. The sound of bones cracking filled the arena as Id delivered a swift combination of punches to Magus' chest, following through with a powerful kick that sent him flying off the edge.

Righting himself in midair and spitting blood, Magus angrily began incanting a spell in a powerful voice. Raising his hand, he cried out in a booming voice.

"DARK MATTER!"

Id's expression was impassive as a mass of black energy swept over the battlefield and tore through it. The assault continued for several seconds, something akin to the stary night sky appearing within the center of the spell.

Coughing blood, Magus clutched his chest. His breathing was heavy and rasping, but in his right hand he gathered several gray spheres around him.

Standing in the center of what was now a half-destroyed platform, Id stood surrounded in arcing energy. Without missing a beat, Magus released the spell, a globe of gray magic converging around Id.

The magic encased him and expanded, before exploding and leaving a focused crater amongst the general devestation of the battlefield.

From that crater, a figure leapt. Magus turned his head upward and unleashed a torrent of flame around him, but to no avail.

His hair and flesh singed from the flames, Id burst through them and delivered a powerful punch to Magus, sending his body spiraling down towards the lava.

At the last moment, several small, floating probes created a net of energy that caught Magus just before he was lost to the lava. The energy encasulated him and the probes began to carry him off to the infirmary for healing.

Id stood laughing on the battlefield for several moments before suddenly clutching his head and screaming in pain. He collapsed on the ground and his hair changed to brown. Several more probes emerged and began to carry off the unconcious body of Fei Fong Wong, taking him to the infirmary as well.

"Well well well," L said with mild interest. "Fei Fong Wong is the winner."

The next battle is between Shadow and Squall Leonhart. It will take place in Teldrassil, Kalimdor. The fight will likely be posted on Saturday or Sunday. Betting will remain open until then.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 10,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 8,000
Zeromus_X: 10,000
Strider: 9,500
RisetoFall: 11,500
Ninja_Ryu: 5,250
Rase: 13,000
Magus of Zeal: 8,000
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 10,300
Traffic: 10,000
Starlight Angel: 13,000
Triumphant Hero: 5,000

RiseToFall
11-09-2006, 07:47 AM
I knew my boy Fei would come through.;)

Still deciding on next battle.

Zante
11-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Nice battle, I totaly didn't expect the ending, guess I should have paid more attention to Fei's bio. :p

The next one's not easy to decide... While Squall would seem like the stronger of the two, Shadow has all those ninja tricks going for him...I guess I go with Shadow, just cause he is cool.

Betting 1,000 on Shadow

The Triumphant Hero
11-09-2006, 12:14 PM
3,000 on Squall

Strider
11-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Gimme 1,000 on Shadow!

Elite Lord Sigma
11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Hmm...this is a tough one...I'll have to go with 1,000 on Squall.

NINJA_Ryu
11-09-2006, 07:44 PM
thousand on shadow

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I will bet 300 on Shadow.

Rocket Edge
11-10-2006, 08:15 PM
7000 on Squall please.

Spammerman
11-10-2006, 08:36 PM
If I can bet, 1000 on Squall.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Two figures stood attop a huge tree, standing on separate branches. The tree itself looked somewhat twisted and befoul, but was overall extremely strong and sturdy-looking.

One of the figures was a young man in a leather jacket topped in white fur, a white undershirt, and black leather pants. He had a prominent scar across his face, and held a strange weapon in his right hand that appeared to be a sword with a revolver for the hilt. From his neck hung an amulet that was shaped somewhat like a lion's head.

The other figure was dressed all in black. His face was covered with a mask, and he had a blue visor just above his eyes. Strapped on his back was a straight-bladed sword of moderate length, and a black dog with orange bands on his face sat patiently at his legs.

L seemed to sigh into his microphone as his platformed hovered above and around the tree along with countless cameras and floating screens.

"The next battle is between Squall Leonhart and Shadow. Begin."

"Go, Interceptor!" Shadow hissed as he vaulted to a higher branch.

With a loud howl, Interceptor jumped to a lower branch and began advancing on Squall as Shadow jumped effortlessly across the higher branches.

Planting himself steadily on his own branch, Squall extended his gunblade towards Shadow. His eyes began glowing with an unearthly blue light as Shadow and Interceptor moved in on their target.

Drawing his blade in one fluid motion, Shadow thrust it at Squall's chest just as Interceptor leapt at him and bit at his throat, the two crossing in midair without touching.

A strikingly beautiful woman with pale blue skin and an icy gown appeared in front of Squall, her arms wrapped around him as if she were embracing him. Interceptor's teeth sunk into her mass of long blue hair and Shadow's blade pierced her in the back.

She cried out in pain as the blade sunk into her, but remained where she was, protecting Squall from harm.

"Diamond Dust!" Squall shouted.

Shadow and Interceptor were pushed back as ice began gathering around him. Shadow raised his blade into a guard stance and Interceptor bared his teeth as the woman uncoiled from Squall's body and raised her hands, before unleashing a torrent of ice.

As the ice burst forth, Shadow and Interceptor split, leaping to other tree branches to escape the attack.

As the ice enshrouded the tree, the woman snapped and it shattered into icy fragments. When the ice had settled, the woman was gone.

Squall whirled around as Shadow descended upon him, blocking the blade with his gunblade.

Just as his eyes turned fiery red, Interceptor leapt up from under him, only to sink its teeth into the tough, muscular arm of a huge, bestial humanoid with a fiery mane and brown horns who was protecting Squall from harm.

"Hellfire!" Squall shouted.

Shadow and Interceptor leapt back as the beast roared, flames gathering around it. Creating a massive ball of flame, the beast leapt into the air as Shadow jumped away and hurled the flame at him.

The ball of fire exploded under Shadow just as he was in the process of leaping to another branch, the explosion blasting him away and scorching his back.

Shadow caught himself on another branch and righted himself as Interceptor leapt from branch to branch, rushing to his side. As he stood, a loud crack was heard echoing through the branches.

Shadow staggered, blood staining his mask. His hand went to his chest, which had started to bleed profusely.

Squall stood calmly on another branch, his gunblade in hand and pointed at Shadow.

As Shadow's muscles tensed, another crack resounded through the trees and he staggered backwards even more. Another wound appeared on his chest and it, too, began to bleed.

Gasping for air beneath his mask, Shadow fell to his knees, his head bowed.

L stood for a moment, observing as Squall kept his gunblade trained on Shadow. Interceptor stood at Shadows side, completely motionless, although it appeared to be glaring at Squall with fierce black eyes.

After a short mental count, L took a breath.

"Squall is the winner."

The next battle is between Ryu Hayabusa and Gandalf. It will take place Laguna Loire's battlefield, the specifics of which will be announced shortly. The fight will likely be posted on Monday or Tuesday. Betting will remain open until then.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 9,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 9,000
Zeromus_X: 10,000
Strider: 8,500
RisetoFall: 11,500
Ninja_Ryu: 4,250
Rase: 13,000
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 10,000
Traffic: 17,000
Starlight Angel: 13,000
Triumphant Hero: 8,000
link31793: 11,000

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Oops! I missed the last one! xD

I'll bet 2,000 on Gandalf. :cat:

Rase
11-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Glad I forgot to bet. :D

5,000 of Gandalf.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Shame that Shadow didn´t use magicite to strike back...:(

Anyway i want to bet 1500 on Gandalf please.

RiseToFall
11-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Glad I forgot to bet. :D

Same thing here.

Anyway, 500 on Ryu.

Zante
11-12-2006, 02:51 PM
I expected Shadow to do better, it was cool to have Interceptor in there though. :D

2,000 on Gandalf.

Spammerman
11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
1000 on gandalf

NINJA_Ryu
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I expected Shadow to do better, it was cool to have Interceptor in there though. :D

2,000 on Gandalf.

StarlightAngel
11-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Hmmm... I'm probably going to regret this, but 3000 on Gandalf.

The Triumphant Hero
11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
I'll go 4000 on Gandalf: Arnor pwns Ninja

RiseToFall
11-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Damn, I'm the only one who voted for Ryu. *runs to edit post*

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 05:06 PM
1. kasumi (dead or alive 2)
2. helena (dead or alive 2)
3. lei long (soul blade)
4. Hwoarang (tekken 3)
5. Neo (the matrix)
6. seraph (the matrix: reloaded)
7. sephiroth (FF7)
8. Gado (bloody roar 2)
9. Kadaj (FF7: AC)
10. Freddy krueger (Nighmare on Elm street)

fire_of_avalon
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Three grand from the lady on Gandalf, if you'd be so kind. And make sure I remember this.

Rocket Edge
11-13-2006, 06:58 PM
2000 on Gandalf please.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-13-2006, 09:44 PM
3. lei long (soul blade)
4. Hwoarang (tekken 3)
5. Neo (the matrix)
7. sephiroth (FF7)
8. Gado (bloody roar 2)

You're too late for that.

Anyway, I'll wager 2,000 on Gandalf.

Fatal Impurity
11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
3. lei long (soul blade)
4. Hwoarang (tekken 3)
5. Neo (the matrix)
7. sephiroth (FF7)
8. Gado (bloody roar 2)

You're too late for that.

Anyway, I'll wager 2,000 on Gandalf.

Dammit!!!!! oh well i'll watch and ponder my inadequecy.....:( is it possible for me to bet a 1,000 on ryu hayabusa?

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Two figures stood in a verdant jungle lush with greenery and filled with the chatter of birds and animals.

On one side was a man clad all in black with a mask covering his face and hair. His arms were bare and muscular, and he held a short, curved blade in his right hand. His hands were covered with gloves, and a black scarf trailed behind him, fluttering weakly in the wind.

The other man was aged and stately-looking, with a long and impressive snow-white beard, pristine white robes, and a long white staff clutched tightly in his right hand, and in his left was a rune-emblazoned longsword that seemed to hum with magic.

L's platform hovered above the jungle along with various cameras and floating screens.

"The next battle is between Ryu Hayabusa and Gandalf the White," he said, idly flipping through a book that appeared to have the words "Return of the King" written on the spine. "Begin."

Ryu took off at a run, his body whistling through the wind as he leapt into the air and seemed to blur before appearing right before Gandalf, his blade extended.

Gandalf raised his head and looked Ryu in the eye while simultaneously raising his staff.

Ryu collided with an invisible force in midair, and audible grunt escaping his lips as his body seemed to crumple around it.

With a twist of his arm, Gandalf brought his staff to the side, hurling Ryu like a rag doll through the air.

Ryu smashed into a tree and fell to the ground. Grunting, he quickly leapt to his feet, bringing his blade into a guard position.

reaching into his clothes, he snapped his wrist and unleashed a barrage of three shurikens.

Gandalf raised his staff in front of him and the shurikens exploded in midair. The air seemed to ripple with force and in an instant Ryu was blown off his feet.

Gandalf tapped his staff onto the ground and a ring of fire appeared around Ryu as he again rose to his feet. As the ring of fire moved upward in an attempt to encircle him, Ryu leapt into the air and released several more shurikens.

Without dismissing the flames, Gandalf raised his staff and stopped the shurikens. They hung in the air for a moment before flinging themselves back at Ryu, embedding themselves in his chest.

As Ryu screamed in pain, Gandalf lowered his staff and flung Ryu's body downward, through the dome of flame and into the ground at the very center.

Gandalf looked up at where L was watching and began to slowly close the ring of fire around Ryu.

L watched intently for a moment before giving his verdict.

"Gandalf is the winner."

The next battle is between Samus Aran and Yomiko Readman. It will take place in Mordor. The fight will be posted on Monday at the earliest, as I will be home and without a main computer to write this thing. Betting will remain open until then.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 11,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 11,000
Zeromus_X: 12,000
RisetoFall: 11,000
Ninja_Ryu: 6,250
Rase: 18,000
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 11,500
Traffic: 19,000
Starlight Angel: 16,000
Triumphant Hero: 12,000
link31793: 12,000
fire_of_avalon: 13,000
omegaweapon2005: 9,000

Spammerman
11-16-2006, 01:04 PM
2000 on Yomiko

Fatal Impurity
11-16-2006, 01:35 PM
3,000 on samus!!! hell yeah!

Zante
11-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I looked up that Yomiko gall... She has like the lamest power ever. :p

Betting 3,000 on Samus

Rocket Edge
11-16-2006, 05:46 PM
19,000 on Samus please. It would be rude of me to go against my Smash brothers regular. :monster:

The Triumphant Hero
11-16-2006, 08:29 PM
8,000 on Samus

Spammerman
11-16-2006, 09:59 PM
19,000 on Samus please. It would be rude of me to go against my Smash brothers regular. :monster:

If you lose ill laugh, and give you 1000.

fire_of_avalon
11-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Ooo, this is tough. Void is a tricky one. I'll have to think on it.

Spammerman
11-16-2006, 10:26 PM
A wierd gun or a person who can control paper. think about it. this should be stickied.

RiseToFall
11-16-2006, 10:49 PM
1000 on Samus

StarlightAngel
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM
While I like Yomiko's powers... Samus has a gun.

3000 on Samus. Hope I don't guess wrong.

Rocket Edge
11-17-2006, 03:41 PM
If you lose ill laugh, and give you 1000.
:monster: ...I just hope i ain't wrong.

Spammerman
11-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Youll have 38k if u win.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-17-2006, 08:56 PM
300 on Samus!

McLovin'
11-17-2006, 09:00 PM

5000 on Samus.

NINJA_Ryu
11-18-2006, 12:39 AM
2000 on samus

pretty tough, can make anything with paper vs bounty hunter, good luck in making this a good one Void!

Elite Lord Sigma
11-18-2006, 12:46 AM
2,000 on Samus.

fire_of_avalon
11-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Three thousand on Yomiko.

Spammerman
11-20-2006, 03:13 AM
foa just got cool points

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Lightning crackled around the blasted plains of Mordor as two figures faced off.

One was a busty young woman with long black hair, glasses, a white button-up shirt, black slacks, a red tie, a brown vest, and a light brown overcoat. She carried a large brown suitcase with her, and looked slightly disheveled and unaware.

The other was a person of indetermined gender in a large orange power suit. The right arm tapered off into a cannon, the shoulders were bulky, and the face was obscured by a green visor.

As the cameras and television screens whirled around, L sat hunched over his platform, the microphone near his mouth and pointed downward.

"The next battle is between Yomiko Readman and Samus Aran. Begin."

Samus immediately charged forward, causing Yomiko to yelp in surprise and kick open her suitcase. Piles of paper began flying out, causing Samus to slow to a stop and jump back warily, just in time to dodge a lash from an elongated whip of paper.

The paper whirled around Yomiko like a cyclone, obscuring her from view. Samus seemed to study the paper for awhile, before unleashing a flurry of three missiles at it.

The missiles exploded, leaving large blackened holes in the cyclone.

Slowing the paper, Yomiko raised her hand and shot several paper darts at Samus.

Samus raised her gun in a defensive position as the daggers slammed into her armor, but were unable to penetrate it in the least. Energy began to gather around the gun as Yomiko started running, her hands weaving patterns in the air.

Samus leveled her gun at Yomiko and unleashed a burst of brilliant blue energy. Yomiko seemed to sqeak before raising her hands, as if making an effort to shield her face.

A wall of paper emerged from around her, creating a shield that took the blast full-force, albeit not without suffering heavy damage.

When the beam subsided, Samus was nowhere to be seen, and much of the paper that had been used as a shield was blackened and charred.

The sound of missiles being fired caused Yomiko's head to snap upward, just in time to see three missiles arcing at her. A look of sudden concentration on her face, she hurled three knives of paper at the missiles, which easily sliced through them and caused them to explode in midair.

Yomiko whirled just in time to see an orange ball rolling up behind her. Samus popped up and reverted to her normal state just as Yomiko jumped back, two buzzsaws of paper appearing in front of her.

Samus leapt into the air, curling into a ball and dropping several mines before leaping again and easily clearing Yomiko.

Yomiko raised her hands over her head and the buzzsaws shot upward, slicing through the mines before they could explode on her.

Samus rolled up to Yomiko while she was distracted and drew back her gun arm, before unleashing a mighty punch that sent Yomiko flying with a yelp of pain.

