PDA

View Full Version : Do you roam around forever right after you get the Airship?

Peter_20
10-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Alright, so I was playing FF8 very recently, and I got the Ragnarok - then someone tells me to "head for Edea's house!!!onetwothree!!1" and I went screw it, I'm gonna fool about and do LOTS of other stuff first; and I flew to the desert and killed some scary Cactuars; and I got the GF Bahamut; and I ran around on those Islands and abused the Draw Points there - and so on.
Same with FF6, when I get the Airship I just fight Intangirs all day long, and I go shopping in every damn store in the world.
Same with all FF:s, really.
Do you recognize this? :cool:

~SapphireStar~
10-24-2006, 01:32 PM
I just flew around making silly noises.

Levian
10-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, seriously. By the time I'm finished roaming I'll go like this "What meteor?"

I rlyrlyrly dislike missing out on spiffy stuff, so I roam around forever, because you never know when you can never return! And I don't look in walkthroughs until after I've beaten the game so I have to figure out most stuff myself, and it takes time I tell ya!

Twilight Edge
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
After I have done my errands, then I do whatever I want.

boys from the dwarf
10-24-2006, 06:58 PM
theres loads od sidequests and places to go and get secrets and level up but once you've got everything you just go where your supposed to go and you dont really feel like your wasting time doing tons of repetitive stuff.

the only game i felt i was just roaming around pountlessly was FF2. theres usually only one place to go to and very few side quests.

yeah. i guess you roam around a lot but its not exactly a bad thing.

Yuffie514
10-24-2006, 10:13 PM
i spend most of my time on exploration and training are present way before i get an airship. so yes.

Jowy
10-24-2006, 10:16 PM
It's not fun unless I get killed by something obscenely powerful when I wander off too far. ;)

RiseToFall
10-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes - Exploration is fun.

ljkkjlcm9
10-24-2006, 11:52 PM
I like getting things ASAP, so I can completely dominate later. If I run into enemies that are too hard, I train so I can do it, get the items there, then leave. SO, when I get back to the main story, I'm too strong for my own good sometimes. But such is life.

THE JACKEL

Nifleheim7
10-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah,it's great to go wherever i want and explore.
It's what i'm currently doing in FFVII:)

farplaner
10-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Anyone who gets an airship for the first time in any FF game, and proceeds directly to advancing the story is missing out!

Airship: fuel price to players= 0 gil/$/whatever...take advantage, because those of us at driving age live in a very different world. :D

Firo Volondé
10-25-2006, 12:56 PM
airships rock! especially in FFX. There's so many sidequests they take longer than the game itself:)

Znake
10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
It's alot more fun when you actually get an Airship later on in the game, like in FFVII, VIII or IX rather than in the first couple of hours like the earlier Final Fantasy's.

YTDN
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
It's alot more fun when you actually get an Airship later on in the game, like in FFVII, VIII or IX rather than in the first couple of hours like the earlier Final Fantasy's.

In I you get it about half way through the game, II you can control it much later, III, IV and V I don't know, but in VI you get it about a third of the way through, lose it half way through, then find it again in the second half.

crazybayman
10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Yes, I always roam when I get the airship.

I got the GF Bahamut;
don't forget to go back into the Deep Sea Research Centre, and proceed past Bahamut, and go through the ruins, and fight Ultima Weapon.;)

ljkkjlcm9
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
FFIII, has about 4 different airships I believe. You get one right away, but you lose it right away too.

THE JACKEL

LoKuS
10-26-2006, 05:12 AM
Everyone does.

Dell
10-26-2006, 06:26 AM
I usually fly around the world doing nothing.

Zeromus_X
10-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah, seriously. By the time I'm finished roaming I'll go like this "What meteor?"

No.78
10-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Getting airship access in FFXI is definetly fun.

feioncastor
10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I think it's pretty creative how they decided not to have a world map in FFX. It was neat the way they totally changed the formula for navigating an FF world.

I hear that in FF3j, you get like 4 different airships. I can't wait!

I think the coolest airship related scene is in FF6, when the WoR theme begins to play as Daryl's airsip comes out of the ocean. That's so well done, that moment.

And of course, I flew all over the world exploring. I even got eaten by this guy called a "Zone Eater", and met a rater interesting guy.

Which earlier FFs were you playing? You get a hovercraft fairly early in FF4, but you have to ditch it off at the foot of a mountain after about an hour of using it. And then I don't think you get an airship until after fighting Kainazzo, the second fiend. Then you get like 2 more after that. And one is a whale. That flies to the moon.

In FF1 you could get it right after you beat the first fiend, Lich. But the order that OFFICIAL NINTENDO POWER STRATEGY GUIDE (from when Nintendo Power was still cool) says to fight Kary first, and then head to the Ice Cave to get the stupid rock to make it fly.

And in 6, you get one airship at a time, unilke 4. But it gets busted up, quite nicely. You get another cooler one later. From a dead chick. Who, for some reason, was given a huge tomb with cryptic messages. And if you read the epitaph, a guy will attack you. A pretty easy guy.

Flammie (from SoM) isn't an airship, but he certainly does fly around like one. I always go buy the best armor money can buy as soon as I get the Flammie Drum.