PDA

View Full Version : VANN and PENELO

jeo2388
10-24-2006, 02:25 PM
i wonder if vaan and penelo will ever become lovers they look pweetty cute together:tongue:

LoCoAndy2K3
10-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought it was known that Penelo was actually in love with Vaan.
I'm probably wrong, though.

I love FF's because of the way they mix human affection with political and real life struggle. It's just awesome. I hope it continues with this game.

GeneralSapphire
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Doesnt Vaan fall in love with Ashe????
:)

Bahamut2000X
10-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Well from all my researching into everything back before the game was even slightly in english. I had read in a few places that Panelo was Vaan's girlfriend. So unless they changed anything, or it was misstranslated that should hold true.

Oh well we'll find out in 7 days.

GeneralSapphire
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
I saw that they were going out but then i supose i just jumped to conclusions that when it says Ashe meets Vaan her heart changes or something like that, i guess i thought that meant that they fell in love.

Sefie1999AD
10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
I thought Vaan and Penelo have the Cecil-Rosa thing, i.e. they're already a couple when the game starts. I'm not sure if there's any triangular drama between Vaan, Penelo and Ashe, though.

Dynast-Kid
10-25-2006, 04:09 AM
Vaan and Penelo are a couple,and remain like that for the entire game (and it's sequel,Revenant Wings).

Ashe is still grieving over the death of her husband,Prince Rasler.That's the reason the Oquiela keep showing visions of him to Ashe throughout the game.

Though there is no Ashe-Vaan-Penelo love triangle,there is a slight Ashe-Balthier-Fran love triangle.Go to the Fran and Balthier thread for details.

yojimbosoul
10-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Frab........ha ha

TidusMaster
10-28-2006, 05:21 AM
How do you know this?

Dynast-Kid
10-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Frab........ha ha

Don't laugh at my typos, it agitates me.

How do you know this?

I've done my research.

Dell
10-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Vaan and Penelo are just friends. No Love, actually. Well, as far as I know. But Penelo said "Every good sky pirate needs a partner with him"....

I also think there is no Ashe/Balthier/Fran thingy (Whack Aria). Ashe loves Balthier but Balthier loves Fran but Fran loves Penelo but Penelo loves Vaan but Vaan loves Basch but Basch loves Reks but Reks loves Vossler but Vossler loves Larsa but Larsa loves Vayne but Vayne loves Reddas and so on. No solution.

Maybe just between Balthier and Fran (In Pharos at Ridorana, Fran and Balthier...... "Shouldn't you be running away? That's what a sky pirate do." "Hang on, Fran" Sweet.) (Then, in Bahamut, Fran and Balthier....... "I think you fit more in the supporting role" Sweet, yet again.)

Dynast-Kid
10-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Vaan and Penelo are just friends. No Love, actually.

Despite the fact that SE has stated that Penelo is Vaan's girlfriend...

I also think there is no Ashe/Balthier/Fran thingy (Whack Aria). Ashe loves Balthier but Balthier loves Fran but Fran loves Penelo but Penelo loves Vaan but Vaan loves Basch but Basch loves Reks but Reks loves Vossler but Vossler loves Larsa but Larsa loves Vayne but Vayne loves Reddas and so on. No solution.

I'm not gonna respond to that since it promotes incest and necrophilia...

And don't whack Aria, she's awesome.

Maybe just between Balthier and Fran (In Pharos at Ridorana, Fran and Balthier...... "Shouldn't you be running away? That's what a sky pirate do." "Hang on, Fran" Sweet.) (Then, in Bahamut, Fran and Balthier....... "I think you fit more in the supporting role" Sweet, yet again.)

Exactly. Fran and Balthier do have a thing.

Dell
10-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Despite the fact that SE has stated that Penelo is Vaan's girlfriend...

Well, they look like friends to me (And from my observations to the game). And bunch of entertainment as said by Balthier.

I'm not gonna respond to this since it promotes incest and necrophilia...

:mog: But it's true. :p :p

*Whack Aria again*

Exactly. Fran and Balthier do have a thing.

There's more actually. Don't forget: Larsa and his bangaa girl......

TidusMaster
10-30-2006, 01:50 AM
ya..but....it shows EVERYWHERE that there BEST FRIENDS!!!

Aria28
10-30-2006, 05:28 PM

*Whack Aria again*

Dell, I find it odd that you should whack me TWICE when we're saying the same thing basically (that there is no triangle, at least that there's nothing clearly defined in the japanese version- who knows if they mess with the script enough in the translation....).

Where I join al-bhed_kid, scoobyand co, is because there are hints that could be interpretated in that sense ....or not. It really depends on the individuals there (and I think this is one of the major assets of the game - no obvious love-story, just very subtle hints, some that you'll only catch the second time around once you know the whole story)

Pay attention next time before even thinking of whacking someone :twak: :p

:kiss:

Dell
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM

*Whack Aria again*

Dell, I find it odd that you should whack me TWICE when we're saying the same thing basically (that there is no triangle, at least that there's nothing clearly defined in the japanese version- who knows if they mess with the script enough in the translation....).

Where I join al-bhed_kid, scoobyand co, is because there are hints that could be interpretated in that sense ....or not. It really depends on the individuals there (and I think this is one of the major assets of the game - no obvious love-story, just very subtle hints, some that you'll only catch the second time around once you know the whole story)

Pay attention next time before even thinking of whacking someone :twak: :p

:kiss:

*Whack Aria again* :twak: :D
It's out now, FFXII board is gonna get busy with NTSCian (And FFXII Net :) ).

Not-so-love-triangle topic: My comment are lame, btw.
When you look again,
Ashe - Ashe did cry at the ending when she saw Balthier at the sky fortress (Not to mention, she doesn't even say/talk (or care) anything about Fran during the ending :p ).
Fran - Well, she and Balthier are close.........They even have their own moment (Eruyt, Ridorana and the ending).
Balthier - He's stucked/frustrated between those two and finally choose to love that Seeq Girl in Balfonheim.
It's possible for a love triangle. However, Aria and me will still remain a Balthier/Fran and Larsa/Bangaa Girl.

Aria28
10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
*Whack Aria again* :twak: :D
It's out now, FFXII board is gonna get busy with NTSCian (And FFXII Net :) ).

Not-so-love-triangle topic: My comment are lame, btw.
When you look again,
Ashe - Ashe did cry at the ending when she saw Balthier at the sky fortress (Not to mention, she doesn't even say/talk (or care) anything about Fran during the ending :p ).
Fran - Well, she and Balthier are close.........They even have their own moment (Eruyt, Ridorana and the ending).
Balthier - He's stucked/frustrated between those two and finally choose to love that Seeq Girl in Balfonheim.
It's possible for a love triangle. However, Aria and me will still remain a Balthier/Fran and Larsa/Bangaa Girl.

*tsk, tsk* Not quite :p

I may be a Larsa/Bangaa Girl fan (thanks to you:p ), but I'm more of a Balflear/Ashe supporter, one of the reasons for it being the event at the end of the game you mentioned above - even though, like I wrote to scoobyon the Fran and Balflear thread, I can see how someone would see it differently and put the emphasis on the Fran/Balflear relation in the game - it's probably where the most obvious hints lead, at any rate. But there is no declared relationship in any sense

Btw, Scooby, if you read these lines, I have thought of something you might be interested in when watching one of the game's cutscenes again, in Golgomore Jungle - I'll try to post about it soon :D

Edge7
11-26-2006, 03:16 AM
:confused:

Timerk
11-26-2006, 03:35 AM
During the sidequest where you have to hook the Viera up with the lovestruck man, the Viera makes two comments that indicate Vaan is already soulmate with another. Also, during the sidequest to get Chaos, one of the kids comments Penelo might be upset to know Vaan is interested in finding another woman (he is only looking for this woman to get a piece of the medallion).

These hints indicate that Penelo and Vaan are somewhat of an item, at least in Penelo's eyes. They have more of a relationship that Vaan/Ashe or Balthier/Ashe, that much is certain.