Yomiko landed on the ground hard, her glasses tumbling off her face and her body bouncing a few times before coming to a halt, her face planted into the ground. Samus raised her gun arm and began charging energy, pointing it directly at Yomiko, but her opponent already appeared incapacitated, her eyes swirling about inside her head.

L watched carefully, counting in his head, before speaking into the microphone.

"Samus is the winner."

The next battle is between Kurosaki Ichigo and Sonic the Hedgehog. It will take place at the Neverland Ranch. The fight will be posted probably on Friday or Saturday.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 14,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 13,000
Zeromus_X: 12,000
RisetoFall: 12,000
Ninja_Ryu: 8,250
Rase: 18,000
Magus of Zeal: 13,000
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 11,800
Traffic: 38,000
Starlight Angel: 19,000
Triumphant Hero: 20,000
link31793: 10,000
fire_of_avalon: 10,000
omegaweapon2005: 12,000

Spammerman
11-21-2006, 11:36 PM
1000 Kurosaki. Go Soul Reapers!

Zeromus_X
11-22-2006, 12:46 AM
I always miss these. xD

3,000 on Ichigo.

By the way...is the announcer here the same L from Death Note?

NINJA_Ryu
11-22-2006, 01:29 AM
You make me sad , but i must ask, what limit does sonic have? He is a pretty fast guy...

900 on sonic

if sonic has super and chaos, might be difficult

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-22-2006, 06:10 AM
As a note, Sonic will be able to access Super Sonic if necessary in the battle. He will also have access to Chaos Control.

Ichigo, on the other hand, will have access to all abilities shown in the manga up to the current chapter.

Edit: As as to who L is, well, what do you think? :p

Zante
11-22-2006, 12:36 PM
1,000 on Sonic

Rocket Edge
11-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Great, i knew Samus would prevail. This is a tough one...

Fatal Impurity
11-22-2006, 01:00 PM
250 on ichigo...im playing it safe...

McLovin'
11-23-2006, 08:59 PM
hmm...I'll bet 1000 on Sonic. Speed can come in handy.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-23-2006, 11:39 PM
I bet 200 on Sonic like Magus said speed could come in handy.

Rase
11-24-2006, 12:23 AM
1,000 on Sonic.

Rocket Edge
11-24-2006, 06:06 PM
2000 on Sonic please. Although i think Ichigo is strong, Sonic has abilities that are scary when in Super, Dark Super, Ultra or Hyper form.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-24-2006, 06:06 PM
500 on Sonic.

StarlightAngel
11-24-2006, 06:28 PM
3,000 on Ichigo.

Hedgehog vs. Soulreaper/Vizard? No contest XP

RiseToFall
11-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Current: 12000
Bet: 1000 - Sonic

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Two figures faced off in a strange, theme park-like area.

Standing on top of a rollercoaster with his arms folded across his chest was a strange blue creature. He appeared to be wearing nothing but red running shoes and white gloves, and aside from his tan underbelly, he was completely blue. He had an elongated snout with a round black nose, and several blade-like spikes descending along his back, almost like a saw blade. His green eyes were wide, and his expression was cocky. In his right hand he was tossing a green emerald idly, catching it with ease.

Standing atop a stationary merry-go-round was a young boy in his mid-teens. He had spikey orange hair and what seemed to be a perpetually grim (some might almost say "pissed off") expression on his face. He wore a black hakama and kimono that billowed gently in the wind. His feet were covered in white socks and he wore sandals with a high back that covered his heels. Slung over his back was a huge blade-shaped object wrapped in bandages. A thin hilt without any traditional pomel or guard protruded from the mass of bandages and poked up over his right shoulder. A red strap ran along his chest, presumably holding the blade in place.

As the cameras and television screens whirled around the combatants, L looked on board, absently munching on what appeared to be little crackers with koalas painted on them and chocolate inside them while holding an open manga with the word "Bleach" stamped on the cover in front of him.

"The next battle is between Sonic the Hedgehog and Kurosaki Ichigo," he said between bites. "Begin."

Sonic began running along the tracks, quickly increasing speed until he resembled a blue blur.

Watching him closely, Ichigo reached back and grasped the hilt of his blade. The bandages fell apart as he drew the blade, swirling around before shrinking into one flowing bandage of moderate length. The blade itself resembled a huge meat cleaver, and the blade was much greater in size than a normal sword.

Sonic leapt into the air and began spinning like a buzzsaw as he arced toward Ichigo.

Ichigo's brow furrowed, and he seemed to vanish as Sonic hit the ground, rolling along on it before quickly recovering and skidding across the ground in a crouching position, his hands on the ground and ready to help launch him into the air. The emerald was still in his right hand, and it seemed to be glowing with an eerie light.

Ichigo appeared in front of Sonic, his blade extended.

"You've got some good moves there!" he said in a gruff voice.

"You too," Sonic said. "You're a lot faster than I expected!"

Ichigo chuckled. "If you think that's speed, you haven't seen anything yet!"

"I could say the same!" Sonic replied before shooting forward.

Ichigo drew back in surprise before shooting forward and appearing behind Sonic.

"Getsuga Tenshou!" he yelled.

A shockwave of blue energy sliced through the ground, tearing a large rift in the earth and moving at Sonic with unearthly speed.

"Damn!" Sonic yelled. "CHAOS CONTROL!"

Green energy flared up around Sonic just before the energy hit him. The energy swept past where Sonic had been standing and continued onward, slashing the roller coaster in half.

As the roller coaster began to collapse, Sonic appeared behind Ichigo, descending on him and spinning like a buzzsaw.

Ichigo whirled around and raised his blade, causing Sonic to collide with it.

Sparks flew as Ichigo pushed off, throwing Sonic backwards.

Sonic recovered nimbly and landed in a low crouch.

In the blink of an eye, both combatants shot forward, and again Sonic met Ichigo's blade, neither gaining ground.

Blue energy flared to life around Ichigo as he clutched his blade firmly while Sonic pushed back with equal ferocity.

"Getsuga Tenshou!" he howled.

Sonic shot into the air as the shockwave lifted him higher and higher. He did a backflip before landing on the ground, blood running down his cheek.

"Chaos Control!" he shouted, again disappearing in a flash of green light.

"Getsuga Tenshou!" Ichigo shouted, whirling his sword around just as Sonic appeared behind him and shot forward.

Again Sonic collided with the shockwave and was swept backward. As he was flying, he seemed to glow with golden light, which quickly exploded and illuminated the area.

When the light returned to normal, Sonic stood floating just above the ground, his spikes whipping and golden light flowing around him.

Ichigo turned and grinned wolfishly.

"Interesting!" he said.

"Let's go!" Sonic shouted, shooting forward.

Gold light streamed behind him as he collided with Ichigo's sword. Ichigo grunted as Sonic began driving him backwards, the momentum blasting him into the merry-go-round.

The merry-go-round shattered under the force of impact and collapsed as Ichigo righted himself, slicing a few stray beams in half before they hit him.

Ichigo shot forward, but Sonic extended his arm and caught him in midstride, pushing him back and charging into him again. Ichigo grunted in pain as he slid across the ground before coming to a halt just before hitting a teacup ride.

Floating in the air, Sonic advanced on Ichigo, the golden light surging around him.

Coughing a bit of blood and standing, Ichigo smiled.

"Not bad at all," he said. "I guess I can't keep holding back now."

Ichigo raised his sword and extended it, holding it horizontally in front of him as he grasped his right arm with his left, just as Sonic began another charge.

"BAN... KAI!"

Energy surged around Ichigo and he seemed to vanish as Sonic charged past him before turning and skidding across the ground for several feet.

Ichigo was now wearing a ragged black robe that much resembled a trenchcoat with red inner lining. In his hand he held a black katana with a small chain dangling from the end.

Golden energy gathered around Sonic as he charged forward again. Ichigo charged forward to meet him, his sword raised.

Both combatants clashed briefly, before dashing around the battlefield, momentarily colliding and breaking off as they ran everywhere, matching each other's speed perfectly.

After one particularily violent collision, both combatants were pushed back further than normal and brought slightly off balance.

