PDA

View Full Version : Ultimania

Forsaken Lover
10-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Yes. The Crystal talked about this a long time ago with me. He/she said the Guide said Kuja could only destroy a small planet. The Crystal provided no link to his/her translation of the Ultimania Guide. Does anyone have a translation of the guide that says anything like this?

Nasarian Altimeros
10-26-2006, 02:08 AM
No, people don't care about FFIX enough for anything like that.

Forsaken Lover
10-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Pretty much what I figured. I had looked everywhere and found nothing so i figured Crystal was full of it. Especially when he/she didn't even respond when I called him/her on it.

nik0tine
10-26-2006, 04:52 AM
I think a 'what are you talking about' is in order here.

Zeromus_X
10-26-2006, 04:57 AM
There is indeed an Ultimania guide for this game (nik, the Ultimania are official books endorsed by Square that provide more depth to thier respective games), at least according to Wikipedia. But to be honest, I've never found a translation of it.

Forsaken Lover
10-26-2006, 05:21 AM
I know there is one. i'm talking about The Crystal's claim he/she had a translation being crap. I found a copy I could buy on ebay. It's published by DigiCube, who handled Square merchandise. And like you, I have seen no translation of it anywhere on the net. And I'm not even sure if it would be as canon as teh ultimania Omega for FFVII or detail the same kind of info. I would say so but who knows.

Zeromus_X
10-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Well, if all the other Ultimania guides are canon, then there isn't a reason this one shouldn't be as well. Though it's a pity it doesn't seem to have as much attention, as it would make the world of FFIX more detailed (for better or for worse).

Forsaken Lover
10-26-2006, 07:11 AM
I would hope for the better. If I can find someone who has a solid grasp of Japanese, I'll buy it and try to get it translated. Until then, though, it's all up to our imagination. FFIX disappointed me in no areas so I would expect it be better than the UOG. There are a lot of details I would like to know about FFIX. And, if it's something I don't like, I can always burn it and who would know? lol

J/K

The Crystal
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Forsaken Lover, first i want to say that i'm a guy. Second, i never said that i readed the Ultimania Guide. I said that i found a guy that readed it, and he give a very good and rational explanation about the planets in IX, and said that this explanation was in the Guide. This is a link to a image in the Guide, and an explanation of the guy about what you see in it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/serapheit81/LifeFlowChart.jpg

Top lefthand corner is Gaia, and top righthand corner is Terra. Under it, in the bottom is how both function(the hole is actually the warp tunnel of the Shimmering Island). Terra is within Gaia's core and you can see that the buildings are actually within the inner layer of the core. When you actually travel to Terra, it appears to be another world, but in fact, it's within Gaia, on dimension. If you look at the sky in Terra, I believe it's when you first arrive, you see the roots of the Iifa tree stretching upward and they are wrapped around a glowing light. That's Terra's crystal. Terra's crystal is red. Red is the color of the light a crystal sheds when it's about to die. Blue is the color of the light of a healty crystal. They state that Each planet's crystal's aura is reflected by their moons. That's why one moon is blue and one is red. Terra's moon became Gaia's moon when the imperfect fusion occured, but the still shines upon it. The reason the Shimmering Island is "shimmering" is because it's the light of both crystals(Gaia and Terra) shining through the island. Now, if you look at the bottom diagram of the combined planets, you'll see that the crystal is purple. That's easy to figure out. It's showing for the presence of BOTH crystals. Iifa's roots are existing in both dimensions, as I stated. In Terra's, the roots are extracting the Terran souls from it's dying crystal. In Gaia, the roots are placing Terra's souls within Gaia's crystal and are extracting Gaia's souls, taking them to the trunk where they could be turned into Mist. That's the way to make Gaia into Terra.

If this is true(like i belive), then that means that Kuja destroyed a small and dying planet. This is what i was talking about.

Forsaken Lover
10-27-2006, 01:05 AM
In the end, it is no more than a theory. If it's right and actually was said in the Ultimania Guide, then I apologize to you and this person. But since no one can really prove it or deny it and all we have to go on is that guy's word for what it said...then it's really no real use.

The Crystal
10-27-2006, 01:58 AM
In the end, it is no more than a theory. If it's right and actually was said in the Ultimania Guide, then I apologize to you and this person. But since no one can really prove it or deny it and all we have to go on is that guy's word for what it said...then it's really no real use.

Unfortunatelly, you are right. He give a link to a image, and give a good explanation about it, and what i know about him, he is not a liar. But you are right. Just because i belive in this, doesn't mean that is the truth. I'm really sorry if i offended you in some way, in other threads. This was not my intention.

LoKuS
10-27-2006, 06:08 AM
very strange subject.

Bolivar
10-27-2006, 06:40 PM
very strange subject.

indeed. What I love about IX is that its storyline is real expansive, and it makes you think that this could have been going on the whole time during the other games. Alot of things to think about, I would like to see this guide translated.

Zeromus_X
10-28-2006, 06:21 AM
What I love about IX is that its storyline is real expansive, and it makes you think that this could have been going on the whole time during the other games.

:cat:? :confused:

I enjoyed how the game wasn't overly complicated and still had enough depth without people going 'omg teh Terra is teh Time compressionzxsspaweoj!!", disregarding the strange Necron threads that pop up every now and again.

Nasarian Altimeros
10-28-2006, 09:19 AM
indeed. What I love about IX is that its storyline is real expansive, and it makes you think that this could have been going on the whole time during the other games. Alot of things to think about, I would like to see this guide translated.
no

Bolivar
11-12-2006, 11:44 PM
What I love about IX is that its storyline is real expansive, and it makes you think that this could have been going on the whole time during the other games.

:cat:? :confused:

I enjoyed how the game wasn't overly complicated and still had enough depth without people going 'omg teh Terra is teh Time compressionzxsspaweoj!!", disregarding the strange Necron threads that pop up every now and again.

i didn't say it was complicated. What I meant was that there's alot of "mythology" in FFIX, like the 3 kingdoms, and each is very distinct and has alot of history and things to explore (except burmecia i guess). There's a history to the Cid family. Every town has alot meaning with it, and how they're all connected. There's alot to the world of Gaia in FFIX. Then there's the fact that there's a whole other world with its own story, and alot of artifacts and such from the other games coming into play. there was alot to it.