PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker Project: Tales of Litany

Ravur
10-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, and it looks good. My topic is about my current game I am trying to work on. It is not something simple and quick, I plan to make it a good game. The problem I have ran into, is time. So far I am the only person currently working on it. I have spent a good 3 months on it, on and off. I have done the character editing, graphic design, gathering music, image editing, map creating, etc. And I am still not near done with any of them. As for a story I have a concept but haven't pieced it together.

What I am looking for is help. Anybody at this forum who thinks they have what it takes to help me out will be fully credited in the game. Preferably people that have knowledge of RPG Maker XP.

Also, this is the only forum I have announced this project. So anybody helping will be from this site, so there is no advertising problems, and no confusion.

It is purely volunteer. So if I assign the job you wanted, you can always just back out, no pressure.

I think it will be a fun thing to do, and good for this site if it gets big. I have worked on a project similiar to this at a different forum awhile back and it was fun. The program I am using is RPG Maker XP: Postality Knights Edition.

I have attached a few screens on what the game will look like: NOTE that the character faces and names are just dummy's, they will change.

What I am looking for:
Co-Manager: I need someone that will be as dedicated as me. Will come up with ideas, talk to me and share his thoughts on the progression. Working alone is not easy.
Sprite Creator/Editer: Someone who is good at making character sprites, tile-sets, and battle sprites. Please specify which of these you are good at and would like to do.
Story Writer: People good at writing dialogue, and can come up with good plot points.
Map Designer: People that are creative and can make maps such as dungeons, towns, worldmap, etc...
Artist: Someone who is very good at drawing anime style characters. You will be drawing the character profiles and bromides.
Graphic Designer: Designing title, game over screen, different artwork. Coloring with photoshop. This and artist go hand in hand.
Composer: Not as important as the rest, but someone who has made good MIDI format music. If not I plan to use music from multiple video games. Original is always better nonetheless.
Scripter?: Someone who is good at scripting in RPG Maker XP: Postality Knights Edition.
Testers: People who just play the game and look for the bugs, and share their thoughts on its quality and gameplay.
Etc..

NOTE: More than one person can be assigned to each job, and one person can be assigned to multiple jobs.

I will post more demo screens depending on this threads popularity.

If you would like to discuss it in further detail, contact me using AIM, E-Mail, or just PM.

AIM: Ravur3k
E-Mail: Jake01@mchsi.com

Thanks ahead of time to anyone that is willing to help. And on that note, has anyone made or heard of any RPG's made by RPG maker they would like to share as well?

RAVision

Manager: Ravur ( me:p)
Co-Managers: Bloodstreaks, Izzo2
Mapper: Izzo2, Frozen Phantom
Story Writer: Outlaw Starwind, Tsukasa, TidusMaster, Darth Cid, Izzo2
Artist: Ravur, Rengori
Tester: Rinion, Slicksword45
Composer: Xaven, Kryton87, nikOtine

Izzo2
10-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Hmm...I can help, but I have the legal version(trial) of RMXP. Postality Knights is illegal. But I may help nonetheless. I am also currently working on a game, and yours sounds interesting. I have also written part of novel, so dialogue won't be a problem. And I've been recoloring sprites recently. Not in Phootoshop, tho. In PAINT.net. It gets the job done. May post and example soon. I can also do some mapping. i have Postality knights, as well. But I can't script. I can FIND scripts tho. And i can make windowskins. I'll try to find some custom menu systems. And, as far as a title screen, give me a rough idea of what you want, and I'll try to get it. Also, do you want your battles to operate like the normal "Tales" games? Cause i found those battly systems and sprites, too. It would just take some editing.

oddler
10-28-2006, 01:01 AM
I think you're seriously on the right track asking for help if you want to create a spectacular game in less than a lifetime. :p First step accomplished.

I'm sorry to say that I can't help with pretty much any of those positions. I do, however, wish you the best of luck and, whatever you do, don't give up too early. :D

Izzo2
10-28-2006, 02:00 AM
I can show you some of my mapping skills when I get to my other comp. But, if you want some good resources and scripts, check out http://rmxp.org

Eiko Guy
10-28-2006, 02:48 AM
i will totally be your writer lest your script burn in the depths of shame

Izzo2
10-28-2006, 04:23 AM
So full of yourself. Nah, jk. I like to write, but I want to get into mapping practice.

Ravur
10-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Alright good, I was starting to worry no one would reply. Dont' worry about the version of RPGMakerXP you have. Alright, you see I am good at the Artwork and Graphic Design. So artwork wont' be a problem now. Before I had to worry about EVERY aspect of the game. So if i get help, that means the more I can focus on what Im good at. As for custom menu, i took a script from rpg maker rescource, which was supposed to look like FFX-2's, but instead I took all the images and made my own for my own look to it, as showed in my attachment. As for the character sprites, I have made all my party members except for 2, the heroine, and the fisherman.(dont' worry, he'll be cool...) I will attach these for you and tell me what you think.

I am currently drawing facesets and profile pics (full body) for the characters.

This is what my game will involve graphix wise...

Custom Faces
Custom Profile Pics
Important scenes in pics
Bromides ( like the lunar games, where it is an item )
Title and Game Over screen
...possiblities are endless.

I will talk to you all who help me about what I have planned for a story.

Right now the dialogue is not as important as gathering all the raw materials such as pics, music, chipsets, etc... I need all these prepared before I start actually making the story. But when I do get all the materials I need for this game, the story telling will not be a problem.

Heres what I have accomplished so far:

-Most of the character sprites (main party only)
-Characters names
-Alot of music from video games ( music that is not too common )
-The hero sprite sets with some poses ( with his sword I am naming the Grand Cleaver...you'll see why)
-Introduction after starting a new game (still in testing but I have the had parts done)
-Scripts such as Custom Menu, Party Switcher, Pixel Movement, Shadows in maps, Mirror effects when looking into a mirror.)
-Custom Title Screen
-Script for a custom Message system

Alright then so far I have:

Izzo2: Mapping (may do more, not too sure what exactly you can do)
Outlaw Starwind: Writer

Looks good, thanks alot guys. And if any of you have a messaging screen name that would help alot, cus posting on the forum regarding the progression is time consuming and in-direct.

Rengori
10-28-2006, 06:09 AM
I need to start drawing again, I'll take artist.

I can sprite, but I'm really not feeling up to it right now. Got lots of stuff to do, spriting is a long process.

Ravur
10-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Great, I can always use an extra artist. Since I will be drawing the Profile and Face pics, I'll find something else you can draw. Just tell me what you prefer to draw, and I will find something pertaining to it.

Rinion
10-28-2006, 06:19 AM
I can be a tester, and maybe a writer if you need one or more, but don't expect wonderous things from me.

Ravur
10-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Alright, I will assign you tester for the moment, since writing is not a big issue right now. But I will note that when the time comes for another writer. Thanks for your help.

Nasarian Altimeros
10-28-2006, 07:30 AM
there needs to be more RPG Maker projects on this forum imho

Ravur
10-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Here are some screens from the games menu system, showing the status screen, with the character profile picture. The Item screen. And the Arts screen. So far I finished with the character Laine for face, profile, and bromide pics. Which is why you only see her right now...heh.

Frozen Phantom
10-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I could be co-manager or map designer.

Izzo2
10-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Okay, well. Later tonight, I'll show you some of my mapping skills. i found a great battle system, just like the Tales games. But, it takes FOREVER to make a new battle graphic.

Ravur
10-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Hmmm, I have been meaning to get a battle script, anything other than first person. The way I'm making the game it just wouldn't fit. So yeah I'm interested in the battle system your talking about, and making battle graphics as such would be time consuming.......but well worth it IMO. If thats the case and we do end up using it, I might make that a seperate job as well. The main aspect I am aiming for in this game is quality. So extra time towards making the quality better is always good.

And Frozen Phantom, if you are interested in helping me on suggestions, progression, outlooks, and what needs to be done, than I will gladly let you be Co-Manager with me. You just have to be really dedicated to the project, as if it were your own. And the Co-Manager MUST talk to me over instant messanger. So if you feel that you can be that dedicated to this project, that may take many months to complete, then IM me telling me that you will. (Given that you CAN back out of that job anytime, I really stress more importance to not backing out of that position than any other position.)

So if you feel that you dont want to do that than I will make you a Map Designer, which is also a very big help.

I am naming this volunteer "company," RAVision, and I will be using that in the opening credits, just for a little added realism to an actual video game.

Thanks Everyone again, I appreciate it.

Rengori
10-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Wow, this is looking very professional. None of the crap default stuff.

Ooh, I could try to draw the monsters.

Ravur
10-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah, Default = Bad...most of the time. Making the game as Original as possible is what we are aiming for.

As for the monsters, It's a good idea, but I think we should wait on that, since we dont have a working battle system yet. Right now its gathering members, getting materials, and gaining a solid base for this project, one where we can all work off. So hopefully in the next few days we'll have a good lead as to what everyone should be doing.

This is why I am leaving the events and the actual story and dialogue last. For example we start making the story, but we dont have all the materials in our hands to work from, therefore, the story and quality of the game would be limited to what we have, and later we would end up changing it multiple times. Thats what I want to avoid. (I have experienced this first hand, it is not fun. It just feels like you aren't getting anywhere.)

Rengori
10-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I do when I work with RPG Maker. Though I usually work as I get things done. And you're right, changing the story isn't fun to do.

And just so you know, you may need a few spriters. Someone for charasets, tilesets, and other spriting stuff. Everyone's got their own style, and it's hard to get more than one person to make the sprites look like someone else's. On the other hand, spriting takes a lot of time, and doing backgrounds and characters are two totally different worlds.

Frozen Phantom
10-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Ill try being the co-manager, if i cant handle it, then I will change to map designer.

Ravur
10-28-2006, 09:32 PM
And just so you know, you may need a few spriters. Someone for charasets, tilesets, and other spriting stuff. Everyone's got their own style, and it's hard to get more than one person to make the sprites look like someone else's. On the other hand, spriting takes a lot of time, and doing backgrounds and characters are two totally different worlds.

Yeah good point Rengori, I'll make people specify which category they are good at. And hopefully someone with knowledge of sprite creation or editing steps up. I have done all these jobs and know what I'm looking for. But as you said, everyones talents are different, and so is the way they do that talent. For example, my artwork can be totally different from yours. But I sacrificed having complete control on what everything looks like when i started this thread. That doesn't mean I won't suggest you guys to fix or do something different with your creations if I see a problem, but I can't be as picky as I was when I was working alone.

Frozen Phantom, I'll PM you a little later to discuss this further.

And on that note I really hope all of you give it 100% to your assigned jobs. That doesn't mean I'm expecting your time often, it just means when you do create something, give it your all, for the sake of the RPG. And above all enjoy what your doing, do not feel pressured into doing it, because I'd rather do it myself than have someone working on it that doesn't want to. I wouldn't mind at all if you said you didn't want to do it anymore.

This is everyones project now, not just mine.

Alright thats the last lecture anyone will hear from me, I just had to state that before we get into this project deeper.

TidusMaster
10-28-2006, 10:04 PM
hehe....im 14,but my dream is to make fantasy games..........i would like to work on the story,plz

Izzo2
10-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Well, let's see. You also have the added support of my one man "company" Sidewinder Studios. But, that can be in the ending credits. Want RAVision to be listed under "Independant Development Teams"? Like, how Bethesda Softworks is under ZeniMAX. Oh, the mapping! Hang on.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/ronanator/mapexample.png
That's a test map I'm still working on.

Also, I resent that comment about defaults. I use them soemtimes. Custom sprites can just get too time-consuming, but I do use some. I recolor them usually.

But, anyway, originals=more eyecandy.

Markus. D
10-29-2006, 03:25 AM
can I be a part of the Writers :]?

Ravur
10-29-2006, 03:58 AM
That looks good Izzo, glad to have you on the team.

As for the comment on the defaults, I have nothing against using them for any means. Just not for this project, for I want it to be different. I have made many short games with just defaults and enjoyed it.:p And I dont believe having some original character sprites thought to be as eye candy, rather a way to keep the characters more memorable and unique, as I also want this game to be.

As for that battle system you were talkin about earlier, can you show me it?

TidusMaster, your dream is my dream, heheh. Alright you can help me with the story.

Tsukasa, you may be a writer as well.

Thanks again.

Darth Cid
10-29-2006, 04:11 AM
Wish I could help, I got RPG Maker XP(Legal verison) I paid the $60 for. But I'm working on several projects at once right now. Sorry, I would help, good to know though that other people use XP, I rarely find good resources for the engine.

Ravur
10-29-2006, 04:20 AM
Heheh, I have been meaning to buy it. I am frowned upon I know by people for having the illegal version.:p I am a college student and money is something that I need to keep track of down to the dime. But I will buy it eventually.

Xaven
10-29-2006, 04:25 AM
I'm interested in writing music for this. I'm already working on something. Though you should probably enlist the help of a member named nik0tine. He has more experience with actual composing than I do. There are some other members as well who can write music. :D

Ravur
10-29-2006, 04:32 AM
That would be awesome. I really didn't expect to find people who can make music. That would be a great help. So basically the composers can make music whenever they feel like it right now, and start doing that now. Make whatever you want and I will definitely find a use for it. Thanks alot.

Rengori
10-29-2006, 04:38 AM
It'll be a lot harder to find spriters here, I think it's just me and Evastio here.

Slicksword45
10-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Wow, this looks so cool :)

I'll sign up for tester. Hurray RAVision

Edit: o, I got RPGmaker: Less-leagle-verison-that-I-forgot-it's-name.

Darth Cid
10-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Heheh, I have been meaning to buy it. I am frowned upon I know by people for having the illegal version.:p I am a college student and money is something that I need to keep track of down to the dime. But I will buy it eventually.

Yeah, I'm a college student too, I used an inventory bouns to get the legal because I was tired of the guilt of using an illegal 2000. I might be able to help write now that you mention it though, I can come up with some plot points.

Ravur
10-29-2006, 05:05 AM
Alright, we got another writer and tester, things are coming along very nicely:cool: .

Plot points would help, I have the story in pieces, putting them together is difficult. I will assure the concept of the story is original, but it is just a skeleton now. Thats where the writers come into play, to give the story form.

As for the sprite making Rengori, if no one wants to do it, I will end up doing it, which goes for anything else. I dont mind that at all, it just means more time on my part.

Hopefully soon I will post a demo of the Menu System ( The only completed thing in the game ):eep:

Frozen Phantom
10-29-2006, 05:29 AM
what exactly is the plot to this??? you havent really given the info on what this is actually about.

Ravur
10-29-2006, 06:01 AM
Good question. Like I stated before, what I have for a story is in bits in pieces, so to give you a plot summary it would have to be very limited, and may be changed. So I avoided that.

I will tell you something about the intro though:rolleyes2.

Intro: Shows a scene from the past (i dont know how long), of a group of heroes (dont know names or origins yet) fighting an "evil being" (do not have a name). The outcome ends in victory and tragedy, the heroes win and bring peace to the land, but the heroes themselves are not in good shape since the effect of the defeated "Evil Being" takes the hero of this group to a sad tragedy. What happened to the other members of this heroic group are unknown...

Now back to the present (dont know how many years ahead) a villager finds an un-clothed man un-conscious, with a sword at his side, and a strange tattoo on his arm....The Journey Begins!:) (and no the naked man is not the hero from the past :p, I wouldn't make it that easy)

This is just a rough layout of the intro, it is subject to change. Like I said I still need to piece stuff together.

TidusMaster
10-30-2006, 12:49 AM
cool! that sounds like a great story! I will TOYALLY love this! now,im not sure wat i'll need for this,so...
1.will i need RPG maker xp? if i do,then plz tell me!!!
2.you need to pm me alot and stuff Ravur!
3.ya...so...Ravur...wat should i do? right now im just going to think of some characters...

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 01:58 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/ronanator/mapxample2.png
I love editing stuff no one will use. BTW, this is actually for MY game, so no you can't have it.

Ravur
10-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Yeah Tidus Master, I will start PM'ing you shortly. And since your only working on the story with me, you wont need RMXP....yet. If you want to play the demo's you'll need it.

And Izzo, that looks cool :cool: . I like the detail. Like I said before, glad to have you helping. I'm good at making maps as well. But yeah, whenever your ready to make some for ToL, just tell me and I will tell you what I would like to have. Thanks

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 04:16 AM
Now what kind of battle system are we aiming for? In all of my RPG Projects I try to look for scripts with different views or different turn system, like I'm doing a Final Fantasy fan game, found a side battle "walker sprite" battle, and ATB and a menu showing the face portrait so now (minus the bizzarro cameo appearences) it looks like an actual FF game. I know a site where people have all kinds of neat scripts for (the legal verison of)XP, all you have to do is credit them for it.

Zeromus_X
10-30-2006, 04:18 AM
Would it be possible for me to assist with artwork?

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 04:40 AM
alright, I guess I'm ready for a map. But, you'll have to send me the Game.rmxproj file before i can get it in the game. RMXP.org or Phanxgames.com

Ravur
10-30-2006, 08:50 AM
For the battle system, I was aiming for something like FF or something that involves battle graphics, anything thats not first person view. I havn't had the chance to look at any scripts yet. If you have a good suggestion on which one i should use that'd be helpful.

Zeromus_X, I would be happy to let you help with artwork. Just PM me and show me some of your artwork. That would be great, thanks.

And Izzo, I will work on getting you the file you need, probably wont be until Tuesday or Wednsday, since I have an exam i have to study for tommorow. I'll PM it to ya.

Bloodstreaks
10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
PM sent :)

I have quite a large knowledge of RMXP, hoping to secure a co-manager spot here :)

Well, its all in the PM I sent :)

TidusMaster
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
ok,i cant WAIT to start on helping you with the story Ravur!!!soo
!.is there going to be more then 1 race?
2.is the fighting gonna be like FF? or i was thinking it could be kinda like chrono Trigger.

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey, TidusMaster, I'm in the process of writing a novel right now, I could help with the writing.

Ravur
10-30-2006, 06:58 PM
sounds good Bloodstreaks, I look forward to working on it with you.

TidusMaster, I'll PM you about a rough example of a story soon, and that goes for the other people helping with the story. Than just PM me back on suggestions, plots, characters, locations, etc.

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Put me down to help with the story too

Ravur
10-30-2006, 07:07 PM
cool, alright. So many people helping on the story, its bound to be a good one.:D

Izzo2
10-30-2006, 09:35 PM
My MSN messenger is cwphil4cats@hotmail.com
everyone needs to give theirs, for higher-speed chat,

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 09:47 PM
For the battle system, I was aiming for something like FF or something that involves battle graphics, anything thats not first person view. I havn't had the chance to look at any scripts yet. If you have a good suggestion on which one i should use that'd be helpful.

You have to give credit to the creator for these scripts, combined, they make a near perfect FF-eqse ATB Battle System, without looking up a bunch of animations, it uses the animations from the character sets instead.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showpost.php?p=95872&postcount=2

I use this for my FFIV spinoff fan game.

Bloodstreaks
10-30-2006, 09:52 PM
My MSN messenger is cwphil4cats@hotmail.com
everyone needs to give theirs, for higher-speed chat,

What if you dont have msn? :P

I do, but yeah, I'm just saying.. :)

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Change to Writer's credits, I am formerly known as ZidaneAndGarnet, I am now Darth Cid.

Slicksword45
10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
I should have said this before, but I can only get on the computer on Mon., Sat. and Thur.

Man.... Being 13 stinks... :(

TidusMaster
10-30-2006, 10:48 PM
ok,my msn is Final-Crisis@hotmail.com
add me if your a writer..

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't care for MSN, so I'm gonna need updates, if y'all go with MSN.

Slicksword45
10-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Same here, I have no Msn. Just Pm me :)

TidusMaster
10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
alrighty then....im just gonna talk about the story with some of the writers here....

there should seriously be some romance in this....
and i think we need to make a really good story for the mysterious awesome guy....ya

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 11:30 PM
But of course, he can't remember his story, so it comes back in fragments.

TidusMaster
10-30-2006, 11:48 PM
yeah,of course. thats good,and makes sense...
now,i think this guy should be the leader of those legendary heroes. OOOHHHHHHHH! and some of the main bosses could be the evil ghosts of his party members!! and then,when you defeat all of them,one of the monster/ghost bosses say "you always wanted your way ******(w/e his name is)and ya...

Darth Cid
10-31-2006, 12:17 AM
We should also state that there was a downside to what heroes did, and the main character somehow has to bare the guilt of it.

Kryton87
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
The idea is awesome. How much of the logistics do you have worked out? Like, do you have a world map? Do you have a rough idea of how long the game will be? Do you know any specific areas that will be covered? Do you know who the main villain is? Is there another villain? Or even some kind of oligarchy type structure?

I've tried making games before myself. None lasting more than a month or two in time I've worked on it, and none of them have come close to being finished. I don't know RMXP that well, but I can do music fairly well, and I can of course do testing. (then again... who can't?)
I'm also good with storylines (or so I've lead myself to believe) Just ask me what you need, and I'll get it done.

I have samples of the music I've done. I'll edit this post later when I have a link.

edit: http://winegarden.homeip.net/phoenix/index.php/Music_stuff

Also, there's a wave file I made on that page too. And keep in mind, this is just a small selection. I have more, and can make whatever you want.

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 12:23 AM
YES!!! ok,i wish Ravur was here now and could here these things... anyways...
Maybe there is something that the main characters ancestors did (they were heroes too) and they...like...slaughtered ALOT of people....OR they killed off Dragons,and they were thought to be evil,but they were actually holy...
and then to repent his sins, the heroe has to go to the holy lands and has to bring back the dragons!!! and he has to kill 5 angels to get to the Dragons!!! Anyways....this is all up to Ravur...if he doesnt want this stuff...then its his choice...soo..ya!

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 12:25 AM
ya,we need a villian... but thats ALL up to Ravur...so,hopefully he posts today..

Goldenboko
10-31-2006, 12:25 AM
I know this is kind of rude... but what is the fun in making an RPG when you have someone make your maps, decide your music, makes the story, makes your sprites, and makes your images. Personally when I make games I do it just for the fun of making them. I love my game ideas and love to do it. How is it fun when you have everyone do everything?

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 12:29 AM
well,think of it.....its like making an ACTUAL game!! theres never just one person working on a game...like FF for instance...they need TONS and TONS of people working on it! its just so fun!!!

Izzo2
10-31-2006, 12:32 AM
I say that there should be an order of some sort. That worships the Heroes' dead spirits. They could be called something along the lines of THE ORDER!(How's that for cliche?;))

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 12:42 AM
ya,sounds good..maybe another name,like,something more flashy....hmm... but good idea!
hmm....we kinda need Valur to tell mus the story...so we can be all like "OOHHH!! Valur has already said that this is done,so we wont touch that!"

Goldenboko
10-31-2006, 12:44 AM
well,think of it.....its like making an ACTUAL game!! theres never just one person working on a game...like FF for instance...they need TONS and TONS of people working on it! its just so fun!!!

What you think this game is going to get published or something? My point is if all these people are working on Ravur's game, Ravur no longer works with it, its barely even his game anymore. I'm asking where is the fun in that.

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 12:44 AM
ya...so maybe wait for instructions from Valur

ok,Gold, i never said its going to be published! im saying that its kinda cool,cuse if we want to be game makers when we grow up (like me" this is a cool experience!!

just being a part of a cool fantasy world...its cool

I've merged your posts. Just remember not to multi-post in the future! :) :cat: ~ Zeromus

Darth Cid
10-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Um, TidusMaster, I hate to be rude, but no multi-posting, there is an Edit button.

Boco, with all due respect, Ravur invited to be a part of his staff, and we whom liked the idea, of trying this big concept, decided to take the invitation. I hope you're not a RPing person, because if you are, you're being a hypocrite in saying it's bad to work on this, because in an RP, it's a bunch of people putting something together.

Now then, we need a base of sorts, I have a small invisionfree board, I can set up a group and forum with sub-forums not visible to just any member, to work in private.

All for it, say YAY!

All opposed, say NAY!

All I'm saying is, a better communication system is by having something open to us, the game developers, so that we don't give away spoilers to the public.

Rostum
10-31-2006, 01:06 AM
The fun is being in a team, and accomplishing a finished product as a team.

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 01:06 AM
oppps! sorry! im kinda new here! i'll remmember that! thakns Dark Cid!Yes! thank you Omecle!!ok,back to the story..any ideas,writers?

Darth Cid
10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
It's Darth Cid, and reading back to my previous post, because I did have to edit, we should talk with Ravur on starting up a board open only to us or using mine.

I also have an idea for a scripter, I'm about to PM him on rmxp.org and invite him, SephirothSpawn a.k.a. Trickster, he's a nice guy and a scripting genius.

Kryton87
10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
by writers do you mean script and story writers? I could do that. I can also do coding, but not in RMXP. I can do coding in Java or C++... kinda... I'm a student of the art of computer science...

Maybe I should learn Ruby... I hear its very similar to RMXP script.

Alright... in any case, I can do music, I can do story, I can do sound effects. I can't do graphics... which is one thing thats held me back in my other games. Heh... maybe after this project the graphics guy could help me with my projects... that'd be cool.

But I need a list of sound effects and music to make. Or a list of places to go so that I can figure out what music/sound we'd need.

Slicksword45
10-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Yay Dark cid :)

Wait... Will testers have a part in the boards?

Anyway I still can't wait for this.

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 01:20 AM
ok,so wat do yuo mean by boardsA? as in things that we can use JUST for the staff for the game?

omg...WHERE IS RAVUR!!!!

Kryton87
10-31-2006, 01:22 AM
oh right... my Instant Messenger name... I'm Kryton87 on Aim. Just send me an IM if I'm on, and if I'm there I'll respond... I have a tendency to leave it on like, 24/7. But that does mean that if you IM me and I'm not there, I'll get it when next I check my computer.

