PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take to save a world

Ashley Schovitz
10-26-2006, 01:44 AM
How long do you think it takes on average for a whole journey in FF to be complete and how long do you think each one takes?

I'll only speak of the ones I've played in order

FFIV: I believe that this one takes the longest, the party gets seperated numerous times, and they have to go everywhere by foot, until they get an airship and with those old airships being so big, they're probably slow. I think that FFIV took about 6months to for it to end.

FFVII: I think this one might've been the shortest, let's say we count every time the party enters a town, they spend the night there and 1 night in the field or world map, then FFVII could've taken the party only 3 and a half months to save the world from meteor.

FFVIII: About 3 or 4 months for this one too.

FFIX: 5 months

FFX: This really seemed short I might say only 2 months for their journey, Spira's a small planet.

f f freak
10-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Normally about two days. Maybe more. Depends how long I stay up and play it.

Ashley Schovitz
10-26-2006, 01:57 AM
maybe you misunderstood the question I'm not talking about how long it takes you to beat the game I'm saying how long does it take the characters to the save the world as if you were living it.

f f freak
10-26-2006, 02:05 AM
I was joking. I guess it depends. in FF8 they seem to do it in like 2 months but in FF6 it seems to take like 6 months.

YTDN
10-26-2006, 09:04 AM
I was joking. I guess it depends. in FF8 they seem to do it in like 2 months but in FF6 it seems to take like 6 months.

In FF6 they get seperated for a year. I can imagine it would take a month or two to locate all the friends after that.

No.78
10-26-2006, 10:17 AM
X was totally less than a month

Ryushikaze
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM
FFX: This really seemed short I might say only 2 months for their journey, Spira's a small planet.

Spira, by planetary constraints, must be vaguely earthsized, but yes, they live on a small continent/ large Island.

Ashley Schovitz
10-26-2006, 09:57 PM

Spira, by planetary constraints, must be vaguely earthsized, but yes, they live on a small continent/ large Island.

mostly islands Besaid, Kilika, and Bikanel, are all Islands while the rest of the cities are connected on a continent.

The Crystal
10-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I think that depends of the size of the worlds. I mean, how we can know for sure, how many days the characters walked from a city, to another in the world map? The FF worlds are much more bigger than what we see during the game, and this is why we cannot know for sure.

Laddy
10-26-2006, 11:38 PM
FFVII: 5 weeks
FFIX: Month
FFX: Two Weeks

Darth Cid
10-27-2006, 12:14 AM

ditto

FFIV: 3 months or so
FFV: 3-4 weeks depending on the order in which you aqquire Adamant.

NINJA_Ryu
10-27-2006, 12:36 AM
FFTA prolly did take pretty long too, because of the darn "walk to a space and a day goes by" so it would prolly be about a year for that to be completed.

Ashley Schovitz
10-27-2006, 01:34 AM

ditto

FFIV: 3 months or so
FFV: 3-4 weeks depending on the order in which you aqquire Adamant.

But do you think that the cities and countries are that close together? Here on Earth it'll take a person 3 days to reach another city on foot. With IX it should take that much or longer since cities aren't so close together like in our age. We don't have any deserted areas that aren't specific to any city or country, practically wherever you go there's people, until you reach the mountains where it starts to get deserted. I think it would take longer with all the FFs that you listed.

Sefie1999AD
10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Final Fantasy IX started with Dagger's birthday and it ended on Dagger's birthday, so that must mean the game has taken exactly 1, 2, 3, etc years. I'd like to think the game took a year, but it could have been 2-3 years too since Dagger's hair has grown quite long again at the end of FFIX. Final Fantasy Tactics took several years. Ramza was 16 when I started the game, and he was 21 when I beat it.

Captain Maxx Power
10-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Since many of the worlds of FF don't have noticeable day/night cycles (cutscenes/changes of area don't count), it's hard to pintpoint a single amount of time that has passed on a game. Perhaps the one game that can be measured in a form of time would be FFX. During the game there are many times when time is obviously progressing (the ship to Kilika, half-way across the Mihen-Highroad etc.). However beyond the last part of the game it's possible to cross from one area to another and have the day obviously change quite quickly (think walking from the calm lands to Zanarkand and back, in our time it would take about three hours, yet an obvious day/night cycle has occured).

rubah
10-27-2006, 09:03 PM
You start FF8 towards March or April of the year, and end up around August or September.

Skarr
10-27-2006, 09:10 PM
FFVII can control your life for a full year. Don't believe me. Try this;

Have no girlfriend,
No heavy partying,
Have a low hourly job or school,
Stop posting in the FFVII section of eoff,
don't talk to Mullet about FFVII superiority.

You're set.

