PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Summons

Rinoa4ever
10-25-2006, 03:07 AM
Just wondered if anyone has ever found all the hidden summons. I know where to get them all but they are a pain to get. I've gotten Goblin which is the easiest. I got Mind Flayer which took quite a few Sirens!! I just can't seem to get Cockatrice (fought over 999 of them!) or Bomb. I am determined to get all of them in the GBA version.
:confused:

Evastio
10-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Just wondered if anyone has ever found all the hidden summons. I know where to get them all but they are a pain to get. I've gotten Goblin which is the easiest. I got Mind Flayer which took quite a few Sirens!! I just can't seem to get Cockatrice (fought over 999 of them!) or Bomb. I am determined to get all of them in the GBA version.
:confused:
I got the Imp summon in the Baron Desert while I had the twins and Yang in my team in FF2 SNES.

I got the Cockatrice summon at Mt. Hobbes during my first time going thereon FFIV Advance.

I've never gotten the Bomb or Mind Flayer summon.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-25-2006, 03:16 AM
I could think of a thousand things I'd rather do than run around getting into random encounters for days on end in a futile attempt to snag some items that are actually pretty useless. If I want them, I just hack them into my inventory. That gets me all the satisfaction with none of the time wasted.

Znake
10-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Last night I got the Mind Flayer Summon while doing Rydia's Trial, It didn't seem to have any effect when I used it. I tried for the Goblin one too, fighting the Summoners in the Land of Summons who alway's summon Goblins. I killed around 60 but got no GS. I do have 5 Adamant Armors though. :D

Reine
10-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Doesnt Mind Flayer do damage?

My memory is probably flawed, as this was ages ago when I hacked them into my inventory. But I think it did 1200-2000+ damage and it probably stuns them too.

In FFIV Advance, on my new file, I obtained Goblin at the very start of the game, while wandering levelling Kain and Cecil. (I know that any levelling at the start of the game is near pointless, but I like doing these things)

Znake
10-25-2006, 12:03 PM
In FFIV Advance, on my new file, I obtained Goblin at the very start of the game, while wandering levelling Kain and Cecil. (I know that any levelling at the start of the game is near pointless, but I like doing these things)Levelling Up Cecil at the start of the game is very usefull, as when he changes to a Paladin his lv goes back to 1 but he keeps his Stats and HP. I always lv him up outside Mysidia fighting Zu's with his Deathbringer equiped.

Ender
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Anytime I needed to do some leveling I fought monsters with the rare drops (often running from the non-rare-drop enemies in those areas), and while it generally only took me a few dozen tries versus an enemy to get a rare weapon/armor drop, the summon drops are ridiculously rare...at least in the PS Chronicles version.

I only managed to get the Imp/Goblin summon. I've fought several hundred each of Mindflayers, Cockatrice/RockBaby (very likely over a thousand of these, not sure), Grenade/Balloon without getting the summon drops. Rare is fine, but almost impossible to get unless you waste a month of your life is really stoooopid.

Crossblades
10-25-2006, 04:43 PM
There were times that I wanted to get them, but like Kishi said, they're useless in battle. So I rather be doing something else in the game

f f freak
10-25-2006, 11:42 PM
I got the Cockatrice summon at Mt. hobs and it works wonders for Rydia. It's just a cheaper version of Break which is very useful.

Evastio
10-26-2006, 12:51 AM
I got the Cockatrice summon at Mt. hobs and it works wonders for Rydia. It's just a cheaper version of Break which is very useful.
Yeah. Vey true. I use it on enemies with high HP and it makes random encounters so much more easier. Also I think the Cockatrice Summon has a better success rate than the Break Spell.

Paul
10-26-2006, 01:49 AM
although they are useless, a weird part of me wants them very badly for completions sake. i feel like my FF4 game still isn't complete as long as rydia doesn't have these summons!!!

but really, getting them is a joke and i'm quite angry at square about it. i've fought well over 999 goblins and never got the item drop, so i haven't even bothered with the others.

... bastards.

Ashley Schovitz
10-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Imp does no more than 1HP it's useless as for the others I've never gotten them.

trisha.maria
11-03-2006, 02:01 AM
I just started playing final fantasy last week so I'm not yet familliar what you are talking about but I love what I read on the thread I hope I could also be able find them all too..my bf is also a final fantasy fan!!

Trisha Parks
Hairloss Help (http://hairlosscure.org/articles_directory.html)

What is the reason to live if we have an afterlife?

Evastio
11-03-2006, 02:27 AM
I just started playing final fantasy last week so I'm not yet familliar what you are talking about but I love what I read on the thread I hope I could also be able find them all too..my bf is also a final fantasy fan!!

Trisha Parks
Hairloss Help (http://hairlosscure.org/articles_directory.html)

What is the reason to live if we have an afterlife?
You'll probably have a 1/10 chance (based on my experiences) of getting any of the summoning items on your first playthrough.

What the summoning items do is they teach Rydia to summon a creature she normally wouldn't be able to summon. They're usually cheap MP wise.

Nerevarine
11-03-2006, 05:32 AM
i got em all just this mornin imp was the last one i got

i got cockatrice as i was playin through and had no clue what it was for a while

abrojtm
11-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I've only ever gotten Imp and Bomb.

ImAFarmer
11-13-2006, 02:59 AM
I got bomb and cockatrice...Bomb isn't very strong... doing around 200-400 damage with a level 65 rydia