PDA

View Full Version : PSU... is it in you?

ljkkjlcm9
10-26-2006, 02:50 AM
I love this game. I haven't started playing online yet even, I'm currently playing the story mode and I already love it. Just got it today and it's wonderful. Got it for my laptop and I'm actually playing it right now as I type this, because it's windowed. It's truly a great game and you should all go and get it if you enjoy MMORPGs

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
10-26-2006, 02:59 AM
ME WANNA PLAY MEEEE WANNA PLAY!!!!!

ljkkjlcm9
10-26-2006, 03:12 AM
I just went to sign up to play online, the server at playsega is overflowing, so the site is down hahaha

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
10-26-2006, 03:18 AM
xD, yes, the creators wouldnt have expected this.

I do hope they put some moderation in it this time...

KentaRawr!
10-26-2006, 03:25 AM
I got it too, and I must admit, it roxorz my soxorz. Sadly, I've only been able to get the title of the registration page to pop up.

Erdrick Holmes
10-26-2006, 05:01 AM
I FUCKING HATE YOU ALL FOR PLAYING THIS BEFORE ME!:mad2:

I get paid on friday, thats when I'm getting mine. I'm tempted to take a day off of work just to spend it playing.

Samuraid
10-26-2006, 07:31 AM
PSU generally referes to a Power Supply Unit...and no I don't have one in me. :p

I'm guessing this topic is actually about something Phantasy Star related.

Rostum
10-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Nah, I'll be giving this one a miss. ;)

ljkkjlcm9
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes, Phantasy Star Universe... I just bought my 180 day plus 30 free day subscription!

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Ive still gotta wait a whole month, but once its out for the 360, im so buying.

JKTrix
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I was going to get the 360 version, but it is in fact blocked off from the PS2/PC versions. Part of me getting this game is to play games again with my local friends who have gone around the world to university, and they don't have 360s. It was a tough decision, because the 360 version was more appealing to me (Voice chat, also links with Japan 360 version), but in the end I'd get to play with more people I actually know, also from these forums.

Dreddz
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
I was going to get the 360 version, but it is in fact blocked off from the PS2/PC versions. Part of me getting this game is to play games again with my local friends who have gone around the world to university, and they don't have 360s. It was a tough decision, because the 360 version was more appealing to me (Voice chat, also links with Japan 360 version), but in the end I'd get to play with more people I actually know, also from these forums.

wow, that has really affected my decision, I didnt know about that ( even though its pretty obvious ). I really wanna get the 360 version, but maybe Ill end up getting the PS2 version. I still have to wait though :cry:

JKTrix
10-26-2006, 01:50 PM
PC version is the one I'm getting. I don't have the online stuff for the PS2 and I'm not gonna bother with the hassle of buying/setting it up. Plus I can plug one of my 360 controllers into the PC, so it'll almost feel like a 360 :p

ljkkjlcm9
10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm already online with the PC version... level 6, sythesizing some sabra's right now!

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
10-26-2006, 08:53 PM
I would be too, but I had to go to school. I'm registering now.

escobert
10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Nah, I'll be giving this one a miss. ;)

ljkkjlcm9
10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Level 10 yay... but we have the big football game tonight, so I won't be back on til tomorrow... Virginia Tech VS Clemson, home game

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
10-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Level 4 so far, and my character name is Nico. This game is groovy! =D

Erdrick Holmes
10-28-2006, 02:00 AM
Just got it today, the single player RPG... it's jsut so good, it's absolutely perfect. This truly IS the best game I ever played. It's as if Jesus, Buddah, Allah, Manan, and Captain Crunch made this game. All other games look like pure dog diarhea mixed with cat urine and Red Bull. Not even Guilty Gear XX#Reload, Suikoden 3, Virtua Fighter 4, or Phantasy Star 4 even comes close to how cool this game is.

I think I cried upon playing it. Bravo sega... bravo.

ljkkjlcm9
10-28-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm done for today, saving my money to get a really good Synthesis to make a great weapon... about level 15, ie really close, my single handed saber tech is level 11 and the combo is cool, he leaps in the air and does two even stronger attackes sending the enemies flying away from you, it's awesome!

THE JACKEL

Erdrick Holmes
10-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I love how this game treats the chapters as if they were episodes of an anime. In the begining of each chapter it plays the game's opening cinimatic each time, at the end of the chapter it shows a still art image and and scrolls down playing music as if it were an ending credit sequence minus the credits (I heard in the Japanese version they actually PUT the credits into it). At the end of that a narrorative goes off explaining and showing parts of the next chapter, and ends with 'Next time on Phantasy Star Universe, etc etc etc'.

Erdrick Holmes
10-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Does anybody know how to make Ethan use techs in the story mode? I bought discs and used them so he can learn them but I can't make him use them.

