PDA

View Full Version : Little characters

Rye
10-25-2006, 01:04 AM
I open up my palette aka MSN's handwriting feature, sigh deeply, and get to work. Past attempts ended up as failures and tears upon my keyboard. This time, I will succeed, I whisper in my silent room. Then I begin.

My fingers compose themselves in a rigid and concentrated manner and I slide it them over the laptop touch pad, making crimson lines about the screen. The lines curve, nose, dot, eyes, and stretch together in a unified manner until a singular image comes across my screen, a new creation. Satisfied, I press enter.

"Hello Prawn Earl.", I whisper to the world, yet only my own ears hear it. :bigsmile:

---

Do you enjoy drawing and creating your own little type of creations or characters? I enjoy it immensly, which is why I draw Jess Art frequently. I have a few little characters that I enjoy drawing, such as Frenchie, Lustrous Hand, Prawn Earl (he's a classy dude) and the very adorable, daper, and innocent Winnsie Oinkers. Prawn Earl and Winnsie Oinkers both have nice little derby hats. :)

Vikeve
10-25-2006, 01:14 AM
I suck at drawing but when I have to for a project i bond with my pathetic drawings and give them personalities and they become my little friends for the day.:)

Reine
10-25-2006, 01:15 AM
I used to draw all kinds of silly flying castles and space stations and so-on. Infact, I found a bunch of old drawings of them in my closet the other day. I'll post them in my artwork thread sometime later.

I used to love doing them, and my mate and I would compete with them sometimes, to see who would do the best one. However when we "teamed up" we made the best design yet. It was a real pleasure finding this picture amongst those aforementioned ones.

As of then, I rarely drew them anymore, as ones from that point were always very complex and had a lot of detail put in them (by my standards back then, any real artist would look at it and laugh..)

I'd like to start drawing those sily things again, but theres just not many ideas to differentiate them these days.

Christmas
10-25-2006, 01:15 AM
NANNY MANUS IS MY FAVOURTIE CHARACTER.:bigsmile:

Breine
10-25-2006, 09:40 AM
I used to do it all the time back in the days when I still had time to actually sit down and write a story and draw. Homework and general stress prevent me from doing it these days, which is a real shame :(

themagicroundabout
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I do partake in the doodlerising of little characters, though I haven't given any of them names yet; I don't want to get too attatched to the little blighters, y'see, In case they get ERASED.

Rainecloud
10-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Absolutely. I used to create things all the time back in school. I'd draw maps, design characters, and generally mess about with my imaginary little world. So did that guy who killed John Lennon ... but I'm nothing like that. =/

My favourite childhood past-time was designing Mario and Sonic levels. I had so much fun doing that.

Reine
10-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Absolutely. I used to create things all the time back in school. I'd draw maps, design characters, and generally mess about with my imaginary little world. So did that guy who killed John Lennon ... but I'm nothing like that. =/

My favourite childhood past-time was designing Mario and Sonic levels. I had so much fun doing that.

I used to do that stuff

God I hate this PC, I was writing out a very long post, mainly containing little text and pen and paper games and stuff I used to play and make up and so on, but the net decided to forward itself to a microsoft site in the middle, and clicking back, everything but the qouted text was gone :(

Twilight Edge
10-25-2006, 12:19 PM
My ability to think up of new things from other things is so phenomenal that I can do whatever I want with them(though never as I expected it to turn out as perfect). Basically, I'm the most imaginative guy among all the people I know.

Step 1 - Think of a name.
Step 2 - Make a profile.
Step 3 - Think of how the character would look like.
Step 4 - Draw it out.

I'm still doing this at the age of 15. Also, I draw in a different book so I don't need to fear my drawings getting ERASED FROM THIS VERY PLANE OF EXISTENCE.

Markus. D
10-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I crap at drawing ._.

but I definetly love to invent characters from the top of my mind n_n

Cz
10-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I used to do this quite a lot, but I'm not as imaginative as I used to be. I still draw stick figures from time to time, but I don't do comic strips or flickbooks any longer.

Giga Guess
10-25-2006, 01:18 PM
I enjoy it immensely. One of these days I have to post my cast on here...

Rye
10-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm glad so many other people enjoy it like I do. :jess:

The Devil Man
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I still love drawing. Nowadays I spend much more of my time actually writing and creating my own stories but I still love drawing a great deal :bigsmile: I hope to have my own Manga done within a couple of years for sure (A lil' dream o' mine).

Jess Art will surely conquer the world very soon... and surely holds the secrets to the meaning of life as well! :eek:

rubah
10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
My characters start off as a name and develop from there, generally.

Laugh at face of Danger
10-25-2006, 10:45 PM
My characters are always fun to manipulate, and I try to image myself in the situations I put them in, like, disembowling a living Werewolf then laughing as it still struggles for breath.

Please bear in mind the above character is actually mad and as such, replica moves should not be attempted, if you do wake up a Vampire and find yourself confronted by a Werewolf invading your home.

Giga Guess
10-26-2006, 01:32 AM
My characters start off as a name and develop from there, generally.

Vice Versa for me.

Polnareff
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
I've made ton of characters over the years and even put them into their own comics/manga. :greenie:

In fact, here are some old threads with them. Some very old threads.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=65385

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83963

[/shameless plug]

Roto13
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Winsie Oinkers is awesome. Post him.

No.78
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I did that alot on middle school. Now I have No.78, who overtakes the souls of random images on the internet. He changes once a year.

Quindiana Jones
10-27-2006, 01:10 PM
ROCKET MOOOLE! OH ROCKET MO-HOLE!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/photo/profilepic18128_2.gif

sephirothishere
10-27-2006, 07:25 PM
im not creative.....

Cookie
10-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes drawing is good. :D