PDA

View Full Version : Liberi Fatali

Evol
10-26-2006, 03:01 AM
Why Liberi Fatali/Fated Children?
Why it's not Fated Man or something like that?
Squall and the others are not children anymore.
Like Irvine said "We are not children anymore, we are strong enough to take care of ourselves"
Can someone explain it me why?

Zeromus_X
10-26-2006, 05:09 AM
18- is still considered a child. Indeed, most people don't seem to be able to mature even after that, but that isn't the issue here.

The main cast are the 'Fated Children' because they're the children from the orphanage that reunited with eachother because of fate/destiny/all that great stuff. They're also SeeD, the children Cid/Edea adopted, etc etc. Nice soft symbolism doesn't need to be ruined by overthinking it.

Evol
10-26-2006, 05:16 AM
18- is still considered a child.
I dont think so.

The main cast are the 'Fated Children' because they're the children from the orphanage that reunited with eachother because of fate/destiny/all that great stuff. They're also SeeD, the children Cid/Edea adopted, etc etc. Nice soft symbolism doesn't need to be ruined by overthinking it.

But when they defeat Ultimecia they are not kids anymore.
The are matute.

Christmas
10-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Fated man always sound better to me, or fainted men and maybe farted men. :bigsmile:

Rantz
10-26-2006, 09:16 AM
One could also translate it as "Children of Fate", which could be symbolic, as if to say they can't change their fate. Children does not necessarily relate to age.

blackmage_nuke
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Because it shows that they were born as children fated to save the world or something

Ryushikaze
10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
One does not cease being a child of destiny when one becomes a man.

rubah
10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
They are united in that they were children together, and they'll always be Matron's children, in her eyes at least. 18-, eighteen or less, would be childlike, as that's the age that many people come into their rights in some countries. Not all of ff8's cast are even 18; infact, barring quistis, who is in teacher mode, and seifer who doesn't really grow up, they're all 17.

Zeromus_X
10-27-2006, 01:50 AM
^Yes.

Bolivar
10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Fated Children is in some ways a theme of the FF series, children who under certain circumstances were designated for greater things. Like Relm in FFIV, Bartz and Krile being children of the Dawn Warriors, how the kids in FFIII are all from an orphanage, the main characters in FFII having lost their parents at the beginning of the game, Cloud & Tifa having their hometown destroyed by an oppresive force.

It was their childhood - being raised by Edea - that determined how their life would turn out, especially w/ everything that happened to squall.

*~Angel Wing~*
11-05-2006, 08:40 PM
18- is still considered a child. Indeed, most people don't seem to be able to mature even after that, but that isn't the issue here.

The main cast are the 'Fated Children' because they're the children from the orphanage that reunited with each other because of fate/destiny/all that great stuff. They're also SeeD, the children Cid/Edea adopted, etc etc. Nice soft symbolism doesn't need to be ruined by overthinking it.
I totally agree. :up:

Evol
11-06-2006, 07:39 AM
It's the same with Michael Jackson's song "We are the World"
"We are the world
We are the children
We are the one who makes brighter day so let's start giving"
We can consider ourselves as "Children of this World" which is true.
Now I understand why it's Fated Children.

Wilder
11-07-2006, 05:00 AM
It just sound cool that way, why fithos lusec ?, it just sounds cool

Jimsour
11-09-2006, 05:17 AM
1. There are three of the main gang that are women. Rinoa, selphie, quistis.

2. The story includes them as children during flash backs, and their relationship with edea is from their childhood. since we know edea was under ultimacias control, it turns out to be "her children" that get rid of ultimacia, since edea was a mother figure (and probably still is) to most if not all of them excluding zell who was adopted into a more caring family.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-15-2006, 06:26 PM
It could refer to all of the student in the Gardens, and also in Japan you are, as far as I know (but I could be wrong) considered a child until you are 21.

SoupForInsanity
11-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah I grew up in Osaka... I guess you could say that you're considered a child until 21. Maybe more like 20... you have to be 20 to drive/drink. You're certainly not viewed as a full adult at 18.
Anyways... yeah "fated children" just sounds so much neater.