PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest VIII Help

MustangCobraSVT
10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
I had a couple questions about DQVIII and was wondering if anyone could help me. I was wondering where do you guys think the best place to level up at, the high desert place or hollow hill. I also find it pretty hard to kill liquid metal slimes, they keep running away. Is there a more simple way of killing them besides using metal slash and such?? My final question is i wanted to make more liquid metal swords, armor, and shields but i ran out of the oriculam(sp) and slime crowns. Is there a better way to try and get those, better then having yangus try to steal them from a slime king?? Any help at all would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

MustangCobraSVT
10-31-2006, 02:31 AM
anyone??

Zeromus_X
10-31-2006, 02:36 AM
I remember leveling up normally with the final dungeon's monsters, as powerleveling in this game is quite tedious. It would be best to find a particular strategy to overcome any hardships you have rather than leveling up.

I didn't know that there was an infinite number of Orichalcum in the game. o_0; I guess gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/583527.html) will be your best bet if someone else has no answer.

Sephex
10-31-2006, 05:54 AM
Yeah, www.gamefaqs.com is a good site to go to for anything for just about any game.

Flying Mullet
10-31-2006, 12:26 PM
My best strategy for fighting Liquid Metal and King Metal Slimes is to have each member do the following:

Hero: Falcon Slash or Metal Slash with a Falcon Sword
Yangus: Use a Timbrel of Tension
Jessica: Use Twin Dragon Lash with Gringham's Whip or use a Timbrel of Tension
Angelo: Falcon Slash or Metal Slash with a Falcon Sword

When fighting King Metal Slimes, I have both Yangus and Jessica use a Timbrel of Tension while the Hero and Angelo Psyche Up. This way when they use Metal Slash next round they deal massive amounts of damage to whatever didn't run away. There's no point in trying to whittle away at the King Metal Slime's hit points as he has 30 and can run away real easily. Also, if he does run away after you have a high tension, then you get easy kills on the Liquid Metal Slimes.

MustangCobraSVT
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
thanks for all the help, i reallly appreciate it.