10-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone like Protest the Hero....ok any1 heard em. They're pretty new

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7JA8K1PDM5M

Black Mage FF1
10-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Yes, they are an amazing band. One of my favorites. :cool:

Mythra
10-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Just saw them in concert with Trivium. Easily the 2nd best act of the night next to Trivium.

Black Mage FF1
10-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Just saw them in concert with Trivium. Easily the 2nd best act of the night next to Trivium.

Ahh I wanted to go see Trivium and Protest. But I hate how trivium changed their style. I mean I wouldn't mind hearing the new songs at the show. It just pisses me off how they sing their old songs without the harsh vocals. Which is very lame. Especially since I have been listening to them since Ember To Inferno. Just goes to show you that every decent band eventually sells out. -_-

Mythra
10-28-2006, 12:58 AM

Ahh I wanted to go see Trivium and Protest. But I hate how trivium changed their style. I mean I wouldn't mind hearing the new songs at the show. It just pisses me off how they sing their old songs without the harsh vocals. Which is very lame. Especially since I have been listening to them since Ember To Inferno. Just goes to show you that every decent band eventually sells out. -_-

Meh, it was still a great concert. On most of the screaming parts, they had Corey do vocals while Matt did the already "clean" chorus. Matt even said that him switching the vocal style was easier on his voice and he wouldn't have to take a day after a concert to recover or whatever. And while I still really like their first two albums (Pull Harder ftw), I really like their new singing style. Now I can actually go along with the words lol.

Black Mage FF1
10-28-2006, 01:03 AM

Meh, it was still a great concert. On most of the screaming parts, they had Corey do vocals while Matt did the already "clean" chorus. Matt even said that him switching the vocal style was easier on his voice and he wouldn't have to take a day after a concert to recover or whatever. And while I still really like their first two albums (Pull Harder ftw), I really like their new singing style. Now I can actually go along with the words lol.

I actually wouldn't mind the newer vocals if they didn't sound so much like metallica. If he sang like he did in dying in your arms or like how he does during the 2nd half of detonation, It would be better. But thats just my opinion.

Anyway we just got off topic lol.

So back on. Whats your favorite PTH song? Mine has to be either "Turn Soonest To The Sea" or "Heretics & Killers".

Mythra
10-28-2006, 03:02 AM
I haven't listened to much of their work, just their album Kezia. I would have to say my favorite songs would be "Heretics and Killers" and "Blindfolds Aside". Those were the best songs they played at the concert imo.

The New Kid
10-28-2006, 05:01 AM
I hate PTH. They may be talented, but I found Kezia to be way too fucking messy. Not in terms of songwriting, because I understand that that's the point, just the vibe I get. Plus, the vocalist sounds like Chris Carrabba being castrated.

Alexisonfire = superior Canadian band. Same goes for Comeback Kid.