PDA

View Full Version : Final Mortal Kombat looks amazing!

Markus. D
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
and I am buying it when I can fully pay for it next week.

60 characters + the ones you "Kreate"

I am pondering this deep story and amrather curious to hear it... as I rather enjoyed the story of Shaolin Monks.

ya know this also means that I can choose my favorites.

very exciting, I hope it exceeds my already high expectations.

Mo-Nercy
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
All I ever need to know is that Kung Lao is in the game

Razor-hat-man FTW.

Markus. D
10-25-2006, 02:44 PM
mhmm, well it said the entire roster would be used.

so I am guessing.. YES!

Reine
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Razor-Hat-Man xD

My favourites are those ninja guys Sub Zero, Scorpion and the green one, was it Venom?

The original trilogy was awesome.

Markus. D
10-25-2006, 03:01 PM
actually Scorpion is the only considered Ninja. ;)

Sub Zero is Lin ... kway (I definetly know thats a typo..)

and its Reptile ;) I think he is a sorceror or something....

then there is N00b Saibot, who was definetly one of the upper tiers, he pwned like Sub Zero in the 2d mortal Kombats.

Reine
10-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Ah, Reptile, thats it. But you know what I meant by ninjas right, all the dudes with the same clothing but the different colours

Dreddz
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Looks just as bad as the previous versions.

escobert
10-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Reptile > all :p

RiseToFall
10-25-2006, 04:31 PM
If the gameplay wasn't so horribly broken in this game, then maybe I would have picked it up.

Markus. D
10-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Ah, Reptile, thats it. But you know what I meant by ninjas right, all the dudes with the same clothing but the different colours

yessum, but they varied in the 3d versions :3

the only thing I hate about the Deception fighting system (no idea if they have fixed it...) is that you could Juggle someone to death...

Lionx
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Alot of games can be juggled to death..see Cable MvC2 xD; 3x hyper viper that links to itself.

On that note, while it LOOKS nice..at least visually...is it deep enough to warrant playing? What makes it stand out and makes you wanna play again and again? @@

Markus. D
10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
not a clue... I guess im just a sucker for the MK franchise...!

I loved Konquest mode in MK Deception, though the actual fighting aspect of it was poor...

and the voice overs were for the most part awful.

I loved the ability to explore the vast realms of MK, specially Edenia, including the awe relaxing music (while holding no memorable compositions...)... but thats not going to be in this one T-T apparently...

since its going to be hired out till it becomes weekly at my video store (most likely 4 months at the most...) I must... MUST buy it.

even just to see if it has my faveorite group of characters, which was Kitana, Jade, Tanya, Sindel, Milleeeeeena and Chameleon.

Acid Raine
10-27-2006, 07:26 PM
I have it. Disappointed.

No good fatalities! Just that stupid "Kreate a Fatality" which is cool at first and then gets boring and redundant. I want deep freeze back!

The endings are horrible! All they do is dance around on the pyramid while that one guy gives the Reader's Digest ending.

Lots of characters rose from the dead without any explanation. LAME!

I dislike Konquest this time around. I dont like its fighting system. Its for your everyday hardcore buttonmasher.

Rainecloud
10-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Let's be honest, Mortal Kombat is bloody awful by today's lofty gaming standards, yet the majority of us still love it and buy the games (myself included). It's probably nostalgia that makes us go and fork out our hard-earned cash on such mindless tosh.

:p

RiseToFall
10-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Speaking of MK, here's some new info about a person who absolutely hates violence in videogames, I bet you can't guess who it is.

Thompson starts another fight as Bully issue simmers

Judge recuses himself from Bully case while Florida lawyer turns his attention to Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for "an unauthorized commercial exploitation" of his likeness.

By Tor Thorsen, Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/) Posted Oct 26, 2006 5:37 pm PT

Those who thought the denial (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159812.html) of Jack Thompson's attempt to have Take-Two's Bully banned would leave the Florida attorney quietly sulking in the corner apparently don't know Jack.
While Thompson couldn't stop Bully from being released, he did have choice words for the judge who heard his case, and he was made to appear before the court yesterday at the request of Take-Two's lawyers to explain why he shouldn't be held in contempt of court (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160347.html). The hearing began with Judge Ronald Friedman engaging in a series of sharp exchanges with Thompson. As can be seen in video of the even posted on Destructoid.com (http://www.destructoid.com/jack-thompson), at one point Friedman summoned a bailiff when Thompson attempted to display a large white cardboard sign.
Friedman then proceeded to tell Thompson that he felt "the statements made to this court about this court by Mr. Thompson, I find inappropriate for a member of the Florida bar, unprofessional, and contemptible." Friedman then read several excerpts from letters from Thompson, in which he called the original Bully hearing "a disturbing abortion of justice" and threatened to sue Friedman personally.
Another tense verbal exchange between a visibly agitated Thompson and an oddly serene Friedman followed. Friedman then said that he had filed a complaint with the Florida bar and that he was going to recuse himself from the case. He warned Thompson that the next judge "might not be as kind" as he had been. Thompson quickly countered with a brief verbal fusillade of his own blasting Friedman's decision while declaring respect for his office.
While Thompson is still in the thick of his Bully battle, he made time today to fire off a cease-and-desist order to Midway Games. He wants the publisher to stop distributing Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, but contrary to what one might expect, he didn't cite the game's over-the-top violence as a reason to stop selling it.

Ready? Fight! (http://javascript:open_blog_image_viewer('2006/298/jackthompson902_screen.jpg');)
"It has today come to my attention that the newly recently [sic] Mortal Kombat: Armageddon contains an unauthorized commercial exploitation of my name, photograph, image, and likeness within the game," Thompson wrote in an e-mail addressed to Midway president and CEO David Zucker and carbon-copied to several news outlets. "You are commanded to cease and desist immediately from the distribution of this game because of this unauthorized, illegal content." (Emphasis in original.)
While Armageddon does boast a roster of more than 60 characters, Thompson isn't among them. Judging from a photo of the game included with Thompson's e-mail, he is referring to a character made using the game's kreate-a-fighter mode. The photo was part of a feature on Gaming Target (http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6154) yesterday, which contained formulas for making a number of unlicensed characters from the game's various customization options. Other familiar faces in the feature included Hulk Hogan, Ash from Army of Darkness, director Kevin Smith in his Silent Bob alter ego, and Friday the 13th antagonist Jason Voorhees.
A similar issue went to court in 2004 when Marvel Comics sued (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6113055.html) City of Heroes publisher NCsoft and developer Cryptic Studios claiming that the game infringed on its trademarks by allowing players to re-create trademarked Marvel characters using the game's create-a-character tools. The parties settled out of court (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6141244.html) in December of last year, and earlier this year it was revealed that the comic company is now working with Cryptic (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158912.html) on Microsoft's new massively multiplayer online game based on the Marvel Universe.
As of press time, Midway had not responded to a request for comment.

Ashley Schovitz
10-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Isn't the game called Mortal Combat Armageddon. I don't think I'll be getting it. I tried Deception on Xbox and liked it, but I don't think I'll be getting Armageddon.

Spammerman
10-27-2006, 11:45 PM

Dont forget smoke. He rocked in trilogy

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2006, 12:04 AM
WHAAAAAATT??

When you say "last" do you mean latest or final???

It does look awesome...but it can't be the end!!!

Spammerman
10-28-2006, 01:44 AM
final. dont u watch commercials?

chaos_ghost
10-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Man I wish it was on PC:( But it should be fun to play as everyone is on there. And this won't be the last MK, just the last for the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube generation of consoles. And something that needs to be realized is that the reason so many people have been brought back to life with no clear reason(i.e. Reptile, Shinnok) is because this should'nt be treated like Deadly Alliance or Deception where everything is explained. It's suppose to be more like Gold or Triliogy with just a light brushover of a story that they'll edit and revise when they do the next one. So if your lookin for a deep story, look elsewhere. But if your just lookin for an excuse to use every playable character in MK history(which this is) than enjoy it.