Darth Cid
10-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Final Fantasy IX started with Dagger's birthday and it ended on Dagger's birthday, so that must mean the game has taken exactly 1, 2, 3, etc years. I'd like to think the game took a year, but it could have been 2-3 years too since Dagger's hair has grown quite long again at the end of FFIX. Final Fantasy Tactics took several years. Ramza was 16 when I started the game, and he was 21 when I beat it.
I think they mean the time it took to defeat Necron, not the time it took for the game, now I have an alternate theory for FFIX's ending but I save it for fan fictioneers. And my opinion does not sway because I go order of how many Tents I used, I had at least 120 Tents by the end of my best playthrough, I used up only 26 or so, 26 days, added by some time Dagger was stuck in the castle for a little while at the beginning of Disc 3. A month.

Rocket Edge
10-27-2006, 11:57 PM
V took me the longest. I think that was because it was the hardest FF i played, but then again it beens years since i played it. If i were to play it now i think i would have a differant opinion.

Mirage
10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
I usually use 40-50 hours at saving a world, but I've done it in 20 too a few times.

abrojtm
10-28-2006, 12:45 AM
I think they would take pretty long times. Imagine walking from whatever town you live in to the next closest town, then to the next closest river, then to the next closest desert.

The Crystal
10-28-2006, 02:19 AM
You start FF8 towards March or April of the year, and end up around August or September.

How you know about this? Just a curiosity.

Fate Fatale
10-28-2006, 05:08 AM
I'm not sure, but my guesses are... (Note that these are somehow in my mind by an interview i heard or quite possibly a dream i had)

VII - 6 months
VIII - 6 Months
IX - 1 year
X - 2 months

So in otherwords, you all are on par to my mind.

ljkkjlcm9
10-28-2006, 08:30 AM
WELL, if they take giant steps, like they do on the map... and uhm, sleep for 1 second and get all the rest they need, like they appear to, it'll take an average of 30 hours (average because early games took a lot less, newer games take longer partially due to FMVs)

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
10-28-2006, 08:47 AM
I usually use 40-50 hours at saving a world, but I've done it in 20 too a few times.

blackmage_nuke
10-28-2006, 02:06 PM
I thought they would all probably take 1 month except a few such as VI where there is gap of a few years in the game.

I also think that the world doesnt rotate explaining why it is always night in some places and always day in others

Spatvark
10-28-2006, 04:03 PM

I don't know about the ending, but a March beginning holds water. Bearing in mind that it's originally a Japanese game, the Japanese school year ends in March, the next year starting in early-April. Given the situation, final exams and a graduation ball, that kind of time-frame makes sense. However, it far from guarantees it as fact. I'm curious as to how rubah's so sure myself. At best guess, I'd assume it has something to do with birthdays (Rinoa's is March 3rd, Squall's is August 23rd), but I've no idea =P

silentenigma
10-29-2006, 05:10 AM
False.

seriously, think about it.

Jqsh
10-29-2006, 09:42 PM
7=110hrs to do everything
10=115hrs to do everything
thats just 4 me tho:p

rubah
10-29-2006, 10:14 PM

I don't know about the ending, but a March beginning holds water. Bearing in mind that it's originally a Japanese game, the Japanese school year ends in March, the next year starting in early-April. Given the situation, final exams and a graduation ball, that kind of time-frame makes sense. However, it far from guarantees it as fact. I'm curious as to how rubah's so sure myself. At best guess, I'd assume it has something to do with birthdays (Rinoa's is March 3rd, Squall's is August 23rd), but I've no idea =P
The first magazine you find is Weapons Monthly March. The last one you find recently published is Weapons Monthly August.

The Garden Center computer system says that exams are in the spring, Garden Festival is in Summer during break.

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 04:00 AM
False.

seriously, think about it.

come to think of it, enigma's probably right, I think it was 3 days.

rubah
10-30-2006, 04:22 AM
Zanarkand-> Besaid 1 day

Besaid->Kilika 1 day

Kilika->boat to luca 1 day

Boat to Luca ->Mi'ihen high road 1 day

There's another night somewhere after Operation Mi'ihen, so at least one day, probably more than that.

Then we don't see another nighttime/twilight scene until The Spring (that I can remember) so that's another at least one day, probably two or three..

From there to Zanarkand is the same case, so another one and or two days.

Minimum of one week, based off of in-game sunsets and twilights.

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 04:27 AM
Zanarkand-> Besaid 1 day

Besaid->Kilika 1 day

Kilika->boat to luca 1 day

Boat to Luca ->Mi'ihen high road 1 day

There's another night somewhere after Operation Mi'ihen, so at least one day, probably more than that.

Then we don't see another nighttime/twilight scene until The Spring (that I can remember) so that's another at least one day, probably two or three..

From there to Zanarkand is the same case, so another one and or two days.

Minimum of one week, based off of in-game sunsets and twilights.

Yeah, that sounds right to me. :)

silentenigma
11-02-2006, 09:12 PM
No no no. a relationship (between tidus and yuna in particular) takes MONTHS to develop and climax in real life. either that or tidus is a major pimp.

Darth Cid
11-02-2006, 09:14 PM
No no no. a relationship (between tidus and yuna in particular) takes MONTHS to develop and climax in real life. either that or tidus is a major pimp.

Yeap, he's a pity pimp, he got Yuna to fall for his whining.