"I think it's time to end this," Ichigo said as he righted himself and brought his blade low, clutching it in both hands. "I don't have full control over this, be careful not to get killed."

Black energy began to swirl around him, gathering at the tip of his blade.

"I'll be fine," Sonic said, gold energy gathering around him. "Let's go!"

Sonic shot forward with blinding speed, gold light trailing behind him.

"GETSUGA TENSHOU!" Ichigo howled, a black burst of energy flying out of his blade and colliding with Sonic.

The energy pushed against Sonic's golden aura for several tense moments. Beads of sweat were visible on both of the combatant's faces as they continued to push against each other.

Ichigo roared and Sonic suddenly began to lose ground. Gasping for air, he continued to push forward, but the onslaught of Ichigo's attack was too much for him. The light around him seemed to shatter, and the black shockwave blasted him backwards, tearing up the landscape around him in a chaotic upheaval.

Sonic hit an Octopus ride hard, and the entire ride collapsed, leaving a huge cloud of dust.

As the dust cleared, Sonic had returned to his normal, blue state. He lay atop the wreakage, his body battered, and clearly unconcious.

"Ichigo is the winner." L proclaimed less-than-enthusiastically.

The next battle is between Michael Jackson and Alucard from Hellsing. It will take place at Dracula's Castle. The fight will be posted on Monday.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 13,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 12,500
Zeromus_X: 15,000
RisetoFall: 11,000
Ninja_Ryu: 7,350
Rase: 17,000
Magus of Zeal: 12,000
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 11,600
Traffic: 36,000
Starlight Angel: 22,000
Triumphant Hero: 20,000
link31793: 11,000
fire_of_avalon: 10,000
omegaweapon2005: 12,250

Zeromus_X
11-25-2006, 09:06 AM
I'll have to bet 3,000 on Alucard. A vampire's castle suits him perfectly.

It will be interesting to see what the King of Pop can come up with, however...:cat:

RiseToFall
11-25-2006, 09:08 AM
LOL

5000 on Alucard: If you've seen the anime, the guy is pretty much invincible. Unless Michael gropes him that is. XD

Edit: Make it 10000: I like to play dangerously.

Zante
11-25-2006, 11:16 AM
I am assuming Michael Jackson is the singer, as I didn't find any other characters with that name. In which case, 7,000 on Alucard.

The Triumphant Hero
11-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Michael Jackson was actually a character in a SNES game - he danced to beat his enemies. No joke.

20,000 on Alucard.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-25-2006, 05:39 PM
6000 on Arucard

I mean what special skills does Michael Jackson have besides "playing" hide and seek with little children?

McLovin'
11-25-2006, 05:50 PM
11,500 on Alucard.

Seriously if Jacko wins..............

NINJA_Ryu
11-25-2006, 06:10 PM
7,348 on Mr. Alucard

yes, all except two duckets on the gunslinger trenchcoatter ^^

Rocket Edge
11-25-2006, 07:36 PM
36,000 on Alucard please. Michael however might introduce his scary 'Wacko Jacko' form during battle.

Rase
11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
17,000 on Alucard.

*waits to lose*

StarlightAngel
11-26-2006, 02:02 AM
21,000 on Alucard

Elite Lord Sigma
11-26-2006, 08:47 PM
What a joke. 12,500 on Alucard, please.

Spammerman
11-26-2006, 10:07 PM
3500 on ALucard

fire_of_avalon
11-27-2006, 07:28 PM
My bank on Alucard, please.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Note: I did not choose Michael Jackson for these fights. You guys did. Personally, I was thinking it was a joke and I am now thinking I should have just taken him out entirely.

But them's the breaks. Free money for all of you. And if you're a Michael Jackson fan, you probably don't want to read this.

Two figures stood facing each other attop the battlements of a huge castle with the full moon in the distance.

One was an imposing figure in a red, wide-brimmed hat, orange-tinted glasses, red overcoat, and tuxedo. His hair was wild, and he wore huge black boots. In one hand he held an extremely long silver pistol. He was grinning, and the smile was decidedly feral, accentuated by sharp fangs protruding from his jaw.

The other man was dressed in a white hat and suit. He had dark skin and curly hair, and was dancing around in place, occassionally moonwalking around the area.

L's seat was empty, and a large white sign was in his place.

"I refuse to be anywhere near that pervert."

Having no announcer, the man in red leveled his gun at his opponent and began shooting him until he was literally riddled with holes. His opponent was dead before he hit the ground.

The next battle is between Mario and Auron. It will take place abord the Delphinus. The fight will be posted on Wednesday or Thursday.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 20,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 25,000
Zeromus_X: 18,000
RisetoFall: 21,000
Ninja_Ryu: 14,698
Rase: 34,000
Magus of Zeal: 23,500
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 17,600
Traffic: 72,000
Starlight Angel: 43,000
Triumphant Hero: 40,000
link31793: 14,500
fire_of_avalon: 20,000

The Triumphant Hero
11-27-2006, 09:36 PM
30,000 on Auron - Mario is probably more popular, but I don't think he'll manage to jump on Auron's head.

Spammerman
11-28-2006, 12:11 AM
5000 Auron

Zeromus_X
11-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Oh man. :( I should've bet everything. :/ Well, gotta be safe.

I'll bet 5,000 on Mario. :cat:

NINJA_Ryu
11-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Well, Micheal was a good idea it seemed, although, his dancing could not save him :(

all on auron

Zante
11-28-2006, 06:33 AM
5,000 on Auron.

Firo Volondé
11-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I assume anyone can join? If I'm wrong feel free to flame me.;)
Anyway, 3000 on Auron.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
4000 on Auron please!

RiseToFall
11-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Current: 21000
Bet:5000 on Auron.

StarlightAngel
11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
30,000 on Auron

Elite Lord Sigma
11-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Just a question. Will Mario have access to any of his moves from the Super Smash Bros. series?

Anyway, I'm going with 5,000 on Auron.

fire_of_avalon
11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I think my choice for a winner should be obvious.

I'm betting the bank again. On Auron.

McLovin'
11-28-2006, 10:11 PM
20,000 on Auron.

Rocket Edge
11-28-2006, 10:27 PM
40,000 big ones on Auron please.

Rase
11-29-2006, 12:08 AM

16,000 on Auron.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Aboard the deck of a huge, sleek flying ship, two figures faced off. The ship itself was gray steel with a purple underbelly. The front of the ship was elongated, with two fins on the bottom of the rear end and a tower-like cockpit. Several propellers rotated along the body and the back of the ship, and several guns were constantly swivelling around.

Cameras and screens swirled around the combatants as L looked on from the cockpit.

The first combatant was plump man with a moustache, blue overalls, a red shirt, and a red hat with the letter "M" emblazoned upon it.

The second combatant was a middle-aged man with fierce, graying black hair, black glasses, and a red overcoat. He wore a black shirt and pants underneath, and had his left arm slung in his jacket casually.

Over his shoulder was slung a massive, curved sword with an elongated hilt. He held it loosely, and his general posture was relaxed. At his side was a huge bottle of sake, which looked like it had seen a good deal of use.

"The next battle is between Mario and Auron. Begin."

Mario leapt high into the air, fire forming in his hands as Auron removed his arm from his jacket and firmly gripped his blade in both hands.

Punching his fist forward, Mario unleashed a ball of flame that hurled itself at Auron with great speed.

Swinging his sword fiercly, Auron split the fireball, causing it to dissipate into whisps of confused fire.

As Mario came down, Auron backed away, energy playing along the side of his blade.

Mario extended his arm in an attempt to punch Auron, who quickly leapt to the side and brought his sword to bear. Hitting the ground, he thrust his blade into it, a massive shockwave emerging and blasting Mario into the air once more.

Crying out in sudden surprise and pain, Mario flew backward, but recovered quickly and began charging forward. Auron brought his sword to a guard position, but Mario utilized his much smaller frame to duck under Auron's guard and release an uppercut punch that sent Auron flying, coins flying out of him as he went.

Landing hard on the ground, Auron rolled to his feet and grasped his sword. As Mario charged again, he brought his sword down once more, planting it in the ground.

Seeing the danger, Mario veered off course, dodging and skidding to a stop just behind Auron.

Gripping his blade in both hands, Auron plucked it from the ground and spun around, unleashing a ferocious swing.

Mario tried to dodge, but at the last moment Auron reversed the blade and smacked Mario with the much broader flat of the blade, sending him flying into the air and sailing off the ship, where he was caught by several safety nets about a mile out.

"Auron is the winner," L said.

The next battle is between Drizzt Do'Urden and Vincent Valentine. It will take place in the Overlord's Castle. The fight will be posted on Saturday or Sunday.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 25,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 30,000
Zeromus_X: 13,000
RisetoFall: 26,000
Rase: 50,000
Magus of Zeal: 43,500
Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 21,600
Traffic: 112,000
Starlight Angel: 73,000
Triumphant Hero: 70,000
link31793: 19,500
fire_of_avalon: 40,000
blitz_king10: 13,000

Spammerman
11-30-2006, 08:33 PM
7000 on Valentine

JKTrix
11-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Whoa, I had no idea these would turn out like this. I just read back from the Yomiko Readman (my entry :p) vs Samus fight, it was great.

I think I'll jump in, I start with 10,000 right?

I know little about Valentine, and even less about Drizzt, but from briefly sizing up their wikipedia entries I'll put 1,000 on Drizzt.

The Triumphant Hero
11-30-2006, 09:53 PM
30,000 on Vincent

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
12-01-2006, 01:05 AM
5400 on Vincent please...

NINJA_Ryu
12-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Thats 4000 on vince

Zeromus_X
12-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Well, I'm just not very good at this. xD

I'll bet 5,000 on Vincent.

RiseToFall
12-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Current:26,000
Bet: 2500 on Vincent

Zante
12-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Drizzt and Vince are two of my fave chars, I can't wait for this battle. I expect this to be a close fight... 2,500 on Drizzt.

StarlightAngel
12-01-2006, 03:25 PM
5,000 on Drizzt. I have NO idea who's gonna win off this, so I'll just pick favorites :p

fire_of_avalon
12-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Why on earth would anyone have expected this to turn out any other way? :love:

15,000 on Drizzt.

McLovin'
12-01-2006, 09:24 PM

Don't know a whole lot about Drizzt's but I believe sword power prevails over guns...then again Vincent can transform...

5,000 on Vincent.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-01-2006, 10:17 PM
2,500 on Vincent.

Rase
12-02-2006, 12:16 AM
15,000 on Drizzt Do'Urden.

Firo Volondé
12-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Current: 13000
5000 on Drizzt

Rocket Edge
12-02-2006, 07:50 PM
3000 on Vincent please.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Two figures stood attop the battlements of a huge, spired castle surrounded by lava in the middle of a deadened wasteland.

One of the figures had skin as black as pitch with shock-white hair, a long green cloak, a black suit of chainmail, black trousers and black boots. He also wore a pair of bracers on his legs. Sheathed at his sides were two scimitars, and his hands rested easily on their pommels.

The other combatant was a tall, thin man with black hair and pale skin. He wore a flowing red cloak and his underclothes were black and leather. At his side he carried a three-barrel gun, and his left arm was covered with a gold-colored gauntlet.

From his platform, L leaned over the microphone.

"The next battle will be between Drizzt Do'Urden and Vincent Valentine. Begin."

Drizzt's scimitars leapt into his hands as Vincent drew his gun. Drizzt took off at a run, his body seeming to blur as he moved at a speed far beyond what a normal human is capable of, one of his scimitars glowing an eerie blue as it blurred through the air and trailed light behind it.

Vincent fired several shots at Drizzt, but he was unable to properly aim while Drizzt was running so fast and the shots missed by a wide margin.

Charging forward, Drizzt slashed with the glowing scimitar in his right hand, forcing Vincent to leap backward. Without missing a beat, Drizzt cut in with his left scimitar, which forced Vincent to block with his gauntleted arm.

"Firaga!" Vincent yelled, extending his other hand.

Drizzt leapt back as a torrent of flame burst forth from Vincent's hand and enveloped him.

The flames seemed to dissipate as Drizzt's left scimitar cut through it, it too glowing with a pale blue light. Drizzt appeared unharmed as his blade seemed to suck the flame right out of the air.

"Your spells will not work on me," he said calmly as he rushed forward again, scimitars held low.

"My race is resistant to the effects of magic, and my blade consumes flame that would harm me."

Vincent backed away and leapt into the air, jumping onto a nearby spire.

Leveling his gun at Drizzt, he fired several shots before turning to run along the battlements, not waiting to see if he had hit.

Drizzt dodged to the side of the shots, his legs moving in a blur as he accelerated to catch up with Vincent.

"Come to me, Guenhwyvar," he murmured as black mists formed at his side.

The sound of footfalls upon stone was overwhelmed by the roar of a powerful beast as a lithe black panther leapt forth from the mists, leaping and bounding along the walls as Drizzt moved around to encircle Vincent.

As they closed in, Vincent brought his hand to his face as his body began to change and shift. Huge red wings burst from his back and his skin took on a blueish-black hue. His eyes glowed with yellow as his arms and feet elongated into claw-like appendages.

Without missing a beat, Drizzt leapt forward, his left scimitar now blazing with a furious light.

Guenhwyvar leapt onto Vincent's back, her teeth sinking into his flesh and drawing blood. Vincent thrashed violently to dislodge her as Drizzt came in low, his right scimitar held in a defensive pose and his left scimitar on the attack.

Vincent raised his right claw to defend himself, but it proved to be a useless endeavor. Sensing the demonic presence before it, Drizzt's scimitar reacted, cutting a deep gash into Vincent's claw before he drew away, his wings beating furiously.

Guenhwyvar leapt onto his right wing and began savagely clawing it as Drizzt swept his right scimitar out, drawing a thin line of blood across Vincent's chest but not penetrating deeply. Vincent roared in pain as he lashed out with his left, unwounded claw.

Swiftly, Drizzt dodged to the side and thrust his left scimitar forward, the blade slicing a deep gash in Vincent's chest as if it were a hot knife to butter.

Pressing the attack, Drizzt drew the scimitar along Vincent's chest, opening a gaping wound. Vincent roared in pain and fell backward as Guenhwyvar nimbly leapt aside, fangs barred and bloodied.

Vincent collapsed on the ground, his body reverting to normal as conciousness left his body.

"Drizzt is the winner," L proclaimed.

The next battle is between Master Chief and Vyse. It will take place in Zanarkand. The fight will be posted on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 27,500
Elite Lord Sigma: 37,500
Zeromus_X: 8,000
RisetoFall: 23,500
Ninja_Ryu: 10,698
Rase: 65,000
Magus of Zeal: 38,500
Traffic: 109,000
Starlight Angel: 78,000
Triumphant Hero: 40,000
link31793: 12,500
JKTrix: 11,000
fire_of_avalon: 55,000
blitz_king10: 18,000

Elite Lord Sigma
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Damn. I knew I should have learned more about Drizzt...

Anyway, 2,500 on Vyse.

The Triumphant Hero
12-05-2006, 01:17 AM
EDIT: 5,000 on Vyse

fire_of_avalon
12-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Who is Vyse?!

Elite Lord Sigma
12-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Who is Vyse?!

The main character of Skies of Arcadia.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Vyse. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Skies_of_Arcadia_characters#Vyse)

Spammerman
12-05-2006, 03:22 AM
2500 on Master Chef.

Edit: Master Chief*

RiseToFall
12-05-2006, 03:25 AM
Damn, this is hard to pick.

Ok, even though I love Vyse as a character, I'm gonna go with.

$5000 on the Chief.

NINJA_Ryu
12-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Question, What weapons is MC limited to?

And i assume he has MJOLNIR Mark VI armor right?

5,000 on MC right now

Zante
12-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Grand fight, Drizzt owns. :D

2,500 on Master Chief.

JKTrix
12-06-2006, 01:17 PM
2,000 on Master Chief

Rocket Edge
12-06-2006, 03:26 PM
5000 on MC please. As good as Vyse is, i can't really see MC losing this one.

