PDA

View Full Version : Top Cut Scenes

RiseToFall
10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Simple question, what are some of your favorite cut scenes?

-Also if it's possible, give a link so that others could see it.

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZim18VFKY) is one of my top ones, though, anything from Devil May Cry 3 tops my list.

Captain Maxx Power
10-27-2006, 10:44 AM
The ending of System Shock 2 is probably the best incentive to play the game. Well, except it's amazing atmosphere, gameplay, setting, storyline...

Dammit, just go play SS2. It'll set you up nicely for Bioshock which is coming out soonish.

Rainecloud
10-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Final Fantasy IX's cutscene where Vivi sends a fireball to the attacking Mage remains etched in my memory. It's an very moving scene which really 'hit the spot' (so to speak) when I first played the game all those years ago.

Final Fantasy X's opening movie is also one of my favourites. The very first glimpse of Blitzball blew me away, and the subsequent arrival of Sin in Zanarkand really impressed me. The music for this cutscene is simply perfect.

Little Big Adventure 2's opening/closing cutscenes are very nice, although they are quite dated now. Great music and cute graphics.

That's all I can think of at the moment. =/

Shoeberto
10-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Anything from Diablo 2 is amazing. The CG artists at Blizzard are masters of their trade.

Roto13
10-27-2006, 09:35 PM
The Killer 7 cutscenes where Curtis Blackburn kills that girl and throws her severed head at her father.

oddler
10-27-2006, 09:52 PM
It's cliche, but one can't deny these two scenes from FFVII:

Sephiroth's uncovering of Jenova in the Mako Reactor on Mt. Nibel. Pure spooky.

Aeris' prayer and death by impalement. Pure shock.

Come on, guys. When you first played that game and you saw those, you were like, "That was so awesome."

Rainecloud
10-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Come on, guys. When you first played that game and you saw those, you were like, "That was so awesome."

I was indeed. Heck, even my Grandparents (who were, for some reason, watching me play) were impressed. :p

Jowy
10-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Xenosaga Episode I

I liked the big speech that Sniper Wolf managed to give for five minutes after being lungshot in Metal Gear Solid. It's even more entertaining and non-canonical if you beat her with Stingers.

The Devil Man
10-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Wow, thats a pretty good question.

I would say that, hands down, Onimusha 2 tops my list.

I absolutely love this game and it is probably one of my favourite games of all time (Although I was not impressed with Onimusha 3 or Onimusha 4 Dawn of Dreams). Onimusha 2 had some beautiful cut-scenes throughout it and it was money well spent. Two of my favourite scenes were:

Just after you beat that fat ugly woman demon with an umbrella and Jubei has to escape as the cavern fills with poison. There is an amazing 30-40 second long cut-scene which has to be seen to be believed. It's just gorgeous.

And there is one right towards the end of the game. When you take on Demon Nobanuga and defeat him. The whole shrine starts to collapse and it is just an amazing cut-scene where the 'Evil Golden Statue- Boss comes to live and you see Jubei's final transformation into an Onimusha. If you haven't played it already, I urge you to do so!

I also loved the cut-scenes in Beyond Good and Evil. They weren't graphically spectacular but they had alot of emotion in them and conveyed the wonderful storyline very well.

Also, Genji had some great cut-scenes too. Not surprising since it's developed by the guy behind Street Fighter. It's a very pretty game with some classy sections.

Sefie1999AD
10-28-2006, 10:24 PM
My favorite cutscenes are probably the ending for Final Fantasy IX when Zidane and Dagger are reunited, and I like it how the ending credits show you various FMV scenes from the game. Another great one was the ending for StarCraft where Tassadar sacrificed himself to destroy the Zerg Overmind.

The Last Ancient
10-29-2006, 04:15 AM
The cutscene in the middle of the first Shadow Hearts game, at the end of the asia section is a really great scene.

fantasyjunkie
10-29-2006, 06:07 AM
When Rufus died in FF7. I loved the way he just faced his death without flinching.

Markus. D
10-29-2006, 06:18 AM
the final ending to Drakengard. I mean, the final final ending.

it made me feel very very empty on the inside (I had ":|" expression on my face for the next two days), its a reaction you get when you are compulsed up in so much emotion, like you saw the most tear jerking thing, that... you couldnt cry at all!

firstperson
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
i think for me was three of theese shocking cutsceenes.
the first one is in ff7,the second in ff9 and the third in ff10.when its finally clear who the main character really is...and of course the endings in these games.

Rocket Edge
10-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Squall rescuing Rinoa from the sorceress memoral in FF8.

Giga Guess
10-29-2006, 07:01 PM
After defeating the last boss in .Hack/Quarantine. Very cool.

Bloodstreaks
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Hmm, so many of mine have already been said :S

How about Sephiroth walking through the flames after he had burnt Nibelheim to the ground? I liked that one a lot.