Slicksword45
10-31-2006, 01:34 AM
I just told my friend about it, and he wanted to see how far this goes before Namco sues you :)

Darth Cid
10-31-2006, 01:34 AM
What I mean is exactly what you mean I believe, I can set up a private on my invisionfree powered message board only visible to us, the staff, so each department has an area to discuss their idea, and the departments submit ideas to other departments, it's virtual staff room of sorts.

Kryton87
10-31-2006, 01:39 AM
sounds awesome! Can you send me a link when you have that set up?

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 01:48 AM
ya! but we have to wait for Valur...

Darth Cid
10-31-2006, 02:04 AM
That is true. He's usually on by now.

Izzo2
10-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Well, um...How about names? OH! That Organization cold be called The Sanctum!

oddler
10-31-2006, 02:28 AM
Well, so far, I've been pretty impressed with Ravur's leadership ability. :)

I think it's great to see a team working on something together and hopefully a superior product will come from this as opposed to games that are rushed because of time constraints from only having a limited number of people working on it.

With that said, however, I strongly urge all of you to put the most into each of your areas. Story writers, make sure your plot makes coherent sense and isn't too cliche (like mine ;) ). Music writers, take the time to make an in-depth moving score. Spriters, whip some graphic ass. With so many people working on one project, you should be able to spend huge amounts of time on critical areas to make sure they're "perfect" instead of rushing and trying to force everything together.

With that said, also try to come up with standardized practices for each area. If one writer has an idea and it gets shot down by everyone else, don't shove it into the story anyway because, in the end, the plot will end up with too many unfinished tangents. Make sure everybody stays consistent with everyone else.

Ravur, and all other team members, I hope this project comes through and I hope you know that I hold the highest expectations for this game. :)

Darth Cid
10-31-2006, 02:33 AM
The Sanctum...the question is how many times it's been used in a game. We need to think if we want this game to have one fixed ending or multiple endings. Alternate final bosses for each ending if we go with multiple endings, in other games, multi-ending games make a habit out of the same final boss for each ending, change it up depending on which side of the main character leans.

oddler, you have some good points there, even the best and best thought up RPGs that are even officially sold games like Final Fantasy can end up with alot of loose ends.

Izzo2
10-31-2006, 02:55 AM
Well, I think multi-ending would rock. Like, the player could join The Sanctum or the good guys, whatever their cliche name is.

Darth Cid
10-31-2006, 03:09 AM
We mustv try our best not to be cliche.

Izzo2
10-31-2006, 04:05 AM
Is it really an RPG if it's not cliche? lol.

Ravur
10-31-2006, 04:54 AM
What you think this game is going to get published or something? My point is if all these people are working on Ravur's game, Ravur no longer works with it, its barely even his game anymore. I'm asking where is the fun in that.

I read this and laugh. I have been working on this already for a couple months, and still work just as much on it now then i did before, if not more-so. Before I had my own time to do this, but now I need to be on top of it and telling people what needs to be done. Now, while Im doing something, someone else can be doing something else. We are working on it together, I wanted everyone to share my vision in a game, and I knew it would be fun. Therefore, your right, its not just my game anymore, it is everyones who wants to help. I still have the say in how I want things to progress, but the way they are done is by the members of the team. Now if you would be so kind to not post in this thread if your going to give negative comments that would be great. I have actual members of this project I need to reply to often. In the future I will ignore anything negative posted in this thread from a random poster.

I am browsing through the thread and wondering if I was in the right one lol. Glad to see people communicating, and if I am not around, I am most likely studying or on campus, I am in college.:cool: Well you guys seem to be getting the story. I'll add what I had in mind, heheh, then we can build if you like it.

Introduction
Mysterious naked man shows up with a sword beside him and a tattoo on his arm. This can be a few hundred years to thousands of years in the future. What I thought of was the legendary heroes from the past were given the power of a dying "god" or guardian you might say, as a final gift and power to defeating the Evil Guardian or "god" (name for this would be needed too, guardian is used alot...) So they recieved power from the "light guardian" which is now dead, so they could stand up to the evil guardians curse.

The Evil Guardian (Needs name): A lifeform set on a far higher plain then humans. He was sealed by the Light guardian centuries before, but was awoken which forced a band of heroes to team up with the light guardian who watches over the world to once and for all end his threat on the world. He seeks destruction, and chaos. He can possess any human and take control over them.

The Light Guardian (also needs name:p ): A lifeform set on a far higher plain then humans. Loves life and supplies the world with prosperity.

The Curse: The Evil guardian can curse anyone that comes in contact with him, which shows up as a tattoo ( more as a brand ) somewhere on the victims body. With this the evil guardian can possess anyone with this curse. The light guardian gives the heroes the last of her powers to protect them from this curse in the fated battle of the past.

Now as for the outcome. The hero, naturally, goes to finish him off after the battle, but is struck by the evil guardians blade as a last resort and creates a vortex like black hole that eventually left a scar in the guardian world. The hero is pulled into the vortex forced by the Evil guardian, along with everything else in the area. The other comrades were believed to escape the disaster, but were never seen again shortly thereafter...

The world was free from guardians and was at peace for many centuries thanks to these brave people.

http://rpghomeland.homestead.com/files/Naked_Hero.png Now back to the present, lies a naked man, with a tattoo and a huge blade. I thought this man could be in fact the hero that was impaled, but at the same time not him. The flow through the vortex caused everything to compress, some things just dissappeared, and as for the hero, his body was dead from the impalement of the evil guardians sword. But the power that the light guardian gave him still lingered inside his body. The power evolves through a long period of time in the vortex and takes over the body creating a whole new conscience, reviving the old hero but not his soul. The old hero is dead....( I think, heheh ) The sword that is by his side is the Evil guardians sword, and will be used by the hero of this story(thought that was kinda cool). And the tattoo waaasss....the mark of the evil guardian.

The sword changes its color after the hero of this story uses it, since the power of light that resonates his whole body makes the sword less evil and wieldable by our hero.http://rpghomeland.homestead.com/files/Grand_Cleaver.png - Which I named Grand Cleaver

Now throughout the story the hero is constantly being tormented by flashbacks of pain and suffering, and hears a voice in his head every so often. I thought this could be the Evil guardian still clinging to life by the curse on the hero's arm. So the hero would have the power of both light and dark guardian. But suffers greatly from the burden. I think this would make the hero interesting since he is the only living entity left of the "guardians". "Born from Light, Living in Darkness"

Now this is something i thought up, and needs to be worked on, feel free to build and tweak, or think of something totally different. But this is what I want to aim for :p and I like the concept, but needs to be smoothened out.

Some questions to think about:
-Name of the "Light and Evil Guardians." ex. Life guardian and Death guardian, they could be gods, one good and one bad with names, etc...
-How did the Light Guardian die?
-Villian in the story: ex. Someone also with the same tattoo and is completely insane, someone searching for the power of the guardians, etc...
-What is the real threat in the game?
-What has the world been like with no "guardians."
-How is the hero significant in this plot?
-What happened to the legendary heroes?
-Is the guardian world erased from history and no longer exists?
-Who was the hero that was pulled into the vortex? ex. A prince of a kingdom? A do gooder who just loves helping people? A merc, thief, or a blacksmith?
-Do people pay tribute to these heroes somehow?

The possibilities are endless. Really think hard to make the story make sense, as I will be too. Give eachother suggestions and feedback.

The idea of a chat room thingy would be great for the story writers btw! A very good way for me to communicate with everyone at once.

Kryton87
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
the only issue I have with this, is that this guy seems a lot like Cloud. Why does he need a massive sword? Why not like, a Katana? or a normal size sword? maybe like a flintlock pistol or something? or how about maybe an axe, hammer, or some other such thing? Oversized swords in my opinion have been overused.

heh... he could weild a Katamari... heh... or maybe someone else could.

Bloodstreaks
10-31-2006, 05:10 PM
the only issue I have with this, is that this guy seems a lot like Cloud. Why does he need a massive sword? Why not like, a Katana? or a normal size sword? maybe like a flintlock pistol or something? or how about maybe an axe, hammer, or some other such thing? Oversized swords in my opinion have been overused.

To be honest, I totally agree with this.

On another note, I'm not gonna be able to do much tonight, going out with parents to avoid trick or treaters.

Have made quite an extensive item list that I could share with you guys at a later date. If you have AIM, MSN or Yahoo, PM me your address, I'll add you and send it to you :)

Izzo2
10-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Well, I can sprite some swords, but someone else will have to animate them.

Ravur
10-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Hmmm, i didn't think there were too many games that the hero had an oversized sword. Other than FFVII. And the fact that it was the "Evil Guardians" sword it would have to be big IMO. This guy is nothing like cloud, other than the fact his sword is big. Other than the big sword idea, there is no similiarity.

But if the majority dislike the idea I can change it, its just I already made a few sprite sets that have him with this sword.

Kryton87
11-01-2006, 04:26 AM
well, FF7, 8, and several Animé's have oversized or physics defying weapons. I'm not saying I completely dislike the idea completely, and if you're attached to it then I won't bring it up again. But a funky weapon on a main character wouldn't interest me all that much. On the other hand, a side character, or just another character weilding a funky weapon would be cool. I like Barret's Gunarm more than Clouds Sword, as an example.

However, that can be changed without too much trouble even somewhat further in the production. So without too much debate, I think we should focus on other things, like... he's nude, and washed up on shore. What happens? Is that immediately when the player gains control? Or is there a cutscene of him finding clothes or something? Or does he just walk into town in the nude? Oh yeah, if he does have a physics defying weapon, would other people notice? I think they should. It kinda bothered me that no one noticed just how big the Buster Sword was.

Rengori
11-01-2006, 04:32 AM
The sword's only oversized in sprite porporition, it probably isn't all that big really. A regular FFVI sword diagonal is as tall as the character.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/compare.gif

Kryton87
11-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Ok, I won't say another word about it. Lets move on.

TidusMaster
11-01-2006, 04:55 AM
......Ravur....dont liten to them....
the sword is fine how it is....
YOUR the one making the game
YOUR the one in charge
now,i think nothing is wrong with making him have a huge sword,and look at his Sprite...its not like its easy to weild....he has to not drag it..but its hard to carry,so he kinda carries it behind him.ok,for the villian,i was thinking his name should be Xepher...now his story is...is that he was one of the legendary heroes,and he was in the party destroying the evil Guardian(Axil could be the Ev.Guards.name)and he got hit with the sword and got infected with the curse. The Light Guardian(Zeypher,maybe) gave him the blessing,but rigged it or something...so Xepher got cursed with crazyness and evilness...

Izzo2
11-01-2006, 05:24 AM
I think the main character should get clothes from a passerby. Like, he picks up the sword, memory gone, and threatens them. The passerby throughs some clothes at him, and the screen fades to black and then back and he has his clothes on. Then the game begins, and you find the town after some battles.

Ravur
11-01-2006, 05:28 AM
I'll put that thought about not having the big sword to the side for now, I might change it just for the fact I came up with an idea for the story.

EDIT: Thats a possible idea too Izzo.

Instead of the hero having the Evil guardians sword, why not let the villian have the weapon that belonged to the evil guardian. So this vortex released these objects in it throughout time. Maybe the Evil guardians sword showed up in time earlier than our hero did. And a certain kingdom locked it up for safety or for display. Until our villian, probably crazy and seeking power from the cause of painful past (just for an example) decided to steal it. The sword is evil and powerful and so is the villian. I think that would fit also.

As for the hero, I thought maybe he could appear in the woods by a lake, and a fisherman/hunter finds him and takes him back to his little shack. The villager lets him stay there for a little bit to see if he regains any memory, but doesn't. So he suggests he go to the nearest town. So the Fisherman/Hunter gives him the necessary tools, armor, and weapon for getting there. Maybe thats how he gets his weapon? Maybe the Fisherman/Hunter comes with him, or maybe he can be a character. Those are just my thoughts. Anyone else have a good idea?

RiseToFall
11-01-2006, 05:35 AM
I hate to be the party pooper here, but wouldn't it be easier for you guys to give each other E-Mails, IM, maybe even Phone# and do the project that way?

Or are you guys still searching for more people to join?

Ravur
11-01-2006, 05:38 AM
That is being worked on, we might have our own board for this soon. Right now yes, we are looking for people, and still need this thread, right now though its the only thing we have to discuss it with everyone.

RiseToFall
11-01-2006, 05:42 AM
Oh I see, I just wanted to give a suggestion that's all. I think it's great that you guys are all coming together to create something. Hope it turns out as good as it sounds. Good Luck.

TidusMaster
11-01-2006, 05:47 AM
umm.....Ravur? are you gonna consider my idea?

Ravur
11-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Yes, sorry for not replying to that TidusMaster, sometimes my computer is slow and the only thing i saw was the post above mine. I like where you are going with it, but the part about the Light Guardian rigging the power she gave to one of the heroes is probably not going to be used. Since she's supposed to be the "Good Guardian."

