PDA

View Full Version : Me, me, me, me, me! (P.S. it's all about me!)

tan
10-28-2006, 01:34 AM
How do you feel about me?

P.S. That's not the topic of this thread =P

How do you feel about people who only talk about themselves and at least half of their sentences include the word "me" or "I"?

There's this girl in one of my classes and she always has to talk about herself, even if she doesn't relate to the subject, and it's really annoying. She always talks about herself and I even whisper, "we don't care!" when she starts talking because it's really annoying and it doesn't contribute anything to the class. I think she just likes to hear the sound of her voice or something. Or she's just really shallow.

Anyway, I don't do it in the real world that much (or, at least, I don't try to) but on the Internet (especially in #eoff) I seem to do it often, and I'm trying to stop that =P

Araciel
10-28-2006, 01:37 AM
I love those people. They really make ME feel inspired. I believe those people have a great life ahead of them. It is good to hear someone talking about something other than ME.

sephirothishere
10-28-2006, 01:40 AM
I hate it...it really annoys ME.....

Mittopotahis
10-28-2006, 01:41 AM
They just plan annoy me. I really don't like people who can't get over themselves. The bible says we need to be humble, but I see some of my friends are anything but. I'm working on it :D

Which reminds me of the best Simpsons quote ever.

Homer: Ever since you started this therapy all you've been talking about is yourself.
Marge: I just finished my first class, and I haven't opened my mouth yet.
Homer: You see? You see? <i>I</i> just finished <i>MY</i> first class, and <i>I</i> haven't opened <i>MY</i> mouth yet.

Shiny
10-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Some people I want to hear more about them so I encourage them to talk about themselves more and then there are others who are uninteresting. I want them to shut up, but they keep talking. -_-

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-28-2006, 01:43 AM
Its a bit annoying. But I try my hardest to ignore it. Never works, though. ><

Araciel
10-28-2006, 01:49 AM
think of it this way though ... if you take the top ten most important people in your life, and you're not on the list...is there something wrong?

Decessus
10-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Me, myself and I find it very annoying.

oddler
10-28-2006, 02:17 AM
I don't really have a problem with people who do that sort of thing. They can talk about themselves all they want as long as they don't get conceited. That I don't like so much.

Humility is a virtue. Let it envelope you in LOVE. :eep:

Fate Fatale
It's annoying.

Rye
I like asking opinions and questions, but if the person won't talk, then I usually will talk about myself more. I try to have the conversation be rather balanced though. xD

Skarr
10-28-2006, 03:12 AM
Yeah people like that are really annoying. We should send them all to Pluto, so we can make fun of them for not going to a real planet.

Faris
10-28-2006, 03:17 AM
I try not to talk about myself, I really dislike it, but sometimes I'll use a situation that I was in to use as an example to something. Depending on what the person is saying, I can get annoyed, but I'm interested most of the time.

Evastio
10-28-2006, 03:19 AM
I find those people really annoying.

Resha
10-28-2006, 05:38 AM
Sometimes it annoys the hell out of me. At other times I am patient!

Reine
10-28-2006, 08:32 AM
If your talking about those narcassistic people that have to be the very center of everything, yes, they irritate me to no end

Rainecloud
10-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Well, chances are we're all going to talk about ourselves here at EoFF, considering most of these threads concern personal matters and opinions.

For example, in reply to this thread, I don't talk about myself that much offline. However, I do talk about myself quite a lot online, because I get asked more questions online. :p

Breine
10-28-2006, 09:42 AM
If I feel the person is too much I just try to ignore him/her.

I hope that I don't talk about myself a lot. I don't think so, though, because I tend to be a shy and modest person.

Xander
10-28-2006, 10:23 AM
People often think I'm quiet or don't talk enough, because they are always talking at me about them and their life. If people asked me questions I can start talking for ages. It happened lately with a friend from the net I met, he just seemed pretty self obsessed. I don't think he meant to, but eh, he never seemed to talk TO me, or about me! It got a little boring ;_;

The Devil Man
10-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Devil Man ALWAYS talks about himself. Always, always, always!

Devil Man is not interested in hearing other peoples opinions and views. He likes to talk about himself because he is the ABSOLUTE BEST and his life is AMAZING.

Other people do not interest Devil Man.

Only Devil Man interests Devil Man.

So Devil Man likes to talk about Devil Man :roll:

Others should bask in the glory of Devil Man! :spin:

And Devil Man is not even joking here. He tells the truth. He enjoys seeing people envy him :)

Old Manus
10-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Devil Man is not interested in hearing other peoples opinions and views. He likes to talk about himself because he is the ABSOLUTE BEST and his life is AMAZING.

And Devil Man is not even joking here. He tells the truth. He enjoys seeing people envy him :)

Christmas
10-28-2006, 12:19 PM

Manus win

Shauna
10-28-2006, 04:30 PM
People often think I'm quiet or don't talk enough, because they are always talking at me about them and their life. If people asked me questions I can start talking for ages. It happened lately with a friend from the net I met, he just seemed pretty self obsessed. I don't think he meant to, but eh, he never seemed to talk TO me, or about me! It got a little boring ;_;

Yeah. I agree with this. People think I'm really quiet and shy, but really, if they talk to me about something that I can actually talk about, then I'll talk forever. But, a lot of people I know would much rather talk about themselves... so I just keep quiet. xD

Reine
10-28-2006, 05:51 PM

Yeah. I agree with this. People think I'm really quiet and shy, but really, if they talk to me about something that I can actually talk about, then I'll talk forever. But, a lot of people I know would much rather talk about themselves... so I just keep quiet. xD

Hell yes, make her stop, MAKE HER STOP! :(

~SapphireStar~
10-28-2006, 05:55 PM
I cant stand people who go on nonstop about themselves. My first boyfriend did it all the time, never bothered if I was ok, just wanted full on attention and I grew tired of it, so he had to go.

Monster Hunt
10-29-2006, 09:01 AM
They get annoying sometimes but all of us do that sometimes.

If you don't like it just say shutup, walk away or if you don't want it to be so straight forward, say you're going to the toilet. If you're at a toilet... say you saw a very very annoying person you must get away from for unexplainable reasons...

Chloe.
10-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I hate people like that :bigsmile:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Doesn't really bother me

Yamaneko
10-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I hate people that use "one" instead of "I".

Jess
10-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I really don't mind. It doesn't bother me when people talk about themselves a lot, aslong as it isn't all of the time. :jess:

Rocket Edge
10-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Some people I want to hear more about them so I encourage them to talk about themselves more.
Same. Other than that i hate it.

Cz
10-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't really mind people who talk about themselves, so long as what they're saying is interesting. People who go on and on without saying anything of worth are much more irritating than self-obsessed people.

On the internet, I tend to talk about myself a lot, since that tends to be the nature of discussion on forums. There was a time when I got really worried that I was talking about myself too much, but after a while I just stopped caring. If people don't like it, they're free to ignore me, and I'm free to do the same to them.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Im road runner :p :D

mee mee

Christmas
06-23-2023, 02:32 AM
Hell yeah. I love to listen to them and use the info to stalk them intensively to be part of their life. :bigsmile: