PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Baskets. Don't be a riceball!

Dagga
10-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I love this series it's so cute and it has a really good storyline! Agreement anyone?
It totally Rockz and the DVD''s rock too!
Anyone care to share their love for Fruits Basket?
Anyone??
Anyone???
ANYONE?! FRUITS BASKET

YTDN
10-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Love it.
BTW, this should be in The Lounge.

Levian
10-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Please read the descriptions of the various forums. Most Entertainment stuff besides games goes in The Lounge.

~SapphireStar~
10-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Ive got the complete manga, but I think I was on volume 3 or something. Havent seen the anime, very tempted to go to ebay ^^ Kyo Sohma is soooooooo cute ^^

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/FB_kyo.jpg

Zeromus_X
10-28-2006, 09:17 PM
You would be better off just reading the manga.

Uo-chan= love. <3

Spatvark
10-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Complete manga? Even though it's not finished yet? The last chapter goes on sale November 20th in Japan.

Myself, I'm holding out for the tankoubon before reading it; hopefully I won't get spoiled for the last two or three volumes, like I did about the enormous Akito twist.

~SapphireStar~
10-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Complete manga? Even though it's not finished yet? The last chapter goes on sale November 20th in Japan.
Its the e-book versions. They said it was the full manga. If not I'll just purchase the ones that get released.

Dagga
10-28-2006, 09:39 PM
I've read themanga and I've one of the DVD's ^^ Kyo Sohma is soooooooo cute ^^ [Quote]He is soooo cute!!! Kyo-Kun awwwww

ValkyrieWing
10-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Kyo-kun....<3<3<3

MJN SEIFER
10-29-2006, 07:08 PM
It's brilliant.

charliepanayi
10-29-2006, 07:22 PM
The anime ie very good yes, especially the penultimate episode which is just heart-wrenching at its conclusion. But the manga is far superior, and takes the story much longer. I just wish it would come out more quickly over here.

Love Kyo and Hatori especially, and the student council in the recent volumes are a real hoot.

Big D
10-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Fantastic series. I'm only familiar with the anime, since the manga's too expensive in my region, but the story and characters are great. I'll have to agree with everyone who admires Kyo; at first I was kind of surprised to find him becoming my favourite character. Drum solo!

Behold the Void
10-30-2006, 02:44 AM
The manga is quite good, and I enjoyed the anime.

StarlightAngel
10-30-2006, 03:05 AM
The manga is love <3 Though all the characters are really screwed up.

I can't wait to see the unfolding of the future events :D 'Specially since I kinda sorta cheated and wiki'd the series...

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2006, 06:30 AM
I love this series as well. Though the Trio are my favorites I still love Shigure the best (probably cause we share the same signs;) ) Although every time I mention this to anyone who has read most of the manga, I get evil stares...:cry:

Please don't hate the dog...

Big D
11-01-2006, 07:52 AM
... :D 'Specially since I kinda sorta cheated and wiki'd the series...Me too, I was kinda struck by the developments that take place in the manga... just makes me hope all the more that there'll be a second anime series after the manga's run its course.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-01-2006, 12:01 PM
do we have a problem with rice? :(

MJN SEIFER
11-03-2006, 06:48 PM
I got more Manga's recently, It's brilliant as I am already a fan of the show.

The writers are Final Fantasy fans too! :eek:

StarlightAngel
11-03-2006, 11:39 PM
I got more Manga's recently, It's brilliant as I am already a fan of the show.

The writers are Final Fantasy fans too! :eek:

Yeah, I found it interesting how Natsuki Takaya was talking of shortening Fruits Basket to FB, "Like Final Fantasy!"

But Furuba sounds cooler in my opinion :cool:

Vikeve
11-03-2006, 11:46 PM
My friend is trying to get me to get into it I guess I'll have to find a way to watch and episoid now since all of you guys make it sound so good.:)

MJN SEIFER
11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
It's also good to know I wasn't the only one who Cried over Aeris!

Christmas
11-04-2006, 02:54 PM
This anime is about people that will turn into animals right?

I remember watching the anime but I missed the last episode. :(

MJN SEIFER
11-04-2006, 03:44 PM
This anime is about people that will turn into animals right?

Yes. It's doing very well in England.

Jessweeee♪
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
One of my friends let me borrow his DVD and I fell in love with it :love:

Now I hear that it's going to be a loooooooooooooooooong time before the next season comes.

I couldn't stop laughing at the episode where Toru invites her friends over.

charliepanayi
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Well it is on the face of it a series about people that turn into animals but to be honest that concept is not used that much beyond the introduction to characters (when you see what animal they are), and in the manga it doesn't really happen all that often. It's really much more than that.

And yeah, the episode where Tohru invites her friends around is pure hilarity - also one of the few times (apart from the last two episodes and the introducing Hiro and Ritsu before they turn up in the manga) where the anime deviates from the manga to a large extent.

MJN SEIFER
11-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Well it is on the face of it a series about people that turn into animals but to be honest that concept is not used that much beyond the introduction to characters (when you see what animal they are), and in the manga it doesn't really happen all that often. It's really much more than that.

Don't worry I realize there is "More to it than that" (like most shows I like) but as that's what the asked I answered,

It's still a brilliant show though.