PDA

View Full Version : This Is The True Meaning of Fear........

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 06:10 AM
http://www.eyetricks.com/scary_optical_illusion2.htm (http://www.eyetricks.com/scary_optical_illusion2.htm)

this is just wrong...... I'm still not right........ don't post what happens..... just watch..... it's not right.

Post your views on how it was, but don't give any hints as to what sick, twisted demonic natures you saw.

Agent Proto
10-28-2006, 06:12 AM
I hate you. I knew it was one of those....

<h1>DON'T CLICK THE LINK! IT'S A TRAP!</h1>

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 06:17 AM
LOL don't scare them! That's what the guy on the vBulliten forum said, he was so scared! LOLOL

Don't worry, it's not spyware or nothin! LOL It's a... well, click the link...

Hey, I'm not gettin banned for this right!? you seem serious, is this like a problem?

Araciel
10-28-2006, 07:29 AM
oh i think i've seen that before...hilarious.

Rainecloud
10-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Are those things still scaring people?

:p

41-Inches-Wide
10-28-2006, 08:40 AM
*pant* *pant*
Of course i-it doesn't scare people...!

Breine
10-28-2006, 10:02 AM
I knew something like that was coming, but I got scared anyway... >:o

Meat Puppet
10-28-2006, 10:20 AM
The flashing banner distracted me enough to render the “sick, twisted demonic natures” innocuous.

BarelySeeAtAll
10-28-2006, 11:47 AM
aah,!!!!!!**** in hell,that scared the living daylights out of me, oo, u shall pay. . .i swore out loud and am now getting told off by my mum

Old Manus
10-28-2006, 11:50 AM
http://www.sw-battlefields.de/HfR/Images/adm_ackbar.jpg

BarelySeeAtAll
10-28-2006, 11:55 AM
ummm that aint scary,but the link is, haha,still laughing tho

Dreddz
10-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Yawn.

Polaris
10-28-2006, 11:58 AM
:lol: FOOL! I thought it was the fact of the house didn't have curtains

Quindiana Jones
10-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Already seen it.

EDIT FOR RED: But by God it still scares me. All those kinda things make me fertilise my underwear, even when I'm ready for them roflroflroflroflrofl.

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 01:13 PM
wow, I guess everybodu on this forum are full grown adults, apparently you can't get scared here! lol

"Yawn" that post really made me laugh. If you actually wasn't scared and you've never seen it before, then smething ISN'T right. and don't nobody post anything sarcastic like, "Not all of us our intrepid little childish imps," cuz I know that happens on EoFF, people use 'big words' to make something someone does seem retarded, when they could have just ignored it. I used some of those words like "demonic" because it caught me REALLY off guard!

I was upstairs. It was dark. tv was off. grandma was downstairs. i was sitting on floor by bed. the glowing computer was the only light source.

understand me? yea. but wow...

EDIT: Ok, lol, maybe you just edited that, but t least you admitted it, and I'd be a bad person to keep this post the same :)

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
10-28-2006, 01:27 PM
I said a bad word and then well looked a bit more and it was over...

I Am Stoner
10-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Hahahahaha, that was class. :D

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 01:58 PM
lol you see, I said all that stuff to "get you into it." it got me bad cuz it was dark and i was alone, but it's over before anything happens, so its for a good laugh. I didn't want anyone to act all boldy and crap like I was some idiot for laughin at this, as if it's old you either laughed or screamed, and fear is a funny rush!

the two who posted above me, thank you. you proved my point, instead of acting like it was crap when you could ignore :)

Quindiana Jones
10-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I edited my post :(

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 02:00 PM
lol me too :)

Polaris
10-28-2006, 02:02 PM
u're scared? I started laughing! :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
10-28-2006, 02:05 PM
:love:

Being scared makes me laugh so...you know. S'all good :bigsmile:

Venom
10-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Thank you for the heart attack, I appreciate it.:mad:

Christmas
10-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Am I the only one that didn't click on the link? :bigsmile:

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 02:15 PM
lol believe it or not, these are all positive replies. you want to see somethin mean?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=25145

Chloe.
10-28-2006, 02:15 PM

I didn't either :bigsmile:

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Wintorrwind is worse LOL

PM me if you're afriad, I'll tell you what happens LOL. I'd

Markus. D
10-28-2006, 02:22 PM

I didn't either :bigsmile:

Not a click in site :bigsmile:

edit: oh... the screaming thing. I heard Winterwind and I was like... LAWL.

also, I reccomend playing "THE MAZE"

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I had a broken link earlier, but now iT's fixed. I'm serious, this is the most bogus thing ever.

If you think I'm wrong for this, please tell me (when I say that, I mean for what I posted)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25145

I'm Sipheria. Just read, and you'll see.

Polaris
10-28-2006, 02:44 PM
damn they were really mean.... but I guess that it didn't involv pokemon so that's why they were pissed...

hahahah they threated u with moderators... remind me in primary school when girls said 'I'm gonna tell the teacher' :p

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 02:53 PM
oops! Crap, I double posted. I thought someone posted after me.... it's not too bad, but at least I know the rules here and not try to break them, but in that Pokemon link, there are some mean as Hell people. I mean come on!

click it and be amazed. I mean, you're on a pokemon forum for God's sake! That is for jokin and talkin bout Pikachu! and they wanna cuss, call me a b*itch, and threaten me with mods? when I read that, I was like, "Little kids now-a-days... tsk tsk."