StarlightAngel
12-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Wewt, Drizzt!

While I'd really love to bet on Vyse, I'm going to have to go with 5,000 on Master Chief =/

Rase
12-06-2006, 11:00 PM

5,000 on Master Chief

Firo Volondé
12-07-2006, 12:37 AM
4000 on Vyse

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-07-2006, 05:40 PM
In the ruined, pyrefly-shrouded city of Zanarkand, two combatants stepped onto the field.

One was a tall man in heavy battle armor and a visored helmet. The armor was slick and was colored in dark, earthy tones. In his hands he two machine guns, and on his belt was a black handle.

The other combatant was a young boy dressed in a blue coat and black pants. He wore leather boots and carried two cutlasses, one in either hand. His eye was covered with what appeared to be an eyepatch at first glance, but was, in actuality, a goggle. A small scar ran across his right cheek, just under his eye.

"The next fight is between Master Chief and Vyse," L said from his platform as he slowly removed a bread stick covered in chocolate on one end from a brightly colored box. "Begin."

Vyse immediately dodged to the side as Master Chief opened fire, a salvo of bullets bursting forward.

Master Chief continued to fire relentlessly, forcing Vyse to leap behind a ruined column.

With Vyse out of sight, Master Chief flipped the empty clip out of one of his guns and loaded another. After changing the first clip, he changed the second one, making sure to leave himself with a loaded gun at all times.

Master Chief scanned the area where Vyse had been, before leaping to the side as several silver shards appeared and pierced the area he had just been standing in.

Running forward, he leapt high into the air and opened fire at the area Vyse was hiding in. Vyse desperately dove to the side, but his legs and torso were hit by several bullets, causing him to land on the ground, writhing in pain.

Master Chief landed on the ground and sheathed one gun on his back, throwing the other to the side. Removing the black handle from his belt, he put it in his hands, where it opened and extended into a blade of energy. Walking forward, he placed the blade at Vyse's neck as Vyse struggled to rise, gasping for breath and breathing profusely.

Seeing he was beaten, Vyse raised his hands into the air in defeat weakly before passing out from pain and blood loss.

"Master Chief is the winner," L said as medics rushed onto the scene.

The next battle is between Overlord Laharl and Terra Branford. It will take place in the Seireitei. The fight will be posted on Saturday or Sunday.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 30,000
Elite Lord Sigma: 35,000
RisetoFall: 28,500
Ninja_Ryu: 15,698
Rase: 70,000
Traffic: 114,000
Starlight Angel: 83,000
Triumphant Hero: 35,000
link31793: 15,000
JKTrix: 13,000
blitz_king10: 14,000

Elite Lord Sigma
12-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Let's see...Terra has the powers of an Esper...so...

5,000 on Terra.

The Triumphant Hero
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
35,000 on Overlord Laharl (He's level 1200, right?)

Spammerman
12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
I have no idea who either are so I go with 1000 on terra.

StarlightAngel
12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
38,000 on Laharl :)

Zeromus_X
12-07-2006, 11:55 PM
You're a cruel person, Void. >_>

I...I'll just wait to see how this turns out.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Taiyou (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=16492) does my seeding, so blame her :p

Slicksword45
12-08-2006, 12:16 AM
1,000 on Terra.

I feel like i'll regret this :(

Firo Volondé
12-08-2006, 01:31 AM
3,000 on Laharl

NINJA_Ryu
12-08-2006, 01:42 AM
With Espers, and magic on one side, vs someone who i could not discern much info on, ill go 1,000 on tina

RiseToFall
12-09-2006, 07:01 AM
10000 on Laharl.

Zante
12-09-2006, 07:28 AM
2,500 on Laharl.

Rase
12-09-2006, 07:45 AM
30,000 on Laharl.

Rocket Edge
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
65,000 on Laharl please. The guy seems to be really powerful.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Two figures stood at the top of two opposing white towers. Around them were several other towers of varying heights, as well as a craggy cliff face with two huge wooden planks rising from the ground.

One of the figures was a young woman with long green hair tied back by a red ribbon in a ponytail. She wore a red shirt and a short red skirt, and in her delicate hands she carried a sword of glowing energy. Strapped to her left arm was a shield with an ornate winged design on it. It was silver in color and seemed to shine brightly in the sunlight.

The other figure was a young boy with blue hair that ended in two antennae. He had no shirt, but wore a long red cape that billowed in the breeze. Around either wrist was a gold band, and he wore a pair of brown shorts and shoes. In his hands he carried a huge black sword that glowed with energy and had runes running down both sides.

"The next battle is between Terra and Laharl," L began, before he was cut off.

"That's OVERLORD Laharl," Laharl said furiously.

"Of course," L said. "Terra and Overlord Laharl. Begin."

Gripping her sword, Terra sized up her opponent. Laharl turned to face her with a cocky grin.

"Give up and go home, little girl," he taunted. "You can't beat me, I am Laharl, Overlord of the Netherworld!"

"Don't get too cocky, boy," Terra said. "It'll take more than a child to defeat me."

Laharl's eyes suddenly glowed yellow, and his antennae raised into the air.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?" he demanded. "I'M OVER 1,300 YEARS OLD! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!"

Raising his arms, he released several blazing balls of energy into the air.

"OVERLORD'S WRATH!"

The balls of energy descended on Terra, who gasped with surprise and raised her shield. The balls exploded in unison, destroying the tower she'd been standing on and kicking up a massive cloud of dust.

"HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Laharl stood on his tower, cackling maniacally. As the dust cleared, he stopped laughing as a figure emerged from the dust.

A white creature of unearthly beauty with a distinct feminine form and billowing white hair stood suspended in midair. She bore the same sword and shield Terra had held, and she was surrounded by crackling magical energy. However, she was also breathing heavily.

"Hmmm... not bad at all!" Laharl said, grinning. "It looks like you're a bit tougher than a normal human. I guess this will be at least mildly entertaining!"

His cloak extended and took the form of bat wings as he took to the air, bringing his sword down in a vicious arc. Terra raised her sword to block, and bashed with her shield.

Laharl pushed off Terra's blade with his own, moving higher into the air and dodging her shield bash. He came in again hard, forcing Terra to throw her shield up to block the slash.

The power of the stroke drove her downward. Keeping one hand on his blade, Laharl raised his other hand and gathered a ball of dark energy.

"Blazing Fist!" he yelled, punching downward and releasing the energy. Terra again raised her shield but the strength of the ball was too great, blasting her into a tower.

Without waiting for her to recover, Laharl raised his hand and shot a burst of energy into the sky. A huge gate opened in the air, and a massive meteor emerged from it. The meteor began hurtling itself towards the general direction that Terra had fallen.

Laharl flew up onto the meteor and stood on it, cackling maniacally.

"HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The meteor slammed into the fallen tower, knocking several more to the ground and grinding them under its massive weight before exploding.

As the meteor exploded, Laharl leapt into the air, his sword drawn. He carefully surveyed the area, before raising his arm once more.

"Giga Wind!" he shouted.

A huge tornado burst forth from the ground, stirring up the debris and dust and scattering it.

As the dust was blown away, a huge dragon stood over an exhausted looking Terra, its wings outstretched. It roared once, bloody wounds covering its body, before falling forward and dissipating into magical energy.

Gasping for breath, Terra pitched forward, unconcious.

"Laharl is the winner." L said.

The next battle is between Cecil Harvey and Kratos. It will take place on the Farplane. The fight will be posted on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 32,500
Elite Lord Sigma: 30,000
RisetoFall: 38,500
Rase: 100,000
Traffic: 179,000
Starlight Angel: 121,000
link31793: 14,000
JKTrix: 13,000
blitz_king10: 17,000
Slicksword45: 9,000

Rocket Edge
12-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Good read BTV. I'll make up my mind later..

Spammerman
12-10-2006, 06:26 PM
1000 on Kratos

Zante
12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
7,500 on Kratos.

fire_of_avalon
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I need to play more video games. I know who Kratos is, but not enough to know how to vote.

Is this Paladin Cecil or Dark Knight Cecil? And what's his armor/weaponry like?

Zeromus_X
12-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I like Kratos alot, but he can't beat my Cecil.

