PDA

View Full Version : Whose personality developed the least?

Evastio
10-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Out of all the FF2 characters whose personality do you think developed the least?

Martyr
10-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Maria, I guess.
I mean, who the heck is Maria?
Everything we know about her is backstory, that's IT!

At least Minh is willing to die for a cause, Scott was going to get married, Gus can talk to animals, and I think Frionel has to face off against the temptations of a sexy seductive snake-chick.

Maria does nothing.

She has a cheap bow in the beginning, but everybody has cheap weapons, so it isn't like anything about her is unique at all. (esp. Layla carries an initial Bow too)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-25-2006, 02:22 AM
At least Maria had to deal with her brother being a shill for the Empire. And having the ability to talk to animals doesn't count as character development.

Martyr
10-25-2006, 03:15 AM
At least Maria had to deal with her brother being a shill for the Empire. And having the ability to talk to animals doesn't count as character development.

He said "developed" the least.

Like I said, all maria's story is backstory. You only learn that by reading manuals or histories outside of the game. It's irrelevant as far as "Character Development" is concerned.

Nobody knew that Guy could talk to animals. Suddenly, it turns out that he's so dumb he can communicate on their level. That's character dvelopment. Looking at maria and understanding her past is the exact opposite.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-25-2006, 03:19 AM
From Guy's profile in the FFII manual:
He possesses enormous discipline and physical strength. Despite appearances, he is very gentle and occasionally naive. He is also capable of communicating with animals.

Martyr
10-25-2006, 04:43 AM
Alright fine. Frikkin layla is the least developed character. You happy now? Are you all happy now that I'm not bashing the beautiful Maria?
I hope so.

Sefie1999AD
10-25-2006, 04:22 PM
I didn't think any of the main characters (except for Lionheart) had much development. The NPCs and side characters are probably more developed than what they are. That's why, I'll just say Frioniel, Maria and Guy.

Crossblades
10-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Firion had the least development. For a main character, he almost had no story at all.

DarkLadyNyara
10-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Do any of their personalities develope at all? (Alright, maybe Gordon. And that's just sad.)