BarelySeeAtAll
10-28-2006, 03:44 PM
do people get some sort of entertainment in scaring poor defenceless lil sheep like myself or something?

Giga Guess
10-28-2006, 03:56 PM
And don't nobody post anything sarcastic like, "Not all of us our intrepid little childish imps," cuz I know that happens on EoFF, people use 'big words' to make something someone does seem retarded, when they could have just ignored it.

You mean "Insipid, childish, little moron?"

Anh. I've seen it before. I was expecting it.

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 04:43 PM
And don't nobody post anything sarcastic like, "Not all of us our intrepid little childish imps," cuz I know that happens on EoFF, people use 'big words' to make something someone does seem retarded, when they could have just ignored it.

yep! were you being sarcastic?
lol Im being insipid

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Already seen it. :p

It was scary the first time I saw it. Not so much anymore.

Ryth
10-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Well, that wasn't scary at all. :|

Evastio
10-28-2006, 05:03 PM
That hurt my ears. :(

You should've told me I should lower the volume. :(

Skyblade
10-28-2006, 05:08 PM
You do realize that there is a difference between being startled or surprised and being scared, don't you? I hate when people misuse terms like that.

Shauna
10-28-2006, 05:09 PM
When I'm linked to other sites on here, especially ones that include being afraid, I always mute my PC, and look at another window. xD I see the 'scary' thing, and I'm not that scared, because it didn't appear suddenly, nor does it make a screamy sound! xD

Decessus
10-28-2006, 05:30 PM
I honestly didn't have the patience to wait for it.

Giga Guess
10-28-2006, 06:08 PM

yep! were you being sarcastic?
lol Im being insipid

Nah, just being a dicto-whore.

-Red XIII-
10-28-2006, 11:04 PM
You do realize that there is a difference between being startled or surprised and being scared, don't you? I hate when people misuse terms like that.

they all have a similar meaning, and you 'hate' it?

startled and surprise are almost completely the same (if not completly) and scared is a stronger version (in this case, that is).

I'm not misusing the term, nor is anyone else who said it. If they were scared, ok. I was, because of the setting. I was actually shooken up. Is it your right to tell people they're wrong for viewing something in a specific way?:rolleyes2

NorthernChaosGod
10-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Those are dumb.

Reine
10-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Ah, its a screamer right?

I remember seeing one of those when I was younger, it really freaked me out, I felt sick afterwards and everything.

It was one about some kitchen or something where your supposed to see ghosts materialising and your advised to turn the volume up. After ages, and your slowy staring at the screen inching closer, this horrible image flashes onto the screen and gives a damn heart attack. With sound theres also a very lame scream. Personally, I find these things scarier without sound.

EDIT: I didnt bother to click the link, besides, I read peoples replies and knew better than to click it

Mirage
10-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Screamers suck. Furthermore, I need to manually click flash animations in order to see them. This made it pretty obvious that the image was sooner or later going to change, and most likely play a sound. If no sound were to be played, a simple gif animation would have done the trick.

And yes, being startled is far from the same as being scared. A shock is not the same as fear.

Rinion
10-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Before I look, is it a picture of Pazuzu or something when he is in Regan?

Or something else? I don't like scary stuff...

Samuraid
10-29-2006, 11:13 AM
I'll bet it's one of those cliché jump scene sort of things, that changes suddenly.

Mo-Nercy
10-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Seen it.

Still works though :(

Twilight Edge
10-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks for giving me a damn [major censorship] heart attack with loads of cold sweat and a sore leg added with some unessesary lost of voice energy. Damn all. :mad:

BardTard
10-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I've seen that before...

Frozen Phantom
10-29-2006, 02:21 PM
thank god I wasn't paying attention when I was doing this and had the volume off, it would of been alot worse with it on...

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Yawn.

ama124
10-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I clicked it and i knew something was going to pop up.

But it still scared me anyway :p lol. I've seen those before and they always get me :)

Skyblade
10-29-2006, 03:36 PM

they all have a similar meaning, and you 'hate' it?

startled and surprise are almost completely the same (if not completly) and scared is a stronger version (in this case, that is).

I'm not misusing the term, nor is anyone else who said it. If they were scared, ok. I was, because of the setting. I was actually shooken up. Is it your right to tell people they're wrong for viewing something in a specific way?:rolleyes2

Wrong. Being startled or surprised is not fear. If someone jumps out at you and says "boo", you may be surprised, but you are not afraid. It is an instinctive reaction to something that happens too quickly for you to think about.

Fear is something else entirely. If someone points a gun at you, you may be scared, even if you saw him drawing it and were not startled or surprised. Firefighters can be afraid to go into a burning building, but they are in no way surprised by it, since they do it every day.

Fear and surprise are not even close to being the same thing.

Essência
10-29-2006, 06:01 PM
that video isnt cool, I really getted scared:mad2:

Vikeve
10-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I knew that was coming so I didn't scream however the first time i saw one of those I was with a friend and I covered my face and screamed as loud as I could then i cracked up.:)