Edit: Wait, is this God of War or Tales of Symphonia Kratos?

Well, still, 8,000 on Cecil.

Edit: And poor Terra. O_o

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Paladin Cecil vs. Kratos from God of War. All are assumed to have the best possible abilities and equipment.

fire_of_avalon
12-11-2006, 05:26 AM
Bank on Cecil. :D

Fatal Impurity
12-11-2006, 10:58 AM
all my money on kratos!!!

JKTrix
12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
5,000: Kratos

Elite Lord Sigma
12-11-2006, 08:21 PM
So, Cecil's Lightbringer will cast Holy and such?

Anyway, 5,000 on Kratos.

McLovin'
12-11-2006, 10:05 PM
20,000 on Kratos.

Slicksword45
12-12-2006, 01:00 AM
hmmm...

2,000 on kratos *Prays*

Rocket Edge
12-12-2006, 01:02 AM
10,000 on Kratos please.

RiseToFall
12-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Sorry Void, not betting this round.

NINJA_Ryu
12-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Ditto, you cant make me choose!

On one hand, I <3 cecil, but Kratos is mysterious, and i do not know his fullest extent.

therefor, i hold all money within this round.

Firo Volondé
12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Is this FF2 Cecil, Chronicles Cecil, or Advanced Cecil? (On second thoughts, I don't want to know.:( )

Anyway, 5000 on Cecil.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Two figures stood on a rocky crag, Pyreflies floating around them.

One was a bald, extremely muscular man wearing a a skirt and loincloth made of brown animal hide. He was covered in red markings and tattoos, And coiled around his arms were two long chains with a spear-like blade attached the ends. His eyes looked as if they held a rage beyond that of mere mortals, and his face was fixed in a permanent, near-feral scowl.

In definite contrast to the first combatant, the other seemed to radiate a brilliant, holy light that was almost tangible to all watching. He wore golden armor that covered every inch of his body, save his head. From breastplate to greaves, every inch of the armor was polished to an almost mirror sheen, and glowed in an unearthly light. Strapped to his left arm was a golden kite shield with white markings along its base, and in his right hand he held a longsword that blazed with brilliant holy light.

"The next battle is between Kratos and Cecil Harvey. Begin," L said from his floating platform above the battle.

Kratos immediately charged forward, swinging his blades in a spiraling arc towards Cecil.

As one blade arced in, Cecil raised his sword to deflect it. As the chain began to wrap around the blade, an explosion of holy light blasted it backwards. As the second blade came in, Cecil slashed out with his blade, again deflecting the chain in a burst of holy energy.

Grunting, Kratos drew back and withdrew his chains. Extending them again he swung his right arm, following through quickly with his left, causing both chains to arc at Cecil in different directions.

Cecil brought his sword forward, slashing the first blade aside and blocking the other with his shield. As the blade contacted with the shield, the chain began to wrap around it. Quickly, Cecil brought his blade forward and sliced at the chain. Kratos winced in pain as Cecil's sword flared with holy energy, blasting the chain away and unwrapping it from his shield.

As Kratos withdrew his chains, Cecil stepped forward and placed his boot on the chain, before driving his sword down onto it.

Kratos now howled with pain as the sword flared to life with a brilliant light, holy energy pulsing through the blade and shooting up the chain.

Unswaveringly, Cecil continued to drive the blade further down onto the chain. Clenching his jaw, Kratos swung his other chain around and slashed at Cecil.

Cecil stepped back and brought his blade slashing upward, blasting the chain away. He quickly brought the sword back down to slice at the other chain, eliciting yet another roar of pain from Kratos. However, this delay permitted Kratos to recover his chain to a safe resting position.

Roaring, this time with rage, Kratos charged forward, a massive sword materializing in his hands as he charged. Cecil brought his blade and shield into a defensive position, accepting Kratos' first slash with his shield.

Cecil seemed to shake from the impact as Kratos' sword slammed into the shield face, but it did not falter. His arm trembling slightly under the force, he moved forward, pushing Kratos' guard open and thrusting with his own sword.

Kratos screamed as the blade exploded with holy light as it slid into his chest. Roaring with rage he unleashed a burst of crackling magical energy that struck Cecil and blasted him backward.

Cecil's feet dragged along the ground, kicking up dust as he brought himself to a stop. Although he looked like he was in pain, his armor sparkled in the light, mute evidence to its magical and protective properties.

Cecil placed his shield-arm over his chest, his hand over his heart. White light glowed softly from it, and the weariness and pain on his face seemed to ease and vanish.

Kratos snapped his fingers, and a sizzling bolt of lighting appeared in his hand. Grasping it firmly, he hurled it at Cecil, who raised his shield to protect his vitals and crouched behind it, making himself a smaller target.

The bolt hit the shield squarely in the center, exploding in a burst of crackling energy. Without pausing, Kratos hurled another bolt, and then another. Each bolt struck the shield a glancing blow, but didn't penetrate Cecil's defense.

Continuing the onslaught, Kratos raised his other arm, which glowed with necrotic energy.

The pyreflies seemed to take shape as dessicated souls began to form around Kratos and begin to advance on Cecil.

As they grasped towards him, a great light burst forth from behind the shield, forcing Kratos to throw up his hands to shield his eyes. The spirits that had been attacking Cecil disintegrated with a wail, unable to withstand the holy fury.

A crystal of pure blue suspended itself in the air above Cecil, exuding a holy radiance that blinded most everyone watching.

Grasping his sword firmly, Cecil charged forward at the stunned Kratos as the Crystal stripped away his defenses. His expression as hard as steel, Cecil thrust his blade towards Kratos' chest. The blade shone in unison with the crystal, and the light grew brighter still, enveloping the battlefield.

As the light died down, Cecil stood with his shield at his side and his blade thrust outward. Kratos was hunched over the sword, his right lung pierced and his body impaled upon it.

With a shuddering gasp, his body toppled to the ground, the dead weight nearly ripping the sword from Cecil's hands.

As the body slid off the blade and lay on the ground with weak, ragged breathing, L held his hand up.

"Cecil is the winner," he said as White Mages rushed onto the scene to heal Kratos and carry him away on a stretcher.

The next battle is between Majin Etna and Will. It will take place in the Land of the Espers. The fight will be posted on Friday or Saturday. Those who have been eliminated may beg for money from other players, although nobody is obligated to give them more. Do it in the thread only, not by PM.

Current Accounts:

Elite Lord Sigma: 25,000
Zeromus_X: 16,000
RisetoFall: 38,500
Magus of Zeal: 18,500
Traffic: 169,000
Starlight Angel: 121,000
link31793: 13,000
JKTrix: 8,000
fire_of_avalon: 110,000
omegaweapon2005: 0
blitz_king10: 22,000
Slicksword45: 7,000

Firo Volondé
12-14-2006, 12:42 PM
I know a lot of people called Will. Which one will (:cool:)be fighting?
Also, some info on Majin Etna would be appreciated.

fire_of_avalon
12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Allright! Now just Starlight and Traffic are beating me out.

At this point, however, I'm going to sit on my pot for the next three weeks while I am at home. Have a great time with it, y'all.

The Triumphant Hero
12-14-2006, 08:01 PM
60,000 on Etna.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-14-2006, 08:06 PM
You can look on page 2 where I announce the brackets (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1965701&postcount=40) and see what game all of the characters are from.

In this case, Majin Etna is her Disgaea 2 iteration, assumed to have the best equipment. Disgaea 2 allows one to get to the level of 9,999 if you so choose, and while I am downplaying that to some degree it is still having an effect on the battle. When you first encounter Etna in Disgaea 2, she is at level 1,000. What Etna is is a Majin (Demon Lord) of considerable power (Xenon remarks that she's as strong as an Overlord after she beats him into the ground). She often uses a spear and has a horde of prinny minions that she often throws so that they explode as part of her fighting style.

Will is from Illusion of Gaia. He is a young boy with some telekinetic abilities, and he uses his flute as a weapon. He also has the power to transform into Freedan, the dark warrior, and Shadow, who appears as a kind of amorphous blob.

