PDA

View Full Version : Wutai sidequest

Bloodstreaks
10-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Is this to be done before or after the Temple of the Ancients? I did it afterwards, and found it so easy it was boring ._.

I managed to kill Rapps within 5 hits (two of which were Barrets 'Big Shot' limit break), by using the weapons found in the Temple of the Ancients (Nail Bat, Work Glove and Barrets punching glove.. Cant remember what its called :D). The ones that dont have any materia slots, but increase attack power greatly.

So is it meant to be done before or after Temple of the Ancients?

Jowy
10-27-2006, 02:15 PM
You can do it before the Temple of the Ancients, and it's slightly more difficult. I've always done it beforehand because I like getting Leviathan and the halfway-decent weapons from Wutai. In the end though, there's no time where it fits into the story, hence why it's a sidequest. ;)

Anniexo
10-27-2006, 02:17 PM
It can be done any time after getting Cid and the Tiny barrco and b4 the end of disk two so any time between them two times it doesn't matter when you do it but it's best to do it just befor you go back to migar at the end of disk two cus you should be at a high level then and have lots of Materia so when yuffi runs off you'll have some left or you could just master a few fires cus if you have so many Materia fire is the 1st ones she leaves with you

Crossblades
10-27-2006, 07:18 PM
It can be done anytime after you acquire Yuffie

Anniexo
10-27-2006, 07:44 PM

Can't you do it with out meeting her 1st cus i head that you be on your way to go to Wutai and meet her then

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-27-2006, 08:58 PM
i always thought u cud do it up until u get highwind, cos after that it's pointless to go to wutai from the south wen can land on the grass next to it

The Crystal
10-27-2006, 09:05 PM
You can go any time in the game. But talking about story-wise i think that is before the Temple of the Ancients. After the temple, so many things are happening that i doubt that AVALANCHE would forget them, and go to Wutai without any motive.

BG-57
10-27-2006, 10:45 PM
You can't get the last E.Skill materia until after you get the Highwind, so if you want Trine on all four materia, you should hold off taking on the final boss in the Wutai pagoda.

Ashley Schovitz
10-27-2006, 10:58 PM
My first time playing the game as soon as I got Cid and the Tiny bronco I accidentally came across to Wutai. Why? because it was the first peice of land that I came to, it made me so mad when Yuffies stole the you know what and you had to fight without them for a while. I didn't climb the tower til the end of the game though, because I didn't notice it until then.

farplaner
10-28-2006, 12:07 PM

*picks some nits:

You mean after getting Tiny Bronco. I got Yuffie before reaching Junon, and I sure couldn't get to Wutai at that point.

I usually pick up all of the E-skill materia, but I never really worry about filling any more than one (not that all of the skills are that useful, anyway). There's not really any need for equipping more than one E-skill materia IMO.

As far the question about the sidequest, I do it before the Temple, becuase I usually like to take on sidequests as soon as they become available. I

If you're looking for more challenge, do it then...and don't buy new weapons...and don't equip much materia...or any materia...and go into battle with under 50 HP for everyone...

that should be pretty challenging. :tongue:

Crossblades
10-28-2006, 03:53 PM

Can't you do it with out meeting her 1st cus i head that you be on your way to go to Wutai and meet her then

I'm not entirely sure. Everytime I did the Wutai Sidequest, Yuffie was always on my team

OUTSIDER17000
10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Is this to be done before or after the Temple of the Ancients? I did it afterwards, and found it so easy it was boring ._.

I managed to kill Rapps within 5 hits (two of which were Barrets 'Big Shot' limit break), by using the weapons found in the Temple of the Ancients (Nail Bat, Work Glove and Barrets punching glove.. Cant remember what its called :D). The ones that dont have any materia slots, but increase attack power greatly.

So is it meant to be done before or after Temple of the Ancients?
your boring! like it matters about the difficulty, it was the story interesting me. but, anyway it would be easy if you did it after temple of the ancients, but your not "meant" to do it before, or after

~SapphireStar~
10-28-2006, 07:17 PM

your boring!

Why is he? I did it after the Temple also.

Sefie1999AD
10-28-2006, 10:38 PM
You should do the Wutai side quest before the Gold Saucer date sequence if you can. If I remember correctly, Yuffie gets a lot of affection points (10?) if you complete her quest in Wutai, so if you want Cloud to go on a date with Yuffie, you pretty much need to do the Wutai side quest as soon as you get the Tiny Bronco. If you want to wait until Disc 2 or 3, it's up to you, but by that time, many of the fights will be really easy. :p

Jigsaw
10-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I usually do it when I get the tiny bronco and I always end up regretting it when I reach Rapps. What a meanie. :mog:

OUTSIDER17000
10-29-2006, 01:42 AM

your boring!

Why is he? I did it after the Temple also.
noooooo! i dont mean because he did that, i meant, because he said that the side quest was boring, hes boring because its great !

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 01:43 AM
noooooo! i dont mean because he did that, i meant, because he said that the side quest was boring, hes boring because its great !
Oh right, sorry bout that! Its a great sidequest I think ^^

Twilight Edge
10-29-2006, 04:49 AM
It can be done after you acquire BOTH Yuffie AND the Tiny Bronco.

boys from the dwarf
10-29-2006, 09:04 AM
you can do it as long as you can reach wutai. i think you can even do it on disk 3.

the earliest point in the game that you can do it is when you first get the tiny bronco. i did it on my solo yuffie challenge so my other characters were on low levels but i managed fine.

Bloodstreaks
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM

your boring!Why is he? I did it after the Temple also.

Sorry, I guess I should have put this before...

Its a fine side-quest, as long as its challenging, yes, the story is fun an' all, but killing a boss in a few hits is just... Bah.

At least I got some decent materia from it (MP Absorb) :)

TheSpoonyBard
10-29-2006, 06:22 PM
There are two sidequests in Wutai -- the one where Yuffie steals your materia, and the one in the Pagoda. The former can be done anytime between acquiring the Tiny Bronco and the end of disc 2. The latter can be done at any point after acquiring the Tiny Bronco.

I suggest doing the first as soon as possible, so you have Aerith's Aurora Rod for the TotA, and doing the second once you've got the fourth E.Skill materia so you can get Trine from Godo.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-29-2006, 06:44 PM
i usually don't bother trying to get 5 master commands, just 3. so i get trine on 2 of them from materia keeper then get the master materia from earth harp. although i guess it wud b easier to get a 3rd master command by making it urself.

TheSpoonyBard
10-29-2006, 07:10 PM
i usually don't bother trying to get 5 master commands, just 3.
E.Skill isn't required for Master Command. If it was, you would only be able to get four.

so i get trine on 2 of them from materia keeper
You can get Trine on the third from Stilvas inside Gaea's Cliff.

then get the master materia from earth harp. although i guess it wud b easier to get a 3rd master command by making it urself.
You only get one Master Command by exchanging the Earth Harp. Any after that you'd have to make yourself.

Ashley Schovitz
10-29-2006, 07:16 PM
There are two sidequests in Wutai -- the one where Yuffie steals your materia, and the one in the Pagoda. The former can be done anytime between acquiring the Tiny Bronco and the end of disc 2. The latter can be done at any point after acquiring the Tiny Bronco.

I suggest doing the first as soon as possible, so you have Aerith's Aurora Rod for the TotA, and doing the second once you've got the fourth E.Skill materia so you can get Trine from Godo.

You can get Trine from fighting that giant snake.

TheSpoonyBard
10-29-2006, 07:23 PM
The Zolom? That teaches you Beta.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-30-2006, 09:31 PM
I usually do the Wutai sidequest right after I get the Tiny Bronco b/c I can't help myself, but this time around I wanted to hurry to the end of disc 1, so I did it later. I was wondering how it would work with the highwind. Well, you just try to enter Wutai and the game pretends you entered way down south, then you're in Wutai after that scene. It was kinda fun b/c I never did it with a different leader. I should try it with Cid, too.

And how does the stealing work? I still had plenty of materia left for some reason. This happened to me once before, when Barret had one fire for some reason.

TheSpoonyBard
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
[Summon] Master Summon
[Summon] Knights of Round
[Command] Master Command
[Magic] Master Magic
[Summon] Bahamut ZERO
[Command] W-Summon
[Command] W-Magic
[Indep.] Mega-All
[Support] Counter
[Summon] Typhon
[Summon] Hades
[Support] Quadra Magic
[Command] Mime
[Support] Magic Counter
[Magic] Ultima
[Magic] Shield
[Magic] Full Cure
[Summon] Neo Bahamut
[Summon] Phoenix
[Command] Enemy Skill
[Command] Double Cut
[Command] Slash-All
[Indep.] Exp Plus
[Summon] Alexander
[Summon] Kujata
[Summon] Bahamut
[Command] W-Item
[Magic] Contain
[Indep.] HP<->MP
[Command] Morph
[Support] Steal As Well
[Support] Added Cut
[Support] Final Attack
[Command] Manipulate
[Support] Sneak Attack
[Support] Added Effect
[Magic] Comet
[Support] Elemental
[Command] Throw
[Summon] Leviathan
[Support] HP Absorb
[Support] MP Absorb
[Summon] Odin
[Support] MP Turbo
[Summon] Titan
[Summon] Ramuh
[Command] Deathblow
[Summon] Ifrit
[Indep.] Gil Plus
[Indep.] Counter Attack
[Summon] Shiva
[Indep.] Long Range
[Indep.] Pre-emptive
[Indep.] Chocobo Lure
[Summon] Choco/Mog
[Indep.] Enemy Away
[Indep.] Luck Plus
[Indep.] Magic Plus
[Indep.] Speed Plus
[Indep.] Enemy Lure
[Support] All
[Indep.] HP Plus
[Indep.] MP Plus
[Indep.] Cover
[Magic] Destruct
[Magic] Gravity
[Magic] Time
[Magic] Barrier
[Magic] Exit
[Magic] Transform
[Magic] Mystify
[Magic] Seal
[Magic] Revive
[Magic] Earth
[Magic] Poison
[Command] Sense
[Command] Steal
[Magic] Heal
[Magic] Restore
[Magic] Lightning
[Magic] Ice
[Magic] Fire
[Indep.] Underwater

That's the order in which Yuffie steals your materia. Fire is near the bottom, which explains why it was left. I think she only takes 48 pieces.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
I did it right after getting the Tiny Bronco. It took me a few tries to beat Godo.