JKTrix
10-29-2006, 04:48 AM
i don't have the game yet, and i didn't manage to actually use TECHNICs in the demo, but I think sure they work the same as photon arts. They have to be linked to a weapon, then you have to be the right class to equip the weapon. I should be getting this game early next week, lookin forward to that

ljkkjlcm9
10-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Yes, you have to be the Force class to use techniques, because they can only be linked to staffs and wands, and only Force characters can use those weapons. Me, I prefer my hunter... the skills he can learn get to be awesome. Level 18 now, but I have a lot of school work to do... sigh

THE JACKEL

Rostum
10-29-2006, 10:57 AM
My friend is trying to talk me into getting it, so maybe I will.

I heard the offline mode isn't much to rave about (just what I heard), but the online mode is defenately lots of fun. Nice graphics too.

How well will it run on a P4 3.0GHZ, Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb, 1GB DDR2 RAM?

KentaRawr!
10-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Level 16 so far. The quest "Sleeping Warriors" on Parum is great for fishing for money.

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 04:32 PM
I dont mind waiting a full month to play ^^
It looks worth it!

ljkkjlcm9
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Level 16 so far. The quest "Sleeping Warriors" on Parum is great for fishing for money.
What's your name Kentarou and what server, we can harvest it together!

THE JACKEL

Erdrick Holmes
10-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Gah, I hate how in order to use a spell you gotta have a wand or a staff in your hand, And the only weapon you can have in the other hand is a pistol, and those soak up Photon alot...

Saku
10-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I just got PSU... played teh story a little bit.
Need to straighten out my card though before I can pay.... silly people don't have my country listed....

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
if I get this for 360 or PS2, will I be able to play online with people who have the PC version?

JKTrix
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
PS2 yes, 360 no. The 360 version, however, will be able to play with people in Japan as well as Europe, while the PC/PS2 versions will only have access to Europe and not Japan.

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Guess I'll go with PS2. Is there a voice chat option for PS2? And, if so, how do i go about getting it?

JKTrix
10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
No, that's another plus for the 360 side. The voice chat was probably the biggest reason I was going with the 360 originally, but once I realized I wouldn't be able to play with the PC/PS2 crowd I had to switch.

With the PC version, you could probably use a separate piece of software, like skype or something, to voice chat with a friend you've arranged with beforehand, but it's not included with the game software.

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Man. So, I would have to type everything to communicate with u guys? :eek::( :mad2: :cry:

Erdrick Holmes
10-30-2006, 09:38 PM
We need more talk about the single player game, like how it's the best game ever made, and anybody who says otherwise can safely classified an idiot.

Rostum
10-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Then again Joel, your taste in games is pretty crap. :D

Also, with the PC version, can Europe/Australia play with America?

ljkkjlcm9
10-31-2006, 05:33 AM
I use X-Fire to do voice chat if I chose to do it. Hey, if you guys happen to be lucky enough to run into me online and I give you my card, seriously, send me a message anytime and I'll help in any mission. I'm officially a MERC for hire now, just say you're from EOFF, no charge at all to help ya out! I'm Jackel of course, except with an E not a second A, and not all capital letters, when you see my card you'd know it was me

THE JACKEL

Garland
10-31-2006, 06:41 AM
I have a short-&-fat-as-possible, blue-haired fonewm, named Pompidou, and I'm always on universe 7 or 13. I'm on universe 13 most of the day, but I go on universe 7 later at night EST to adventure w/ a real life friend. They say server 13 is the unofficial FFXI community, so I've been there a lot trying to find familiar faces.

Markus. D
10-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Then again Joel, your taste in games is pretty crap. :D

Also, with the PC version, can Europe/Australia play with America?

Holmes, call Ome an Idiot and I will hurt you so bad ;\!

Erdrick Holmes
10-31-2006, 02:46 PM
He already is, bud.

Dark_Mage_Palom
10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
I've been thinking about getting this game for sometime now my only problem is which ver to pick Xbox360 or ps2

I'm pretty sure with the ps2/PC ver there will be way more ppl playing on there servers then Xbox360

blah I'll prob end of buying both :rolleyes2

JKTrix
10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_faq.php#gettingstarted

You cannot use the same Guardians License between the PC/PS2 version and the 360 version. The PC/PS2 version are identical in features while the 360 version has additional features.

In other news... MY GAME IS HERE! I should be playing tonight, but my friend Saku had issues with his account due to the country, so I might have problems too... suckness. Offline, here I come.

Rostum
10-31-2006, 11:03 PM
He already is, bud.

Ah! Wow! Calling someone an idiot because they don't like the same game as you, how mature! Grow up man.

I might give this a go, but at the moment I don't see much need to. I never got into the whole Phantasy Star thing.

ljkkjlcm9
11-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Let's put it this way, this is the only online game I have ever paid for, so it must be good in some way (IMO mind you)

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
11-01-2006, 11:47 AM

THE JACKAL

Sorry it took me so long. n_n; On this game, my Character name is Nico. I'm normally on Parum or Neudaiz in server 10 or 2. Look for the guy with the groovy shirt and the "emo" (according to my brother) pants.

JKTrix
11-01-2006, 12:54 PM
I managed to get online this morning, long enough to go through to the Mission tutorial and get my free Photon Art. My name is Fortissimo, I don't know what server I'm usually on yet :P Just level 2 at the moment.

ljkkjlcm9
11-01-2006, 03:39 PM

THE JACKAL

Sorry it took me so long. n_n; On this game, my Character name is Nico. I'm normally on Parum or Neudaiz in server 10 or 2. Look for the guy with the groovy shirt and the "emo" (according to my brother) pants.

hmm well my character number is.... 20003071, I'll try and find you, named Jack-el (no dash), level 26 now, I'll be server 2 on Parum at the place in between missions

THE JACKEL

Erdrick Holmes
11-04-2006, 02:54 AM
On the final chapter of the single player game. All of you guys need to play that, seriously, it's the best single player experience an RPG can bring.

Hyuga's amusing, he likes his women like how he likes his whiskey, 13 years old and mixed with coke.

ljkkjlcm9
11-04-2006, 05:30 AM
On the final chapter of the single player game. All of you guys need to play that, seriously, it's the best single player experience an RPG can bring.

Hyuga's amusing, he likes his women like how he likes his whiskey, 13 years old and mixed with coke.

DO you actually get anything for completely story mode? Because I've been spending ALL my time online, I'm level 30 now

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
11-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I'll play the single player game when I get the PS2 version.

Carl the Llama
11-04-2006, 12:35 PM
DO you actually get anything for completely story mode? Because I've been spending ALL my time online, I'm level 30 now

THE JACKAL

yes you get to find out the sory... like every other RPG lol, after chapter 4 you get to play extra mode where you can do all the offline free missions that ethan can do (so you can test out what type of character you want to be (me im planning on makeing a FOnewm) I wasnt able to sign up before sega got strict with the signing up thingamajig so no network mode till the 24th for me ; ;

Erdrick Holmes
11-04-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm stuck in the final chapter.

Hyuga and Maya are stuck on the SEED NEST and I gotta go save them. After the scene with Leo and Tonnio what am I supposed to do next?

Carl the Llama
11-04-2006, 05:14 PM
cant help ya im afraid, but i do have a question, what chapter is the final chapter? its 12 isnt it (at least thats what i think some Japanese guy told me) oh and what level is your ethan?

Erdrick Holmes
11-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Already beat it, and yes, Chapter 12 is the final chapter. My Ethan was level 55 when I beat Dulk Falkz.

ljkkjlcm9
11-05-2006, 05:46 PM
On online mode... if you want to raise the Armr. of your little pet... make a new character, CAST, as soon as you make him, take off his parts, put them in the common box, then logout. Delete that character, make a new one, and repeat. CAST parts raise it's Armr. by 8, which is the best I could find

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
11-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Apparently, completing Story Mode chapters will unlock a few missions Online, presumably from the Guardians. I haven't been able to verify this myself, because I've only completed the 1st chapter so far, but I am gonna see if I can go through the single player some more to see if I notice any additions to the missions.

ljkkjlcm9
11-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Apparently, completing Story Mode chapters will unlock a few missions Online, presumably from the Guardians. I haven't been able to verify this myself, because I've only completed the 1st chapter so far, but I am gonna see if I can go through the single player some more to see if I notice any additions to the missions.

can someone confirm this that has completed story mode!

THE JACKEL

Erdrick Holmes
11-12-2006, 02:11 AM
I've done an analysis on the characters and determined how they're related to the characters from PS1-4.

Ethan=Chaz
Ethan's Father= Alis Landale
Karen=Alys
The relationship between Mirei and Karen=The relationship between Nei and Neifirst
Leo=Odin (PS1), Rudo (PS2), and Gryz (PS4)
The Communion of Gurahl= The religion of the Dezolisians
Parum=Parma
Moatoob=Motavia
Neudaiz=Dezolis
Dulk Falkis=Dark Force
Revolt Magashi= Lord Zio or Lassic
Hyuga= Hahn
Guardians=The Hunters Guild
Locaim Nav= a combination of Raja and Grandfather Dorin
Newmans= Dezolisians on the count that the religion of Neudaiz matches the religion on Dezolis.

Apperently, when they made PSU they did to PS1-4 what XenoSUCKga did to Xenogears. Only this time they didn't hurt the gameplay.