PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on Dark Aeons

DeathRaider
10-24-2006, 05:30 PM
I beat Lady Yunalesca last week and I've just been searching around and exploring the hidden locations in the airship (Omega Ruins, Baaj Temple etc.) and I went back to Besaid and I came across Dark Valefor and got a complete ass kicking cos I didn't know it was there. Anyhow, I read that to beat them you have to build up your characters to have huge strength and be mint in the other areas. At the moment, everyone has at least 3,000hp with Lulu having the least but Auron and Tidus have almost 6,000 and both of their strengths are in the late 60's. I know I'm nowhere near strong enough to beat them and I have to get all the final aeons but I just want some advice on the characters strength bit first and if theres another way than levelling up through battles or if there is an easier or different way of significantly improving characters. Any advice would be appreciated and sorry if I'm missing out on something obvious!

Nifleheim7
10-24-2006, 07:04 PM
The easy way is to use Yojimbo's Zanmato.

The hard way (which is what i recomend) is to try leveling up.
You can try the Omega Ruins but it's not enough if you want to beat the Dark Aeons.
The other one (and the best imo) is the Don Tonberry trick.

Also it helps alot if you have the Celestial Weapons (especially Wakka's).

Captain Maxx Power
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
I've heard of people taking on the Dark Aeons with ridiculously low stats using various strange methods. Tav would be able to go into greater detail with that.

As to increasing stats if you want to go down the traditional route then you'll have to use the Monster Arena. For now (and I do mean for now since it takes AGES) I'd concentrate on capturing at least five of each monster in each area, preferrably ten, to unlock all the necessary monsters needed to level-up your characters sufficiently.

samantha
10-24-2006, 09:17 PM
wait a second i remember dark aeons in ffx2 but i dont recall any in ffx unless you guys were talking about the ones posesed by yu yeven... that was a sad part poor aeons... but i remember it being quite easy... granted my people wer int the late 6000 (lulu) and 9999 (aruon tidus and walka) *brushes sholders off... lol :)

TheSpoonyBard
10-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I've heard of people taking on the Dark Aeons with ridiculously low stats using various strange methods.
It basically revolves around using Aeon's Soul to increase your aeons' stats and using them to fight for you, or using multi-hitting attacks and Trio of 9,999.

samantha, Dark Aeons are only in the PAL and Int. versions of the game so if you've got the NA version you won't have them. They're much harder than any of the storyline bosses.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-24-2006, 10:19 PM
i would also recommend getting triple AP weapons from one-eye in the monster arena then visting cactuar valley. there, u cna get 36,000 AP per cactuar with triple AP weapons.

TheSpoonyBard
10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Or get some Triple AP weapons from One Eye, customise Overdrive->AP and possibly Double/Triple Overdrive, and fight Don Tonberry. Have the person with the most kills (highest Karma damage) have Stoic mode, the other two have Comrade and Auto-Phoenix armour. Attack DT with your attacker, the other two defend. That should get you upwards of 50 S.Levels per battle.

Nifleheim7
10-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Have the person with the most kills (highest Karma damage) have Stoic mode, the other two have Comrade and Auto-Phoenix armour. Attack DT with your attacker, the other two defend.

Why not having all three characters in comrade mode and attack DT?:confused:
if you have all three characters with overdrive->AP,triple overdrive,triple AP and all of them in comrade mode you'll get much more.Of course you must have auto-phoenix on all three of them...

TheSpoonyBard
10-24-2006, 11:53 PM
You get more AP with one attacker receiving high damage than you do with three attackers receiving medium damage. Also, if all three have Comrade, only two will benefit from the AP when one of them dies. With one attacker on Stoic, all three gain AP.

DeathRaider
10-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot