PDA

View Full Version : Cant use different Sims

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Okay, Ive been trying to install Sims and Sims items people have made from sites. Ive downloaded a few, but for some reason I cant get them on the actual game. I placed everything I downloaded into the Downloaded File of the Sims folder, yet nothing!!

Please help guys, some of the stuff looks truly amazing and some of the Sims people have made look amazing!

starseeker
10-30-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm sure downloaded sims went in the created sims folder or something. I don't think it was the download folder I used for mine. Another thing, putting too many downloaded mods in can mess up the program. (I learned that the hard way)

~SapphireStar~
10-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Eep! Thats for that starseeker! I did have loads of stuff downloaded, that mya have been the problem!

starseeker
10-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Overloading the game with downloaded mods causes problems like families simply not loading up no matter how long you leave it.
The sims should load up when they are placed in the Saved Sims folder, rather than the download folder. That's how my sister makes it work.

Shiny
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
When you downloaded the files from the site did you unzip them? The downloaded file could not be working, because it hasn't been extracted yet. Once you've extracted the file you can place it in the downloads folder for Sims. I'm not sure, but if you still have the problem now then it could have been that.