PDA

View Full Version : Courage

Evol
10-26-2006, 02:57 AM
Laguna said that you need love and friendship for the mission.
And the courage to believe it.
I think I understand about love and friendship.
But I dont really understand why courage has anything to do with it.
Can someone explain it to me about this courage stuff?

nik0tine
10-26-2006, 04:49 AM
Could you save the world if you were shakin' in your boots? I think not.

Ryushikaze
10-26-2006, 05:04 AM
Yes, but only because I'm that awesome. Other people will need courage.

Christmas
10-26-2006, 05:39 AM
cour‧age  /ˈkɜrɪdʒ, ˈkʌr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kur-ij, kuhr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.
2. Obsolete. the heart as the source of emotion.
—Idiom3. have the courage of one's convictions, to act in accordance with one's beliefs, esp. in spite of criticism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1250–1300; ME corage < OF, equiv. to cuer heart (< L cor; see heart) + -age -age]

—Synonyms 1. fearlessness, dauntlessness, intrepidity, pluck, spirit. Courage, bravery, valor, bravado refer to qualities of spirit and conduct. Courage permits one to face extreme dangers and difficulties without fear: to take (or lose) courage. Bravery implies true courage with daring and an intrepid boldness: bravery in a battle. Valor implies heroic courage: valor in fighting for the right. Bravado is now usually a boastful and ostentatious pretense of courage or bravery: empty bravado.
—Antonyms 1. cowardice.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source cour·age (kûrj, kr-) Pronunciation Key
n.
The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

[Middle English corage, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *corticum, from Latin cor, heart. See kerd- in Indo-European Roots.]

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
American Heritage Dictionary of Idioms - Cite This Source
courage

In addition to the idiom beginning with courage, also see Dutch courage; pluck up (one's courage).

The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer.
Copyright © 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
WordNet - Cite This Source
courage

n : a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger of pain without showing fear [syn: courageousness, bravery] [ant: cowardice]

WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

:bigsmile:

boys from the dwarf
10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
the love and friendship is why they arrived at edeas house because it was a special place for them. courage is just confidence and beleif that they could reach that place. time compression works on those three things.

blackmage_nuke
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Because they had to believe in themselves as well as their companions