PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Questions

Bahamut2000X
10-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Well I've begun to take an interest in attempting to do editing of videos (Primarily I have ideas of splicing together scenes from FFXI, and using some nifty animations to make it interesting.) But I've been having problems finding a good free editor, and sort of wish to avoid spending money at the moment (As I'm litterly broke for a few months on wanting to buy any luxury items.) And before you askI can't use the windows movie maker, as I don't have XP and don't wish to get it (I'm on 2k if you need to know.)

So for any of those nifty movie makers out there, any recommendations on movie makers I could toy around with to begin producing things with?

crono_logical
10-25-2006, 10:20 PM
VirtualDubMod is ok for simple stuff and for starting out.
AviSynth is extremely powerful but you need to be happy with scripting and stuff, because it's not easy :p

Both are free :p

Shoeberto
10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Avidemux (http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/) is a good, straightforward, simple editor. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but it's suitable for chopping up and editing videos together.

rubah
10-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Remember that you're going to need a lot of RAM for all the file converting you'll have to do; and possibly a bunch of diskspace, depending on the quality of files you work with. Virtualdub would probably be good until you figured out what you were on about xD

crono_logical
10-25-2006, 10:44 PM
I love eating up to 50 GB when editing DVDs :p