StarlightAngel
12-14-2006, 11:41 PM
30,000 on Etna :)

Slicksword45
12-15-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't know eather... I'm doing a bad job right now.... 1,000 on will

NINJA_Ryu
12-15-2006, 01:47 AM
All on Etna (measly amount :()

Firo Volondé
12-15-2006, 02:48 AM
Thanks for that, BTV. Personally I can't wait to see the next battle. For this one, though, 8,000 on Will.

Zeromus_X
12-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Oh yeah, rock on Cecil! :D :cat:

6,000 on Etna. :cat:

RiseToFall
12-15-2006, 06:54 AM
10,000 on Etna.

Spammerman
12-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Can I give money to Omega? If I can ill give him 1000.

Rocket Edge
12-15-2006, 04:45 PM
50,000 on Etna please. She seemed to even beat Laharl & Flone!

Fatal Impurity
12-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks link31793 i will surely not forget this! :D

Spammerman
12-15-2006, 11:36 PM
500 on Majin Etna. Just because she uses a spear.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-16-2006, 01:02 AM
Something tells me I may regret this...but...

The bank on Majin Etna.

*waits to lose*

Rocket Edge
12-18-2006, 03:53 PM
*Gives 1000 to Omega*

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Forgive the lateness of this update. I was without power.

Also, the song used in this fight is actually Etna's song which plays whenever she shows up. It's a fun song, the "Etna Rock" from Disgaea 2 for those of you who can find it.

Two figures faced off inside a strange cavern lined with small houses and gardens. The air was thick, saturated with magical energy, and the lines appeared blurry and indistinct.

The first combatant was a young boy with blond hair and a blue tunic. On his back was strapped a purple wooden flute, and his eyes were piercingly intense.

The other contestant was a young girl with spikey red hair tied up in two pigtails that protruded several inches from her head. She wore a black leather bikini top with a heart cut into the center and a short black leather skirt. She also wore black leather stockings that came up almost to her skirt, as well as white shoes. Two small bat wings protruded from her back, and a long red tail coiled its way around her waist. In her hands was a huge red spear, the steel wrapping around it to form a strange pattern along the blade.

"The next battle is between Will and..." L began, before he was cut off by a loud guitar riff and a chorus of female voices shouting "Hey!" repeatedly."

"I can introduce myself," she said in an arrogant yet businesslike tone.

"Hi! I'm Demon Lord Etna! I like sweets, money, ordering my Prinnies around, and beating up weaklings like you!"

Will just looked at her with an odd expression on his face.

"I'm supposed to fight... her?" he asked incredulously.

In the background, a woman's voice began to sing.

Akai tsuki, warau yoru. Makura motoni shinobi.
Gira... gira. Hikaru. Kiba wo muite... Kissu wo suru!

"How dare you!" Etna said indignantly. "I'll have you know I'm one of the most powerful and beautiful demon lords in the Netherworld! I'm the one who should be complaining about having to fight you!"

Nigasanai, koyoi anata wo nerau kiken na redi.
Subete no otoko wo nousatsu suru!

"What kind of person brings their own theme song to a fight?" Will demanded.

"Oh that?" Etna asked. "It just kind of plays when I start fighting. It's the privilege of being a demon lord."

Kinjirareta, yume!
Kanaeru tame kenage ni.
Wana shikakeru, joou kumo!

"Anyway," Etna said. "If you have any hidden powers or something, now's the time to use it. If you don't, I'll probably kill you within a few seconds."

The tone of her voice made clear that she wasn't joking or exaggerating in the least.

Gritting his teeth, Will dropped to the ground and closed his eyes. Energy swirled around him, and when he stood, he had changed into a steely-eyed warrior in black armor with a flowing black cape, long blond hair, and a broadsword that hummed with power.

Jamamono ni wa shi wo!
Hiroin no za wa yuzuranai!

"Not bad!" Etna said, almost impressed. "All right, let's go!"

Will began to glow with red as he charged forward, a battle-cry on his lips.

From his platform, L lazily held up a card that said "This form is called 'Freedan' as he slowly picked gummi bears out of a package and ate them.

Tenshi mo akuma mo minagoroshi yo...
Mashou bishoujo E-TO-NA!

"Dark Friar!"

A burst of expanding red energy shot from Freedan's sword and hurled itself at Etna.

Etna raised her spear to guard herself as the energy exploded into spiralling waves of energy that expanded outward.

"Ow!" Etna said as she landed on the ground. "Why you...!"

Akai tsuki, warau yoru. Makura motoni shinobi.
Gira... gira. Hikaru. Kiba wo muite... Kissu wo suru!

Etna raised her spear. A gate in the sky opened up and several screaming penguin-like creatures fell from the sky, along with several pans.

Freedan raised his sword to block, but when the penguins hit his sword they exploded, blasting him backwards and into a nearby house. The wall crumbled upon impact, and he went sprawling through several tables.

Nigasanai, koyoi anata wo nerau kiken na redi.
Subete no otoko wo nousatsu suru!

Rising to his feet, Freedan charged out of the building, just in time to see Etna standing in the air, wings extended, holding a huge ball of fiery energy in her hands.

"You're done! Chaos Impact!"

Etna threw the ball of energy, which began to crush Freedan under it before exploding, destroying many of the houses as it engulfed them in flame.

Kinjirareta, yume!
Kanaeru tame kenage ni.
Wana shikakeru, joou kumo!

Etna landed lightly on her feet and walked through the dust from her explosion. As it cleared, Will lay on the ground, battered and unconcious.

Jamamono ni wa shi wo!
Hiroin no za wa yuzuranai!

The song trailed off as L looked away from his gummi bears.

"Demon Lord Etna is the winner."

The next battle is between Link and Cloud Strife. It will take place in Shevat. The fight will be posted on Tuesday or Wednesday. Those who have been eliminated may beg for money from other players, although nobody is obligated to give them more. Do it in the thread only, not by PM.

Current Accounts:

Elite Lord Sigma: 50,000
Zeromus_X: 22,000
RisetoFall: 48,500
Ninja_Ryu: 29,396
Magus of Zeal: 18,500
Traffic: 218,000
Starlight Angel: 151,000
Triumphant Hero: 130,000
link31793: 12,500
JKTrix: 8,000
fire_of_avalon: 110,000
omegaweapon2005: 2,000
blitz_king10: 14,000
Slicksword45: 6,000

JKTrix
12-18-2006, 07:09 PM
oops, been out of this a little bit.

5,000 on Link. There is no way Cloud can stand up to the combined oddity of Tingle and a flock of Ooccaa.

Rocket Edge
12-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Etna. :cool:

Tough one, i'll have to think on it.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Great to see that my gamble paid off.

Anyway, I'll bet 5,000 on Link.

Slicksword45
12-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I have the worst luck ever.

2,000 on cloud.

Spammerman
12-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Bank on Link.

The Triumphant Hero
12-18-2006, 10:53 PM
What materia/limit breaks does Cloud have access to, and what items does Link have?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Link will probably throughout the tournament pull just about every other item I've ever seen in any Zelda game.

Cloud will have physical attack-focused materia.

Slicksword45
12-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Link will probably throughout the tournament pull just about every other item I've ever seen in any Zelda game.

That kinda just showed that he will probley win :(

The Triumphant Hero
12-19-2006, 02:39 AM
All right, then 20,000 on Link.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-19-2006, 03:32 AM
I never said he'd win. But you don't have to stick with your initial bet you know. You can change your bet up to the point in which I post the fight.

JKTrix
12-19-2006, 03:34 AM
Ball & Chain FTW

Zante
12-19-2006, 06:40 AM
2,500 on Link.

RiseToFall
12-20-2006, 12:38 AM
*Looks at avatar* I can't hate on my fave character.

$1000 on Cloud.

NINJA_Ryu
12-20-2006, 12:40 AM
bank except for 1 dollar on link

ill always stay alive!

and what will we do wit the money at the end?

RiseToFall
12-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Void sends us the money we've won. Come on now, what kind of question is that?

StarlightAngel
12-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Uhh, can you say poor college student?

You keep it for other tournaments, I believe.

Anywhoo, 10,000 on Link. C'MON SKIRT GUY! BEAT THAT EMO BISH D<