PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Main Character

DarkLadyNyara
10-25-2006, 02:56 AM
Pretty self-explanitory. What character do you most despise?

Evastio
10-25-2006, 02:58 AM
I really don't like Borghen. He's basically another Kefka except he doesn't have any power.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Borgen is a fat pirate. There's a world of difference between him and an effeminate clown.

Evastio
10-25-2006, 03:05 AM
They both have similar personalities and both their laughs make actual sound which get quite annoying.

Martyr
10-25-2006, 03:13 AM
The whole reason Gordon is in the game is so that everybody else looks better. He's the suckiest as a character, as a party member, and I don't even like spears, which are his weapons of choice. Everything about him is TEH SUCK!

Sefie1999AD
10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
I really don't like Borghen. He's basically another Kefka except he doesn't have any power.

Okay, that already makes Borghen my least favorite character in the game. Add his laughing sound, and there's not even a doubt about it.

Ender
10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Cid sucks. For the first half of the game, rather than letting you borrow the airship for the purposes of stopping the Empire (which was in the best interest of anybody and everybody of non-evil persuasion), he charges you for travel to like four or five limited locations. Thanks buddy, I'll walk.

Crossblades
10-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm not too fond of Gordon

rubah
10-25-2006, 10:07 PM
I kinda liked gordon; he was pretty cute!

I didn't like richard one bit xD

Cruise Control
10-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Scott.

Martyr
10-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Scott isn't a main character.

He's a dead character. definitely my least favorite dead character, though. Because he thinks Gordon has potential.

DarkLadyNyara
10-26-2006, 03:12 AM
Scott isn't a main character.

He is in Dawn of Souls. :p

Oh, and can you explain why you chose who you did? :D My least favorite is Leon. He turns traitor until his own ass is on the line, then comes running back with his tail between his legs. You'll notice he never actually repents. :mad:

Martyr
10-26-2006, 03:43 AM
I told you why I don't like Gordon.
Because he's so crappy that his sole purpose seems to make other people look good. That kind of self sacrifice is, in some small way, honorable. But it doesn't make him a great character by any means.

I'll expound further on the origins of my hatred:

He uses spears, first of all, and I don't like spears. Seriously. I've never liked them In FF2, 3, 4, or whatever. And I don't like them in real life. I don't like the idea of how they function. I don't like spears.

Second, I don't like his sprite. He looks ugly. Uglyness is not attractive to me or anybody. That's the definition of the word.

Third. Gordon fled a battle scene and left Scott to die. He is branded a coward by all. But in the end he is given authority by the kind. The king's responsibility is to rule. But rulership in times of war requires no cowardice. First in line to battle, last in line to retreat. This is definitely what Gordon is NOT. That stain of failure, which caused Scott's death is both unforgivable and detestable.
And yet he may marry the princess or become king sooner or later or both. It's corrupt politics.

And so, he is my least favorite character.

I'll post more reasons why he's lousy if you want 'em. I just thought of another one, but I don't want to write it all out right now. And I'm sure I'll think of more.

EDIT: I also don't like Leon very much because of his failure. I also noticed how he never really repented, which is kind of unfortunate, BUT - I reckon he was under a spell. Surely, he couldn't have been the brother of Maria, and have grown up with Frionel and Guy and still be so fast to build a warship and let his minions try to kill them as well as destroy all the world he came from and grew up in.
Remember that the ultimate enemy in FF is Chaos. It's a personification of the concept of nihilation that possesses a weak minded character like Garland or the Emperor or Golbez or whoever. Leon can't be fully blamed for his actions, and when the world is on the brink of destruction, there's no time for "Sorry's." There's only time for, "Alright. Let's get moving." And that's what he did. And I commend him for being able to recover, get his mind in the right place, and help his friends slay the emperor like he did.
Learn to forgive. Especially when you're dealing with a badass, like Leon is.

DarkLadyNyara
10-26-2006, 04:05 AM
I wan't refering to you. You actually provided pretty good reasons.

And I have never bought the mind control theory. Just because of how Leon acts when you face him. Then there's this line- "You're alive? What are you? Not that it matters. The empire is mine, and I have no intention of handing it over!"

Zeromus_X
10-26-2006, 04:19 AM
I groaned when Gordon rejoined the party. Just when you think he's finally gone, and he returns. He isn't even awesome like Gilbert, so he really is completely useless.

But at least he has spears. :cat:

I didn't have any issues with the other main characters.

Sefie1999AD
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Gordon was actually a pretty good fighter by the time he rejoined the party, and his skills develop quickly anyway, at least when I played, so I didn't mind him. I didn't think any of the characters joining the party was useless.

Cruise Control
10-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh, and can you explain why you chose who you did?If I have to suffer through this game, Scott should too.

Reine
11-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Borghen was a complete failure, so my vote goes to him.

Peter_20
11-06-2006, 10:05 PM
They both have similar personalities and both their laughs make actual sound which get quite annoying.Borghen v.s. Kefka is a very strange comparison, IMHO.
Borghen is a really unknown FF villain of whom the game doesn't tell much about at all, and Kefka is a classic main villain in one of the best games ever.
Also, his laugh = instant win, WOP-wop-wop-wop-wop-wop-wop! :D

Oh, the topic, sorry:
I think Leon is a bit annoying.
Not because of his character, which rocks, but because he sucks compared to everyone else in the main party when he returns.
Besides, it's pretty funny how he's considered a "main character" when he's absent during like 95% of the game. XD

As for actual *personalities*, I didn't really mind anyone.
Gordon reminded me a bit about Edward from FF4, though.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-08-2006, 04:35 AM
Borghen, because he's the most pathetic joke of a boss ever created.

Leila, because she uses knives (which suck), and never seems to get good until right before she leaves your party.

ReloadPsi
11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Josef, because it's a pain in the ass teaching him any spells at that point. And then in DoS when you're forced to use him in Soul of Rebirth he's painfully weak.

Brandon Stroud
11-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Least favorite main character... hmmmmm... Gotta be that spineless little twerp Peon... I mean, Leon. You want my reasons for it? Play through the game. All will be explained.

vivi"s son#7
11-23-2006, 05:12 AM
He uses spears, first of all, and I don't like spears. Seriously. I've never liked them In FF2, 3, 4, or whatever. And I don't like them in real life. I don't like the idea of how they function. I don't like spears.
I will kill you!

DarkLadyNyara
11-23-2006, 05:19 AM
I will kill you!

Will you use a spear? 'Cause that would be pretty funny. :D

vivi"s son#7
11-23-2006, 05:48 AM
I will kill you!

Will you use a spear? 'Cause that would be pretty funny. :D

A Blood spear!

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9480/bpm4.png

Peter_20
11-24-2006, 07:28 PM
There is no bad character in this game; everybody has got the same potential in everything.
The only difference is that their initial potentials are different, but anyone can be a god/goddess in anything.

However, I don't really like Richard too much; his personality didn't really fit my tastes.
Also Gordon can actually be very strong if you train him for a while. :)

Off-topic:
I actually think Gordon in the FF Origins-version (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/3e/Gordon_PS_menu.png) looks a lot like a middle-aged man I know; this middle-aged man is from Norway, and Gordon is basically a young version of the Norweigan.
That's pretty cool. :D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-07-2006, 06:23 PM
The Emperor (Origins Version)

DarkLadyNyara
12-08-2006, 07:17 PM
The Emperor (Origins Version)

Oh, and can you explain why you chose who you did?

Also, you suck and deserve to die. :D Kidding. Sort of.