PDA

View Full Version : Agrias/Orlandu Sword stuff...

feioncastor
10-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Are they based off of physical attack power or magical attack power? I'm trying to boost their power, and I'm sure if I should give them a Bracer or a Magic Gauntlet!

I had a few other questions, but dang it, I've forgotten them. I'll post them as soon as they come back to me, which will probably be the next time I play the game.

Jowy
10-25-2006, 10:26 PM
I believe it's physical attack power. I think Magic only affects Dark Sword and whatever Beowulf has.

Odds are I'm incorrect, but it's been six or so years.

Ragnarok
10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
It is based on physical attack power.

BG-57
10-26-2006, 02:49 AM
It's deja vu all over again. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=91721) :)

feioncastor
10-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Hah, my bad. I didn't see that other thread.

And I remembered my other question.

Spoiler Alert. If you have not finish Final Fantasy Tactics, don't continue reading

You see, I've gotten Ultima, a few times. I just kill either Celia or Lede (at Limberry, when you fight them with Elmdor inside) and then weaken the other one so she'll run away and cast Ultima on me, from a distance. Then I kill her and the resulting Demon and steal all of Elmdor stuff, then lay him out nice and quick.

So I was wondering, do Ultima Demons ever cast the spell "Ultima"? And can you invite an Ultima Demon or an Archaic Demon? And if you get an Archaic Demon, might it have Ultima Demon offspring?

I just fought Zalbag at Murond and I noticed he is accompanied by two Archaics and one Ultima. I tried using a similar strategy on the Ultima Demon to force an Ultima out of him, but instead, he used this spell that started with the letter "U", but was much longer than Ultima, and it was devastating. Even killed Orlandu in one hit. And Ramza certainly didn't learned that spell, even though he was the only one who survived it. And Zalbag killed him on the next turn.

And finally, let's say that I did not get Ultima from Celia or Lede, and I did not get it from the Ultima Demon in Murond... Does that mean that I'm not getting it at all? Are there any other chances to get it? I wouldn't think so since you go to Orbonne right after Murond, but I thought maybe they show up randomly, sometimes, though I've never seen them.

BG-57
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
So I was wondering, do Ultima Demons ever cast the spell "Ultima"? And can you invite an Ultima Demon or an Archaic Demon? And if you get an Archaic Demon, might it have Ultima Demon offspring?

Yes, but they use it as a last resort. So the best bet is to immobilize one and let Ramza wander just barely into the spellcasting radius of Ultima.

You can't invite any demons any more than you can invite Lucavi (although that would be cool). I would speculate that Archiac and Ultima Demons are breeds of the same monster class though, considering their similar appearances.

I just fought Zalbag at Murond and I noticed he is accompanied by two Archaics and one Ultima. I tried using a similar strategy on the Ultima Demon to force an Ultima out of him, but instead, he used this spell that started with the letter "U", but was much longer than Ultima, and it was devastating. Even killed Orlandu in one hit. And Ramza certainly didn't learned that spell, even though he was the only one who survived it. And Zalbag killed him on the next turn.

'Ulmaguest' maybe?

I tried Murond Chapel the first time I tried to learn Ultima, and I found it very very frustrating. :mad2: The Gates of Limberry Castle are still your best bet.

And finally, let's say that I did not get Ultima from Celia or Lede, and I did not get it from the Ultima Demon in Murond... Does that mean that I'm not getting it at all? Are there any other chances to get it? I wouldn't think so since you go to Orbonne right after Murond, but I thought maybe they show up randomly, sometimes, though I've never seen them.

Murond Chapel is your last chance (short of cheat codes) to teach Ultima to Ramza. The other two are the Gates of Limberry Castle and Inside Limberry Castle. Although I'm not sure if the Celia and Lede that the party fights on the Roof of Riovanes Castle can cast Ultima.