I will say no idea is a bad one, becuase even if we dont use all of your idea, we may use parts of it, and parts of another. Thats why there's more then one story writer.:) Thanks for the idea Tidusmaster.:cool:

Markus. D
11-01-2006, 06:06 AM
the plotline so far is neat n_n

sorta like one of the old BoF I once played.

except, not really like BoF, more like Tales of Litany. :3

TidusMaster
11-01-2006, 06:50 AM
ok,lets talk about this abandoned forum....
how would we use it? would each "job get a specific kind of thread?

Kryton87
11-01-2006, 07:14 AM
so what does this evil bad dude do? Aside from being evil and crazy and all that, what specifically does he do that merits him being a threat? And what scale is it? Global threat, local threat, or even universal? I had a friend once who had an idea for a bad guy who would go around destroying universes because he wasn't allowed to be a god. Or he could be a small threat at first and then grow to be larger as time progresses. His powers grow stronger, his craziness grows more insane... etc.

hmm... ok, so Evil Guardian uses most of his strength to possess a cursed man. That would explain the protection breakage. Now the evil guardian is weakened. The evil bad dude then goes off to do evil nasty things. Like, killing people for fun, and that kind of thing... lets say he gets put on trial somewhere. But instead of standing it, he takes out the security, the judge and the entire staff of the courtroom, plus the jury and attendants. Then flees to another city and proceeds to make a name for himself as a villain. Over time he gains demonic powers as the evil guardian regenerates from being weakened. Maybe he gains some followers. Maybe with a cry like, "If you long for power, hold this sign [hold up sign] in protest in the city of [xyz city name]!" And then goes on to destroy everything in the city except the ones who follow him. Then he finds the strong ones and uses them as lacky's. Only after that will his true purpose be revealed. He builds a stronghold there using dark sorcerous energies, and sends his lacky's to hunt down the one man who could oppose him and bring back that sword, while he begins a ritual to remove the protection of the light guardian.

Just before then of course would be when we come to meet our hero. Then he goes off on a quest because he doesn't belong anywhere, and he has an idea of what he should be doing.

ok, thats an idea, lemme know if you like it.

Ravur
11-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I like that idea Kryton, let me merge some of yours, Tidusmasters, and mine and see how it sounds.

Past
The battle against the evil guardian ended. The leader of this group walks up and is about to finish him off until the evil guardian decides to transfer all his power into the leader which resulted in the curse and creates a blast and a vortex.

Our hero is one of the legendary hero's. The leaders best friend. After he sees the evil guardians last resort on the leader, our hero runs and tries to save him, since they are best friends. Our hero is pulled into the vortex along with the leader.

Present
Our hero is found naked, by a man that owns a small hut in the woods by a lake. The blast and vortex caused him to lose his memory, so during the game he can suffer through various flashbacks that will reveil to the player what happened in the past, but still not give away who our hero really is.

The villian of our story can be the leader of the legendary heros. The curse thats on him is very weak at first because of the power of the Light guardian. Our villian does remember everything from the past and starts feeling anger and sadness thinking he was the only one that survived. This curse on him feeds off this and leads him to do evil things and becomes more and more crazy and possessed, as the protection of the light guardian weakens. At first it might be as minor as yelling at someone for some small thing, then it leads to taking someones life. Then starts to feel the need to cause suffering and sadness, making him take over towns and cities, killing. He sees everyone in the world as just pawns for his own evil agenda, since he feels that the only reason people are alive in the world anyway, is because Him and the others defeated the evil guardian in the past. He feels he can play with peoples life since they are there because of him to begin with. He might scheme to cause kingdoms to attack eachother, starting a war. Which causes alot of death. He gathers followers that have nothing left and want a world free from there pain, which is what he is offering. Every passing second, the return of the evil guardian comes closer, as the villians (the hero of old times) holy protection fades...

This would make a good connection between the hero and the villian as they were best friends in the past and now enemies in the present.

Since our hero is searching to find where he belongs and to regain his memory, and the villian is angry because he thinks he is the only one that survived. So when they meet for the first time since the fated battle of the past, the villian is too possessed by the evil guardian to stop killing and therefore is more interested in the sword our hero is carrying than the hero himself. At this time the hero still doesn't know who the villian is because he lost his memory, but regains it a little more after the site of his old best friend. Over time the hero will eventually regain his memory and hesitate to face his once best friend. He sees the tattoo on the villians arm and knows that it is not him that is to blame, and knows who is behind it all...the evil guardian.

I think its coming along nicely.:) Feel free to add and take out.

oddler
11-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Parts of this are beginning to sound a leeeetle bit like my plot in Hero Spirits. Naturally, I like it. :) I'm very curious to see how this all turns out.

Also, I hope no one takes offense to this but, if possible, I would like to be an editor/proofer for the writers. I'm more than happy to leave the ideas and creation up to you guys but I think that the final story and the dialogues would look more "professional" if correct grammar and spelling were verified before release.

I guess to do this job I would technically be a tester. That way I could play through the game and edit firsthand.

Let me know what you all think.

Kryton87
11-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I always thought the idea of the hero and villain knowing eachother before the stroy begins was a little too easy. It seems to make the story more about them and only them, rather than the people that they affect. It also seems far more likely to me that the villain would force himself upon the hero. Maybe the hero is the only one that can stop this villain, but that by no means implies that they have had prior relations. Maybe the villain did something evil to the hero's family, or gave him a nasty beating and left him for dead. Or maybe the hero did something to the villain, and thats why the villain even became evil. So the villain is now trying to get back at the unsuspecting hero. Yeah, I guess that last one's a little overused in comic books. But I always like the idea that the villain is a villain without the hero, and the hero has to be the one that saves everyone without being the chosen one, and without knowing the villain beforehand.

In FF7, it was very much Cloud vs. Sephiroth. Sephiroth was trying to do other things to the whole planet too, and thats the only reason everyone else tags along, but its very much just that Cloud wants to destroy Sephirorth. Whereas, in FF6, it was all the heroes vs. the Villain. It didn't matter that it was Kefka, He didn't do anything specifically evil to them. He did evil to everyone, and the heroes had to band together to stop him because of his evilness. It wasn't nearly as personal as the Cloud vs. Sephiroth thing.

I'd rather have a story about all the characters in it, rather than a story about a hero versus a villain.

Darth Cid
11-02-2006, 02:44 AM
ATTENTION: RAVision members, on my board, the forum has created with a subforum for each department, if you still a link to the board please PM myself, Kryton87, or Ravur. If you register on my board under a different name then your current one, please let me know.

ok,lets talk about this abandoned forum....
how would we use it? would each "job get a specific kind of thread?

No, each job/department gets a sub-forum.

Izzo2
11-02-2006, 03:50 AM
NOTICE: Ravur has named me co-manager over IM. He said he was taking a break tonight. I'd say he'll be back tomorrow.

Kryton87
11-02-2006, 04:01 AM
I think you typo'd, my name is Kryton87. And I was checking the board, logging in and all that, and I couldn't find it. Do I need a more specific link? I'm logged in as Kryton87. I'll keep looking until I just can't find it.

nik0tine
11-02-2006, 07:03 AM
I would love to help compose for your game.

I'll show you a few of my finished peices that I have composed and you can decide if you want me on the team or not.

This is a fugue that I just recently wrote for the halloween competition here:

http://media.putfile.com/Halloween-fugue-in-G-minor

I think this one may have been used in another game, but I don't see a problem with recycling it.

http://media.putfile.com/Arpeggiation-and-Oboe

A waltz for piano in Db:

http://media.putfile.com/Waltz-in-D-flat

This peice is for harp, but I doubt it's playable on one. This peice is mediocre, but I still like it.

http://media.putfile.com/harp-80

I may not be able to devote 100% of my time to this, but I would definetly like to contribute.

Kryton87
11-02-2006, 07:37 AM
your music seems rather... classical I guess. I like it, it would be perfect contrast to what I do, which is similar, but with much more base. I can see that harp one in a game, but I can't see most of my stuff in games, despite the fact that I often write them specifically for that purpose.

Bloodstreaks
11-02-2006, 07:39 AM
NOTICE: Ravur has named me co-manager over IM. He said he was taking a break tonight. I'd say he'll be back tomorrow.

Looks like thats two of us then.
I've composed a long list of items for Ravur to put in the game.

What version of RMXP are you using?

Darth Cid
11-02-2006, 06:53 PM
I have to make you a member of the RAVision Staff group first, when you register at default, you're just a member of the normal members' group. I just put the people who recently registered in the RAVision Staff group so by now those whom have registered recently should now be able to see the RAVision forum and each department's sub forum. You should be able to see the RAVision forum now Kryton.

EDIT - Oh which verison of RMXP, I use a legal verison released by Enterbrain.

Bloodstreaks
11-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Alright - I was referring to regular or 1.02 :)

But thanks, I've registered now :)

Izzo2
11-03-2006, 01:47 AM
I have the legal and postality knights.

Brian McLaren
11-05-2006, 02:36 PM
hey ill help out and do watever apart from scripting
i also use knights edition xp
when your finnished you should by the lisence so u dont get sued wen u post it online or watever ok
but yeah ill help ou
email me at a-n-m-d@hotmail.com
or add me and well talk ok
kool
:D

TidusMaster
11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
ok,im back,wow.....we havnt been doing anything on this forum.....anyways,i was wondering.......is there gonna be a romance in the story? THERE HAS TO BE!!!!!! if someone is thinkin "o,does she like him the way he does?" THATS going to make the game way more appealing!

Kryton87
11-07-2006, 05:36 AM
I hate romance in video games. It killed half of FF4 for me, and destroyed many scenes in FF7. If it exists, it should exist purely for comedy. In FF6 it was luckily confined only to one character, and as much as it sucked, it was more or less dormant. That was one of the reasons I never played much of FF8. In FF9 it was good because it was mostly comedic.

However, I would like to strongly vote against romance. Unless you mean the type of romance as in medieval hero defeats villain type of romance. I would especially like to attempt to ward off the type of superficial stuff:
"o,does she like him the way he does?"

So, please, no love scenes, no love plotlines, no love involvement in high fantasy!

Nominus Experse
11-07-2006, 03:06 PM
If it would be of any aid, I am volunteering for any of the following positions:

Mapper
Artist
Tester
Writer

If my help is wanted or needed in one or the other or all, than I am more than willing to give aid where it is needed. This project is to my liking, and I am somewhat ashamed that I did not see it sooner.

TidusMaster
11-08-2006, 02:11 AM
ok,i think that thwere should be more then one friggin race!!! like....idk.....some mystical Race....like the veira! and there should be some hidden city!

TidusMaster
11-08-2006, 02:12 AM
I hate romance in video games. It killed half of FF4 for me, and destroyed many scenes in FF7. If it exists, it should exist purely for comedy. In FF6 it was luckily confined only to one character, and as much as it sucked, it was more or less dormant. That was one of the reasons I never played much of FF8. In FF9 it was good because it was mostly comedic.

However, I would like to strongly vote against romance. Unless you mean the type of romance as in medieval hero defeats villain type of romance. I would especially like to attempt to ward off the type of superficial stuff:
"o,does she like him the way he does?"

So, please, no love scenes, no love plotlines, no love involvement in high fantasy!
o,and i bet that ravur will agree with me...

Eiko Guy
11-08-2006, 03:01 AM
romance can make a game good but i like what krypton said except not comedic more like tragic.

The hero actuallyloves villian but knows he must make that sacrifice to end the world's suffering

Kryton87
11-09-2006, 10:27 AM
I cannot relate to love scenes. I disapprove of people making stupid decisions based upon emotions, and that scenario of villain love could only be good if its done really well. Of course by the same standard, even Jar Jar Binks could be good.

There is a way to do it. I'm not saying that it would be impossible, but it would need to be worked in so perfectly, that it is required for the story to make sense. Don't put it in because "it makes it better" If it doesn't work, it makes the game worse. If it doesn't mesh perfectly, it makes the game worse. Under no circumstances should anything be put in just for the sake of putting them in. Unless its incredibly minor. Love scenarios by their nature tend not to be minor.

edit: kudo's to anyone that understands my rambling.

TidusMaster
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
well,in this case, the villian and the heroe are boys...so if you want gay love...then go ahead

Eiko Guy
11-09-2006, 05:38 PM
gay love adds to the sweetness of the romance make it so its only obvious if you think hard about it but that its still there. kinda like a hidden love

Kryton87
11-16-2006, 08:09 AM
what the heck? why is no one caring anymore!?! No! This will not Happen! I hereby bump this thread!

Eiko Guy
11-17-2006, 03:27 AM
and i hereby ask what new forum did that one dude say they were using for this

Kryton87
11-17-2006, 05:37 AM
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Roleplay_Universe/index.php?showforum=43

Universe of Roleplaying forum.

But NO ONE HAS POSTED ON IT!!!

the last post is three days old, (not counting my own that is) And NO ONE has answered any questions I posed. So therefor, I'm starting my own game. I have a project in mind too.

I will need help in all positions, and I'll post it as soon as I can get together what I have already.

Ragna53
11-17-2006, 08:00 PM
I have access to RM 2K, 03 and XP. I'm not much, but I seem to be a great namer of characters and abilities and maybe able to test or make a few things.